These coconut milk recipes make a dairy-free lifestyle so deliciously easy. Soups, entrees (with meat and without), sides, drinks, and desserts – we’ve brought together a little bit of everything, savory and sweet.
Why We Love Coconut Milk
Coconut milk might be our favorite non-dairy milk alternative. It makes everything rich and creamy, and it’s impressively versatile – as you’ll see from all the savory and sweet recipes in this list! And, I promise, it really doesn’t make everything taste like coconut.
It’s thought to have several health benefits. Some studies show it potentially aids in weight loss (when incorporated into a well-balanced diet, of course). Others indicate it can boost the immune system, thanks to its lauric acid.
Coconut milk is really very simple. It’s made from grating the white flesh of a coconut, then squeezing the flesh through a cheesecloth. The liquid that comes out is the coconut milk!
Interested in making your own coconut milk? Check out this How to Make Coconut Milk recipe from Minimalist Baker.
Soups Using Coconut Milk
6. Vegan Coconut Tomato Lentil Soup from Ambitious Kitchen
Coconut Milk Recipes Without Meat
7. Coconut Rice
11. Sweet Potato Casserole from our sister site, Easy Healthy Recipes
12. Sweet Potato Zoodle Bowls with Golden Turmeric Coconut Milk Sauce from Ambitious Kitchen
13. Coconut Creamed Corn from EatingWell
14. Thai Tofu Satay with Peanut Sauce from Cupful of Kale
15. Herbed Coconut Milk Potatoes Au Gratin from The Roasted Root
16. Creamy Vegan Coconut Mushroom Pizza from It Doesn’t Taste Like Chicken
17. Thai Red Curry with Vegetables from Cookie + Kate
Coconut Milk Recipes With Meat
22. Coconut Milk Chicken with Cilantro Lime from Little Broken
23. Creamy Coconut Milk Chicken from Diethood
24. Garlic Shrimp in Coconut Milk, Tomatoes and Cilantro from Skinny Taste
25. Thai Coconut Curry With Shrimp from Foodie Crush
26. Coconut Lime Chicken from A Saucy Kitchen
27. Coconut Milk Baked Chicken from She Wears Many Hats
28. Coconut Curry Salmon from Pinch of Yum
29. Thai Coconut Beef from Taste of Home
30. Gising-Gising (Pork Simmered in Coconut Milk and Shrimp Paste) from The Kitchn
37. Vegan Creme Brulee from our sister site, Easy Healthy Recipes
38. Coconut Chia Pudding from Well Plated by Erin
39. Pumpkin Parfaits with Coconut Whipped Cream from Well Plated by Erin
40. Coconut Cake Donuts with Coconut Milk Glaze from The Little Epicurean
44. Iced Golden Milk Latte (Paleo, Vegan) (use coconut milk from a carton)
If you enjoyed this recipe, be sure to check out 40 Aprons Premium! 40 Aprons Premium offers exclusive recipes, monthly meal plans, grocery lists, and more – all completely ad free!
Cheryl Malik is the recipe developer, writer, and photographer behind the healthy, flavorful, family friendly recipes at 40 Aprons. She’s been a blogger for 10+ years and is known for her delicious recipes and detailed recipe instructions. Cheryl is a mom of three who lives in Memphis, TN.