This recipe is sponsored by Sprouts Farmers Market, but all thoughts and opinions are my own.
This healthy, minty shake tastes so much like the famous Shamrock Shake! It’s creamy, cool, and sweet, but this St. Patrick’s Day treat is made with healthy ingredients that make it vegan and paleo.
Why This Shake is So Good
- This decadent recipe is like a rich, minty milkshake, but with real, healthy ingredients that make it good for you like a smoothie!
- This shake only takes a few steps and a few minutes to reach sweet, mint-flavored bliss.
- Dairy-free, vegan, paleo, and gluten-free, this healthy mint shake is easy to tailor to your dietary needs.
How To Make This Recipe
- Peel and pit the avocado.
- Other than the ice, add all the ingredients to the blender. Blend until a creamy consistency.
- Add the ice to the blender and blend until smooth.
- Serve in a glass topped with whipped cream and a cherry.
Top Tips For Making Healthy Mint Shake
- Make sure to use mint extract, not peppermint extract. It can be a little difficult to find, so you can use peppermint extract if you absolutely cannot locate any.
- Use non-dairy whipped cream (which you can find at Sprouts!) as a topping to keep the shake dairy-free, vegan, and paleo.
- If on a strict paleo diet, skip the maraschino cherry and use a real one instead.
- We used homemade sanding sugar to decorate the whipped cream, which is really easy to make. Start with adding 1/4 cup of granulated sugar to a plastic sandwich bag. Add food coloring a couple drops at a time to the sugar, and combine by massaging the outside of the bag. If your sugar gets too clumpy, you can add a little cornstarch to the bag and combine using the same method.
More Healthy Treats
- Vegan Red Velvet Cupcakes
- Samoas Cookies Ice Cream Recipe (Vegan, Paleo)
- Roasted Strawberry Buttermilk Ice Cream
- Mango Mojito Smoothie
- Paleo Cookie Dough Ice Cream (Vegan, Healthy)
- Vegan Pumpkin Pie
Hey – you’ve made it this far, and now we’re best friends! If you make this recipe, I’d love for you to give it a star rating ★ below. Make sure you follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook, too!
Healthy Mint Shake
This delicious, creamy shake is like your favorite fast food St. Patrick's Day treat, but is actually healthy!
Other than the ice, blend all ingredients together.
Add ice to blender, and blend everything until smooth.
Serve in a glass topped with whipped cream and a cherry.
- For dairy-free, vegan, and paleo: Use non-dairy whipped cream.
- For paleo: Use a real cherry instead of a maraschino cherry.