This vegan pumpkin pie is a holiday classic, rich, and spiced. This is the best vegan pumpkin pie, and it’s super easy to make, with only 5 ingredients! Perfect with whipped coconut cream at Thanksgiving or Christmas.
Why This Recipe Is So Good
- It’s so easy to make with just 5 ingredients!
- You can make it ahead of time for an easy dessert for your Thanksgiving meal.
- It’s rich and creamy and tastes just like a traditional pumpkin pie.
- You can use a homemade or store bought vegan pie crust.
- You can find sweetened condensed coconut milk at most stores like Sprouts and Whole Foods. If you can’t find it, see notes in the recipe card below for alternate ingredients.
- You can use this homemade vegan pie crust recipe, or buy a store-bought one like Pillsbury or Mrs. Smith’s pie crusts.
- If gluten-free, use this pie crust recipe.
Dairy-Free and Delicious
It really doesn’t take long to make this vegan pumpkin pie recipe, the crust is pretty straight forward and it won’t take more than 5 minutes to make the delicious filling. There are no eggs or dairy products in this pie, but it’s just as rich and creamy as a traditional recipe.
As well as being completely dairy-free and vegan, there is also no added refined sugar in this recipe. It’s also easy to make gluten-free by swapping the pie crust.
Can You Make This Recipe Ahead of Time?
You can make this pie a day ahead of time and keep it in the fridge, you can also make the pie dough up to 2 days ahead of time. It’s a great option for a Thanksgiving dessert to serve a crowd. I like serving it with a dollop of whipped coconut cream and a sprinkle of cinnamon.
- Add the water slowly to the pie dough until holds together.
- Let the pie dough sit for at least 30 minutes in the fridge before you roll it out.
- Bake the pie in a pre-heated oven for the best results.
- Let the pie cool for at least 3 hours before serving so that the filling sets.
For More Vegan Dessert Recipes
- Vegan Chocolate Truffles
- Vegan Nutella Recipe
- Turtle Bars (Vegan)
- Vegan Pumpkin Cheesecake
- The BEST Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Vegan Coffee Cake with Streusel Topping
- 9-inch round pie plate
- Large bowl
- Wire cooling rack
- Preheat oven to 400° Fahrenheit. Roll out pie crust and fit it into 9-inch round pie plate. Crimp edges and place in refrigerator to chill while oven preheats.
- In large bowl, whisk together pumpkin, condensed coconut milk, arrowroot powder, pumpkin pie spice, and salt, until well combined. Pour pie filling into pie crust shell.
- Place pie in preheated oven. Bake 15 minutes at 400° Fahrenheit, then reduce temperature to 350° Fahrenheit. Bake at 350°F for 30 to 40 minutes, or until knife inserted in center of pie comes out clean.
- Remove pie plate from oven and place on wire cooling rack. Let pie cool at room temperature for 3 to 4 hours, then serve or refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Pie Crust: I prefer to use a homemade vegan pie crust, following this recipe.
- Sweetened Condensed Coconut Milk: If you’re not able to find this at your store, substitute it with a combination of 1 cup coconut cream, ¼ cup pure maple syrup, ¼ cup brown sugar or coconut sugar, and 2 teaspoons vanilla extract.
- Optional: Top with coconut or dairy-free whipped cream before serving, if desired.
- Make it Added Sugar Free: Skip the sweetened condensed coconut milk and use the alternate ingredients above, using Brown Swerve or coconut sugar instead of brown sugar.
Number of total servings shown is approximate. Actual number of servings will depend on your preferred portion sizes.
Nutritional values shown are general guidelines and reflect information for 1 serving using the ingredients listed, not including any optional ingredients. Actual macros may vary slightly depending on specific brands and types of ingredients used.
To determine the weight of one serving, prepare the recipe as instructed. Weigh the finished recipe, then divide the weight of the finished recipe (not including the weight of the container the food is in) by the desired number of servings. Result will be the weight of one serving.