Corned beef leftovers are begging to be turned into these classic deli-style corned beef sandwiches. Made with just a few ingredients stacked between two slices of toasted rye bread – who knew a simple sandwich could taste SO good?
What Makes This Corned Beef Sandwich Recipe So Good
- Piles and piles of delicious savory meat. Seriously, do not skimp on the corned beef! It truly is the star of the show.
- There’s no easier meal, but this ain’t your average, boring ol’ sandwich. It’s a delicious, juicy corned beef sandwich with a curated selection of condiments that will blow your taste buds away!
- Gently toasted rye bread brings out that nutty rye flavor while adding a nice crunch to these sandwiches. This recipe takes not only taste, but also texture, into account – which to me is equally as important!
Key Ingredients for Corned Beef Sandwich
Rye Bread – Any type of rye bread works! My favorite is a rustic rye with a nice crispy crust – yum!
Russian Dressing – Consider this the “secret sauce”. A base of mayonnaise and ketchup with a bit of horseradish and other spices makes Russian dressing the perfect addition to this recipe.
Dill Pickle Relish – Adds to the brininess of the salt-cured corned beef! If you love pickles on your sandwiches, you’ll go crazy for dill pickle relish.
- Have fun with this recipe! Add more or less of any ingredient to totally customize it to your liking.
- Swiss cheese would make a great addition. Add a few slices, then toast your sandwich in a hot pan with butter for a few minutes per side or until the cheese has melted. Or, if you have a panini press, you can throw it in there for just a couple of minutes.
- Homemade corned beef makes the BEST corned beef sandwiches. I used this sous vide version in my sandwiches and oh man was it good! If you don’t feel like making your own, a thinly-sliced, store-bought corned beef would work great in this recipe as well.
Other Delicious Sandwich Recipes
Hey – you’ve made it this far, and now we’re best friends! If you make this recipe, I’d love for you to give it a star rating ★ below. Make sure you follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook, too!
Corned Beef Sandwich
- 4 slices rye bread
- ½ pound corned beef sliced
- ¼ cup Russian dressing
- 2 tablespoons dill pickle relish
- ¼ cup sauerkraut
- Lightly toast bread and spread 1 tablespoon of russian dressing on each slice.
- On half of the slices, spread 1 tablespoon each of dill pickle relish.
- Layer the relish halves with corned beef and sauerkraut before topping with the remaining slice of bread.
- Rye Bread – If you don’t like rye bread, use a whole grain or multigrain bread instead.
- Russian Dressing – For a Russian dressing substitute, use dijon mustard or 1000 Island dressing instead.