The Instant Pot makes the most tender shrimp EVER! This recipe couldn’t be easier or faster, and with garlic and butter, it truly makes the tastiest shrimp we’ve ever had.
What Makes This Recipe So Good
- Cooking flavorful, tender shrimp has never been this simple or this fast! With just 5 ingredients, this recipe is made in under 10 minutes!
- This recipe is perfectly delicious on its own, or is great added to other recipes. Try it on top of salad, inside po’boys, or with your favorite dipping sauces.
- This shrimp recipe is low carb and keto, so it’s perfect for making to snack on or as a delicious dinner if you’re watching your carb intake.
How To Make It
The full recipe & ingredients list are below, but here you’ll find a quick overview for making this recipe perfectly, along with useful tips and info!
Place the shrimp in a medium-sized ceramic bowl that fits inside the Instant Pot. Pour the chicken stock in the Instant Pot, then place trivet over, then add the bowl of shrimp on top.
Sprinkle the garlic over, then add the butter.
Seal and cook low pressure, then quick release. Carefully remove the bowl from the Instant Pot and toss the shrimp with salt.
- Don’t cook the shrimp with the salt! Adding the salt after cooking helps ensure the shrimp stays tender.
- Make sure not to overcrowd the shrimp in the Instant Pot, or they won’t cook evenly.
- Cocktail sauce is a delicious traditional dipping sauce, but also try this shrimp with spicy mayo, comeback sauce, peanut sauce, or tartar sauce.
- Pre-peeled and deveined shrimp is super convenient, but you can also buy shrimp with the shells still on to save a few bucks. To peel a shrimp, start underneath (where the legs are). You can leave the tail on for looks or remove it, up to you. To devein, make a shallow slice in the shrimp over the black vein. Remove the vein gently with your knife and discard.
More Instant Pot Recipes
- Instant Pot Cauliflower
- Instant Pot Carrots
- 50 Low Carb Instant Pot Recipes
- Instant Pot Turkey Chili
- Instant Pot Spaghetti Squash
- 45 Incredible Vegan Instant Pot Recipes
- Instant Pot Country Style Ribs
- Instant Pot Eggs
- Whole30 Instant Pot Chicken Tortilla-Less Soup (Paleo)
- Instant Pot Orange Chicken
- Instant Pot Jambalaya
- 1 pound shrimp
- 2 tablespoons butter cut into 4 equal pieces
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup chicken stock
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Instant Pot
- Place shrimp in a medium ceramic bowl that Instant Pot. Pour chicken stock in pot, place trivet over, then place bowl with shrimp on top. Sprinkle garlic over then add butter.
- Seal and cook 1 minute low pressure, then quick release. Very carefully remove bowl from Instant Pot and toss shrimp with salt.
- Salt: Be sure to add after cooking, not before. Shrimp will not be tender if cooked with salt.
- Cooking notes: Make sure not to overcrowd the shrimp.
- Sauce recommendations: Cocktail sauce, spicy mayo, comeback sauce, peanut sauce, or tartar sauce.
- How to peel shrimp: Start underneath (where the legs are). You can leave the tail on for looks or remove it, up to you. To devein, make a shallow slice in the shrimp over the black vein. Remove the vein gently with your knife and discard.
Number of total servings shown is approximate. Actual number of servings will depend on your preferred portion sizes.
Nutritional values shown are general guidelines and reflect information for 1 serving using the ingredients listed, not including any optional ingredients. Actual macros may vary slightly depending on specific brands and types of ingredients used.
To determine the weight of one serving, prepare the recipe as instructed. Weigh the finished recipe, then divide the weight of the finished recipe (not including the weight of the container the food is in) by the desired number of servings. Result will be the weight of one serving.