This paleo caramel apple microwave cake is indescribably good, with a moist cinnamon-spiced cake, tender green apples, and a 2-minute caramel sauce to top it all. I bet you’ll make this paleo caramel apple microwave cake all the time, since it only take a few minutes to stir together and two minutes in the microwave to cook! This paleo caramel apple microwave cake is the perfect paleo microwave dessert. I’m obsessed!
When the very first hint of fall descends upon us, when the humidity in there breaks for a breath, and when Hobby Lobby starts putting out their Valentine’s Day gear, the first thing on my mind is pumpkin all the things.
Because pumpkin, of course, represents everyone’s favorite season best of all, doesn’t it? It’s simply a flavor we don’t experience the rest of the year, giant orange squash we just don’t see in the grocery store year-round. Nope, it’s slight fall breeze, then pumpkin all the things. And when that’s out of the way? We can move on to my true fall favorite:
If you haven’t noticed, I’m a huge sucker for caramel to start with, as evidenced by my 5-minute paleo caramel sauce, my paleo iced caramel macchiato, my popular vegan salted caramel ice cream, my raw caramel apples, and my raw paleo salted caramel dip. Just, you know, for example.
So when this summer heat came back to slap us in the face, my stranglehold on fall needed a boost. I’d been working on a paleo caramel apple coffee cake lately, in love with the tender cake and slightly tart apples, smothered in a healthy and rich caramel frosting. And so, with dreams of this dish dancing in my head after dinner one night, I tried combining the idea behind the paleo caramel apple coffee cake with my paleo microwave cookie, my 5-minute paleo caramel sauce, and my 6-minute microwave caramel from years back.
And what does that boil down to? A tender and fluffy yet rich and moist cake dotted with a healthy helping of tart green apples, cooked in the microwave in 2 minutes flat alongside a dish of paleo caramel sauce that, yep, also comes together in 2 minutes flat.
Halloween trick already? Nope. It’s all treats here, sweets.
I’ve made this a couple times since out of sheer craving, something I don’t normally do these days. I’m always working on new recipes, leaving little time for recipes I’ve already developed and finished. It’s only the very best recipes that stay in our rotation! And this paleo caramel apple microwave cake is absolutely one of them.
This paleo caramel apple microwave cake only takes a few minutes to stir together, taking about 6-7 minutes from start to finish to create a seasonal treat that’s healthier and insanely delicious, with its moist cinnamon-spiked cake and rich caramel sauce to top. It’s an absolute must-try!
To make this paleo caramel apple microwave cake, I used…
Paleo Caramel Apple Microwave Cake
This paleo caramel apple microwave cake is indescribably good, with a moist cinnamon-spiced cake, tender green apples, and a 2-minute caramel sauce to top it all. I bet you'll make this paleo caramel apple microwave cake all the time, since it only take a few minutes to stir together and two minutes in the microwave to cook! This paleo caramel apple microwave cake is the perfect paleo microwave dessert. I'm obsessed!
- 1 tablespoon ghee or coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 3 drops vanilla extract
- 1 piece egg yolk
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- 2 scant tablespoons almond flour
- 1 tablespoon tapioca flour
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- 1 tablespoon full-fat coconut milk
- 1/2 piece green apple cored and chopped
- Combine all cake ingredients in a mug except for chopped apple. Stir until well-combined then stir in apple.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine salted caramel sauce ingredients and stir to combine.
- Place both mug and bowl in microwave and cook on full power 2 minutes, checking cake for doneness around 90 seconds. Cake is done when top appears set and springs back a bit when you touch the surface.
- When cake is done, remove from microwave and cook caramel another 1-1/2 minutes (a total of 3 minutes) or until bubbling, emulsified, and thickened. Carefully remove from microwave (bowl will be hot) and pour over apple cake. Let cool slightly then enjoy!
Let cool slightly then enjoy!