These Instant Pot country style ribs are perfectly tender and flavorful! A dry rub creates a nice crispy crust and barbecue sauce makes them juicy and delicious. The Instant Pot is the easiest and best way to cook country style ribs – who knew?!
What Make This Instant Pot Country Style Ribs Recipe So Good
- It’s the easiest country style rib recipe you’ll ever make. And I mean start-to-finish easy, including cleanup! The Instant Pot is all the equipment you’ll need – simply assemble, cook, then enjoy.
- The mix of spices used give it that traditional barbecue taste we all know and love. A dry rub is also great for packing on delicious flavor!
- It’s the perfect protein for an easy meal! Pair these Instant Pot country style ribs with veggies or a salad for a tasty low-carb dinner.
Key Ingredients for Instant Pot Country Style Ribs
Country Style Ribs – Look for ribs with lots of marbling! A well-marbled rib will turn seriously tender and flaky as it cooks.
Smoked Paprika – Exactly how it sounds, smoked paprika has a slightly smoky flavor versus regular paprika. I love using smoked paprika in this recipe to give it more of a traditional barbecue taste. Though if you don’t have smoked paprika, you can use regular paprika instead.
Beef Broth – The Instant Pot needs liquid to cook, and using beef broth specifically makes this dish all the more rich and flavorful. If you don’t have beef broth, you can substitute it for 1 cup of water instead.
- Pat the country style ribs dry with a paper towel before applying your spices. Drying the meat off will ensure more flavor sticks to the ribs while cooking.
- Use any barbecue sauce flavor you’d like! For instance, I used a Kansas City-style sauce this time and it was perfectly sweet and delicious.
- If you’re cooking with frozen meat, then simply cook for an additional 20 minutes in the Instant Pot. There’s no need to defrost your ribs before using them in this recipe.
Other Instant Pot Recipes You’ll Love
- Instant Pot Baby Back Ribs
- Instant Pot BBQ Chicken
- 20 Keto Instant Pot Recipes
- Instant Pot Pinto Beans
- Instant Pot Sausage and Peppers
- 50 Low Carb Instant Pot Recipes
- Instant Pot Orange Chicken
- Instant Pot Eggs
Hey – you’ve made it this far, and now we’re best friends! If you make this recipe, I’d love for you to give it a star rating ★ below. Make sure you follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook, too!
Instant Pot Country Style Ribs
- Small bowl
- Instant Pot
- Mix together the chili powder, brown sugar, smoked paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, cumin, black pepper, and salt in a small bowl.
- Massage the seasoning into both sides of the ribs.
- Add the beef broth, BBQ sauce and ribs to your Instant Pot. Set to manual, then high pressure for 45 minutes.
- Manually release steam, then remove ribs and serve with extra BBQ sauce.
- Make it Paleo: To make these ribs paleo, use coconut sugar instead of brown sugar and a paleo bbq sauce like this one.
- Smoked Paprika: You can use regular paprika is you don’t have smoked paprika.
- Beef Broth: If you’d like, you can use water instead of beef broth.
If you enjoyed this post, be sure to check out 40 Aprons Premium! 40 Aprons Premium offers exclusive recipes, monthly meal plans, grocery lists, and more – all completely ad free!
Hi! I’m Sam, a travel, food and fitness enthusiast from the New York metro area. I love creating new and inventive recipes, and my favorite part is sharing them with others. My love of food goes all the way back to my early childhood, I grew up cooking alongside my mom and Nonna – the two best cooks I know! When I’m not in the kitchen, I’m either planning my next vacation, spending time outdoors (preferably on a beach), or bingeing Netflix’s latest docu-series. My passion for eating and living well led me to create the blog and Instagram account, Sam Does Her Best, where I health-ify my favorite comfort foods. I’m a big believer that good-for-you food can still be exploding with flavor and (most importantly) easy to make. I’m thrilled to be here at 40 Aprons doing what I do best – creating, photographing, and sharing delicious recipes with you all!