These delicious shrimp are coated with spices and cooked to tender perfection in the air fryer. Served with an easy comeback sauce, these shrimp are jam-packed full of flavor but so quick to make. You’ll never want shrimp any other way!
Some links in this post may be affiliate links. Should you click through to that product and make a purchase, 40 Aprons will receive a small compensation, at no additional cost to you. Anything mentioned here is referred solely based on my experience and satisfaction with the company and/or product, and not because of any potential commission. I’ll identify any affiliate links when they appear within the post!
I’m going to be real. Just looking at this recipe makes me hungry. This deliciously seasoned shrimp is perfectly cooked in the air fryer and when paired with the creamy, spicy comeback sauce, it makes for the perfect easy lunch or dinner. It’s so simple to whip together, but it’s delicious enough to serve as an appetizer at a party.
What Makes This Air Fryer Shrimp with Comeback Sauce So Good
For the shrimp:
Garlic powder – Not as strong as fresh garlic, but sweeter, garlic powder adds a nice, garlicky flavor to the shrimp without being overpowering.
Paprika – Made from ground peppers, paprika adds a dash of peppery flavor to the shrimp. Depending on what paprika you use, the flavor can be mildly sweet, smoky, or have a little heat.
Olive oil – Olive oil helps keep the shrimp moist in the air fryer, and also adds a bit of peppery, olive flavor.
For the comeback sauce:
Mayo – Mayonnaise is a simple base for the sauce that makes it creamy without overpowering the other ingredients.
Ketchup – Adds a little sweetness and also helps give the sauce its color.
Hot sauce – Here comes the heat! We used Texas Pete in our comeback sauce, but you can use your favorite, depending on how spicy you like your hot sauce.
Horseradish – Spicy and peppery, horseradish doesn’t burn your mouth but is a sensation that opens up the sinuses.
Garlic powder & black pepper – Easy seasoning that adds just a little pop of flavor without taking away from the others.
How To Make Air Fryer Shrimp with Comeback Sauce
The full recipe & ingredients list are below, but here you’ll find a quick overview for making this recipe perfectly, along with useful tips and info!
Preheat the air fryer for 5 minutes at 400º F.
While the air fryer is heating, combine all the shrimp ingredients in a bowl and toss to get the shrimp fully coated.
Add the shrimp to the air fryer basket and cook 6-7 minutes until they’re pink and no longer opaque. Remove them immediately.
Make the sauce by combining all the ingredients. Serve on the side.
Top Tips For Making
- Your shrimp may cook differently based on your air fryer and the size of the shrimp. My shrimp were size 15-17 and took 7 minutes.
- I like to preheat the air fryer because the shrimp immediately start cooking at high heat when they hit the basket. If your air fryer heats up quickly, you may not need to preheat.
- If you don’t have an air fryer, you can cook your shrimp on the stove in a skillet. Heat a little oil in a large skillet until it’s shimmering. Add the shrimp and cook it about 1-2 minutes on one side until it’s pink and no longer opaque. Flip with a pair of tongs and cook the other side.
More Delicious Shrimp Recipes
- Creamy Shrimp Salad
- Shrimp Ceviche
- Bacon Wrapped Shrimp
- Garlic Butter Shrimp
- Tuscan Shrimp (Whole30, Paleo)
- Air Fryer Coconut Shrimp (Gluten Free)
- Cajun Shrimp
- Blackened Shrimp with Remoulade Sauce
Hey – you’ve made it this far, and now we’re best friends! If you make this recipe, I’d love for you to give it a star rating ★ below. Make sure you follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook, too!
Air Fryer Shrimp with Comeback Sauce
- Air fryer
For the Shrimp
- Preheat the air fryer for 5 minutes at 400º F. While the air fryer is heating, combine all the shrimp ingredients in a bowl and toss to get the shrimp fully coated.
- Add the shrimp to the air fryer basket and cook 6-7 minutes until they're pink and no longer opaque. Remove them immediately.
- Make the sauce: Combine . Serve on the side.
- Cooking notes: Your shrimp may cook differently based on your air fryer and the size of the shrimp. My shrimp were size 15-17 and took 7 minutes.
- Preheating: Shrimp will immediately start cooking when hitting high heat in air fryer. If your air fryer heats up quickly, you may not need to preheat.
If you enjoyed this recipe, be sure to check out 40 Aprons Premium! 40 Aprons Premium offers exclusive recipes, monthly meal plans, grocery lists, and more – all completely ad free!
Cheryl Malik is the recipe developer, writer, and photographer behind the healthy, flavorful, family friendly recipes at 40 Aprons. She’s been a blogger for 10+ years and is known for her delicious recipes and detailed recipe instructions. Cheryl is a mom of three who lives in Memphis, TN.