Instant Pot Jambalaya
This Instant Pot jambalaya is an easier take on a classic Cajun recipe! It has all the components of this flavor-packed comfort meal, yet comes together in a fraction of the time. This Instant Pot jambalaya is the perfect quick and simple recipe to throw together for family and friends!
What Makes This Recipe So Good
- It’s exploding with delicious spice and flavor! If you’re ever looking for a flavor-packed meal – this is it. Two heaping tablespoons of Cajun seasoning give this Instant Pot jambalaya an insane amount of delicious flavor!
- It comes together in just one pot! The Instant Pot not only reduces the cook time by about half, but it makes cleanup a breeze. This is one of my favorite recipes to throw together for friends and family. It yields a mouthwatering meal with very little work!
- It’s virtually foolproof! This Instant Pot jambalaya recipe is outlined with a few very simple steps that truly anyone can follow. With very little room for error, you’ll have a perfectly cooked and irresistible jambalaya every time you make it!
- Don’t overthink this super simple Instant Pot jambalaya recipe! It really is as easy as outlined in the recipe below. Move from one step right into the other, using the exact same pot – not adding or removing any elements.
- You can easily double this recipe if you’d like! Like I said before, I love throwing this jambalaya recipe together for a crowd. And when I do, I double the amount of each ingredient while sticking to the exact same cooking times in the recipe.
- Remember to stir everything together in the last step – right after you add the shrimp, chicken, and sausage! The goal here is to ensure everything is evenly distributed throughout your Instant Pot jambalaya. If you forget to stir before placing the lid back on, you risk overcooking the rice which will sit at the bottom of the pot.
More Instant Pot Recipes You’ll Love
- Instant Pot Shrimp
- The Best EVER Instant Pot Black Eyed Peas
- Instant Pot Dal
- 50 Low Carb Instant Pot Recipes
- Instant Pot Eggs
- Instant Pot Carne Asada
- Dreamy Instant Pot Chicken and Rice
- Instant Pot Chicken Wings
- Instant Pot Chicken Legs
- The Best Instant Pot Chicken Tikka Masala
- Instant Pot Applesauce
- Instant Pot Jasmine Rice (Under 10 Minutes)
Instant Pot Jambalaya
- 3 tablespoons neutral oil divided
- 1 pound andouille sausage sliced into ½"-thick pieces
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts uncooked, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 medium green bell pepper chopped
- 1 medium red bell pepper chopped
- 2 stalks celery chopped
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons Cajun seasoning
- 1 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper see Notes
- 1 ½ cups long-grain white rice uncooked
- 1 14.5-ounce can fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 pound raw shrimp peeled, deveined
- Instant Pot
- Large wooden spoon
- bowl or plate
- Set Instant Pot to Sauté and add 1 tablespoon neutral oil to pot. Carefully swirl Instant Pot to coat bottom with oil then let pot heat up.
- Once oil is hot and shimmering, add andouille sausage slices to pot. Cook 3 minutes, then carefully flip sausage rounds over and cook another 3 minutes or until sausage rounds are golden brown on all sides. Transfer sausage pieces to bowl or plate and set aside.
- Add 1 tablespoon oil to Instant Pot. When oil is hot, add chicken pieces and cook chicken 2 to 3 minutes. Carefully flip chicken pieces over and cook 2 to 3 minutes more or until chicken is browned on all sides. Transfer chicken to bowl or plate and set aside.
- Add remaining 2 tablespoon of neutral oil to Instant Pot, when oil is hot, add chopped onion, bell peppers, celery, and garlic. Sauté veggies, stirring occasionally, until onion is translucent – approximately 3 minutes.
- When onions are translucent, stir in Cajun seasoning, black pepper, salt, cayenne pepper, and uncooked rice. Stir 1 minute or so, until rice is fully coated with spices.
- Press Cancel button to turn off heat, then stir in diced tomatoes and chicken broth.
- Once ingredients are combined, secure lid on Instant Pot with valve in sealing position. Set to Manual High Pressure for 8 minutes. Once Instant Pot pressurizes, cook time will begin.
- When 8-minute cook time ends, immediately Quick Release steam and carefully remove lid. Add shrimp, sausage, and chicken to Instant Pot and stir to incorporate proteins into rice mixture.
- Secure lid on Instant Pot and let Instant Pot sit 5 to 10 minutes, until residual heat has cooked shrimp fully. Once shrimp is cooked through, portion jambalaya into serving bowls and serve immediately.
- Cayenne Pepper: Omit for a more mild jambalaya.
- Make it Low Carb: Use 2 ½ cups of cauliflower rice instead of long-grain white rice. If you make this substitution, you’ll want to reduce the cook time to 1 minute instead of 8 minutes.
Number of total servings shown is approximate. Actual number of servings will depend on your preferred portion sizes.
Nutritional values shown are general guidelines and reflect information for 1 serving using the ingredients listed, not including any optional ingredients. Actual macros may vary slightly depending on specific brands and types of ingredients used.
To determine the weight of one serving, prepare the recipe as instructed. Weigh the finished recipe, then divide the weight of the finished recipe (not including the weight of the container the food is in) by the desired number of servings. Result will be the weight of one serving.
Leave a Comment