This Instant Pot turkey chili is about to become your new favorite chili ever! Healthy, filling, and flavorful with just a hint of heat without being too spicy, the Instant Pot lets it simmer for a rich flavor with no hovering over the stovetop. Easy to make and perfect for fall, tailgating, and parties.
This thick, wholesome turkey chili is so easy to make and absolutely delicious! With pantry staples, fresh veggies, healthy ground turkey, and a little spice from a jalapeño, this chili will become one of your family’s absolute favorite meals. I love this chili because it’s so easy to make in the Instant Pot, yet it tastes like it’s been simmering on the stove all day. It’s also great for meal prep or batch cooking. Load it up with your favorite garnishes, and this chili is the ultimate dinner.
What Makes This Recipe So Good
Ground turkey – Lean ground turkey helps give this chili plenty of meaty bulk, but also keeps it healthier.
Fire-roasted diced tomatoes – Adds a smoky flavor to the chili that takes it to the next level.
Red kidney beans – A great pantry staple that gives this chili flavor and fiber, helping to make it a full meal.
Jalapeño – Just a little heat from a seeded jalapeño pepper combines perfectly with the tomato-y sauce, seasoned turkey, and other rich flavors.
How To Make Turkey Chili in the Instant Pot
The full recipe & ingredients list are below, but here you’ll find a quick overview for making this recipe perfectly, along with useful tips and info!
On Sauté mode, heat up some oil. Add the turkey and brown, breaking it up with your spoon or spatula.
Add the vegetables and seasoning to the Instant Pot. Sauté until softened. Stir in the tomato paste and cook for a minute until it’s well combined.
Pour in the the drained beans and chicken stock and stir.
Pour the diced tomatoes in the Instant Pot, but don’t stir them. Add bay leaves. Secure the lid and cook on high manual pressure, then naturally release.
Ladle the chili into serving bowls and top with whatever garnishes you like!
Top Tips For Making
- Love this recipe but don’t have an Instant Pot? Check out the slow cooker version!
- If you like even more heat in your chili, leave the seeds in your jalapeño, or even add more than one.
- Chili not thick enough to your liking? Add a little more tomato paste.
- This recipe is absolutely perfect for making ahead of time and freezing. Choose a plastic bag (or bags) made especially for the freezer and keep frozen as long as 2-4 months!
More Delicious Instant Pot Recipes
- Instant Pot Corn on the Cob with Honey Butter
- Instant Pot Red Beans and Rice
- Instant Pot Carnitas
- Dreamy Instant Pot Chicken and Rice
- Instant Pot Refried Beans
- The Best Instant Pot Chicken Tikka Masala
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil or other neutral oil
- 2 pounds ground turkey
- 2 cups onion chopped
- 2 tablespoons garlic minced
- 1 red bell pepper large, cored, deveined, and chopped
- 1 cup celery chopped
- 1 jalapeño cored, deveined, and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- ½ tablespoon dried oregano
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 4 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 14-ounce cans fire-roasted diced tomatoes or 1 28-ounce can
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt and pepper to taste
- 2 15-ounce cans red kidney beans light or dark, drained
- cheddar cheese shredded
- green onions sliced
- yellow onions chopped
- avocado diced
- jalapeño slices fresh or pickled
- sour cream or yogurt
- Instant Pot or pressure cooker
- On Sauté mode, heat 1 tablespoon oil in the Instant Pot. Add turkey and brown, breaking up with a spoon or spatula.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil . Add onions, garlic, pepper, oregano, celery, jalapeño, chili powder, and cumin. Sauté 3-5 minutes until softened. Stir in tomato paste and cook for 1 minute or until well combined. Pour in drained beans and chicken stock and stir.
- Pour in diced tomatoes; do not stir. Add the bay leaves. Secure lid and cook 14 minutes high manual pressure then naturally release. Ladle into serving bowls and top with desired garnishes.
- No Instant Pot: See the slow cooker version
- Flavor variation: Leave the seeds in your jalapeño, or even add more than one.
- Thicker chili: Add a little more tomato paste.
- How to freeze this recipe: Choose a plastic bag (or bags) made especially for the freezer and keep frozen as long as 2-4 months.
Number of total servings shown is approximate. Actual number of servings will depend on your preferred portion sizes.
Nutritional values shown are general guidelines and reflect information for 1 serving using the ingredients listed, not including any optional ingredients. Actual macros may vary slightly depending on specific brands and types of ingredients used.
To determine the weight of one serving, prepare the recipe as instructed. Weigh the finished recipe, then divide the weight of the finished recipe (not including the weight of the container the food is in) by the desired number of servings. Result will be the weight of one serving.