This chickpea salad is light, tangy, and super refreshing! Chickpeas, fresh vegetables, and a homemade dressing are tossed together in under 10 minutes. Prep this easy, yet delicious Mediterranean-style chickpea salad ahead of a busy week for a quick and satisfying lunch!
What Makes This Chickpea Salad So Good
- It’ll keep you full without feeling weighed down! Protein-packed chickpeas will keep you full until your next meal, while fresh herbs and vegetables keep things light. I especially love this meal served cold in the summertime – so tasty and refreshing!
- Everything gets tossed together in under 10 minutes! There’s really no excuse for eating something healthy for lunch when this chickpea salad is SO easy to make.
- The flavors only get better with time, making it the perfect recipe to include in your next meal prep. Throw together a double batch before your next busy week for a quick and nutritious grab-and-go lunch all week long!
Key Ingredients for Chickpea Salad
Canned Chickpeas – I highly recommend keeping a can or two of chickpeas in your pantry at all times for an easy and convenient protein. Canned chickpeas take all the work out of having to soak and cook dried chickpeas for this recipe. Simply crack open the can, then drain out the liquid and give them a quick rinse under cold water.
Feta – Feta cheese adds the perfect savory bite to this Mediterranean-style chickpea salad recipe. Additionally, you can top this finished recipe with an extra sprinkling of feta cheese if you’d like. However, if you’d like to make this vegan, then simply leave the feta out – it will still taste delicious!
- Let the chickpea salad chill in the fridge for about 30 minutes before serving. Leaving it to chill will allow the flavors time to develop making it that much more delicious!
- Feel free to add any other herbs or veggies you’d like! Fresh chopped parsley or even a handful of your favorite olives would make great additions to this irresistible dish.
- You can totally swap out the chickpeas in this salad for whatever bean you’d like – cannellini, kidney, or lima beans would all make great substitutions! Therefore, use whichever you have on-hand, or whichever you like best.
More Delicious Salad Recipes
- Avocado Salad
- Nicoise Salad
- Spinach Salad with Hot Bacon Dressing
- 7 Layer Salad
- Cucumber Tomato Salad
- Simple Asian Cucumber Salad
- Crisp Apple Salad with Raisins and Pecans
- Cauliflower Potato Salad
- Amazing Creamy Grape Salad with Pecans
- The Best Spinach Salad with Apples, Cranberries, and Maple Vinaigrette
For the Salad
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas
- ½ red onion chopped
- 1 English cucumber chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 small green bell pepper chopped
- ½ cup crumbled feta optional
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil
- Large bowl
- Small bowl
- Add the ingredients for the salad into a large bowl. Toss to combine.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the ingredients for the dressing.
- Pour dressing onto salad and toss to combine.
- Make it Vegan: Omit the feta cheese to make this recipe vegan!
- Lemon Juice: If you don’t have lemon juice, you can use an extra teaspoon of red wine vinegar instead.
Number of total servings shown is approximate. Actual number of servings will depend on your preferred portion sizes.
Nutritional values shown are general guidelines and reflect information for 1 serving using the ingredients listed, not including any optional ingredients. Actual macros may vary slightly depending on specific brands and types of ingredients used.
To determine the weight of one serving, prepare the recipe as instructed. Weigh the finished recipe, then divide the weight of the finished recipe (not including the weight of the container the food is in) by the desired number of servings. Result will be the weight of one serving.