This avocado salad is a guacamole lover’s dream! Avocado, tomatoes, and onion are tossed together with cilantro and lime juice for a delicious summery side dish that only takes 5 minutes to make. Add cucumber for extra crunch! Perfect with Mexican or Latin food.
What Makes This Recipe So Good
Avocados – Buttery smooth with a mellow flavor, avocados are perfect as the base for this flavorful salad.
Red onion – Crispy, crunchy, and lightly sweet, red onion is still astringent and gives a nice tang to go with the mellow avocado and sweet tomatoes.
Cherry tomatoes – Juicy and bright, cherry tomatoes have a bit more concentrated flavor than their larger cousins.
Lime juice – A splash of citrus not only gives a pop of flavor but also helps the avocado from turning brown immediately.
Cilantro – The leaves of the coriander plant, cilantro is lightly citrus-flavored and is the perfect herb for enhancing the vegetables of this salad.
Cucumber – Optional, but we love the extra crunch and light sweetness cucumber adds.
How To Make Avocado Salad
The full recipe is below, but here you’ll find all the steps for making this recipe perfectly the first and 100th time, along with useful tips and info!
Stir all the ingredients together.
Serve right away.
Top Tips For Making
- The lime juice keeps the avocado from browning right away, but you still want to serve this salad immediately after making it!
- If you aren’t a fan of cucumbers, but still want an extra crunch, try an English cucumber. They’re a longer, sweeter variety with a less bitter skin.
- Want to go a little crazy? Crumble up some tortilla chips on top of your salad. You’re welcome!
See also: How Much Juice is in One Lime?
Other Easy Veggie Dishes
Hey – you’ve made it this far, and now we’re best friends! If you make this recipe, I’d love for you to give it a star rating ★ below. Make sure you follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook, too!
This fresh and easy salad is the perfect side for Mexican and Latin dishes, barbecues, and perfect for throwing together for weeknights.
- 2 avocados peeled, seeded, and diced
- 1/2 red onion chopped
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 lime juice of
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 1/2 cucumber peeled and diced, optional
Stir all the ingredient together. Serve immediately.
- Serving: Lime juice will keep avocados from browning immediately, but serve right away.
- Cucumber variation: Try an English cucumber if you dislike the bitterness of traditional cucumbers.
I recommend buying wine from Scout and Cellar, especially for lower carb or sugar and the health conscious. There’s no added sugar to these wines, and they’re all much lower in carbs, calories, and sugar. For me, there’s no headache or fogginess the next day!
Depending on what you’re serving with your avocado salad, you can either pick a light, fresh wine or a nice red, like:
– Malbec like 2017 Solar del Alma Malbec from Mendoza, Argentina
– Pinot Noir like 2018 Adelante Pinot Noir from Casablanca Valley, Chile
– Sauvignon Blanc like 2019 Adelante Sauvignon Blanc from Chile