This avocado salad is a guacamole lover’s dream! Avocado, tomatoes, and onion are tossed together with cilantro and lime juice for a delicious summery side dish that only takes 5 minutes to make. Add cucumber for extra crunch! Perfect with Mexican or Latin food.
What Makes This Recipe So Good
Avocados – Buttery smooth with a mellow flavor, avocados are perfect as the base for this flavorful salad.
Red onion – Crispy, crunchy, and lightly sweet, red onion is still astringent and gives a nice tang to go with the mellow avocado and sweet tomatoes.
Cherry tomatoes – Juicy and bright, cherry tomatoes have a bit more concentrated flavor than their larger cousins.
Lime juice – A splash of citrus not only gives a pop of flavor but also helps the avocado from turning brown immediately.
Cilantro – The leaves of the coriander plant, cilantro is lightly citrus-flavored and is the perfect herb for enhancing the vegetables of this salad.
Cucumber – Optional, but we love the extra crunch and light sweetness cucumber adds.
How To Make It
The full recipe & ingredients list are below, but here you’ll find a quick overview for making this recipe perfectly, along with useful tips and info!
Stir all the ingredients together.
Serve right away.
- The lime juice keeps the avocado from browning right away, but you still want to serve this salad immediately after making it!
- If you aren’t a fan of cucumbers, but still want an extra crunch, try an English cucumber. They’re a longer, sweeter variety with a less bitter skin.
- Want to go a little crazy? Crumble up some tortilla chips on top of your salad. You’re welcome!
See also: How Much Juice is in One Lime?
Other Easy Veggie Dishes
- Sauteed Zucchini
- Asparagus Salad
- Cucumber Tomato Salad
- How To Boil Corn
- Air Fryer Asparagus
- Perfect Pea Salad
- Easy Air Fryer Avocado
- 2 avocados peeled, seeded, and diced
- ½ red onion chopped
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes halved
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup cilantro
- ½ cucumber peeled and diced, optional
- Stir all the ingredient together. Serve immediately.
- Serving: Lime juice will keep avocados from browning immediately, but serve right away.
- Cucumber variation: Try an English cucumber if you dislike the bitterness of traditional cucumbers.
Number of total servings shown is approximate. Actual number of servings will depend on your preferred portion sizes.
Nutritional values shown are general guidelines and reflect information for 1 serving using the ingredients listed, not including any optional ingredients. Actual macros may vary slightly depending on specific brands and types of ingredients used.
To determine the weight of one serving, prepare the recipe as instructed. Weigh the finished recipe, then divide the weight of the finished recipe (not including the weight of the container the food is in) by the desired number of servings. Result will be the weight of one serving.