This avocado salad is a guacamole lover’s dream! Avocado, tomatoes, and onion are tossed together with cilantro and lime juice for a delicious summery side dish that only takes 5 minutes to make. Add cucumber for extra crunch! Perfect with Mexican or Latin food.
What Makes This Recipe So Good
Avocados – Buttery smooth with a mellow flavor, avocados are perfect as the base for this flavorful salad.
Red onion – Crispy, crunchy, and lightly sweet, red onion is still astringent and gives a nice tang to go with the mellow avocado and sweet tomatoes.
Cherry tomatoes – Juicy and bright, cherry tomatoes have a bit more concentrated flavor than their larger cousins.
Lime juice – A splash of citrus not only gives a pop of flavor but also helps the avocado from turning brown immediately.
Cilantro – The leaves of the coriander plant, cilantro is lightly citrus-flavored and is the perfect herb for enhancing the vegetables of this salad.
Cucumber – Optional, but we love the extra crunch and light sweetness cucumber adds.
How To Make Avocado Salad
The full recipe & ingredients list are below, but here you’ll find a quick overview for making this recipe perfectly, along with useful tips and info!
Stir all the ingredients together.
Serve right away.
Top Tips For Making
- The lime juice keeps the avocado from browning right away, but you still want to serve this salad immediately after making it!
- If you aren’t a fan of cucumbers, but still want an extra crunch, try an English cucumber. They’re a longer, sweeter variety with a less bitter skin.
- Want to go a little crazy? Crumble up some tortilla chips on top of your salad. You’re welcome!
See also: How Much Juice is in One Lime?
Other Easy Veggie Dishes
- Sauteed Zucchini
- Asparagus Salad
- Cucumber Tomato Salad
- How To Boil Corn
- Air Fryer Asparagus
- Perfect Pea Salad
Hey – you’ve made it this far, and now we’re best friends! If you make this recipe, I’d love for you to give it a star rating ★ below. Make sure you follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook, too!
- 2 avocados peeled, seeded, and diced
- ½ red onion chopped
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes halved
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup cilantro
- ½ cucumber peeled and diced, optional
- Stir all the ingredient together. Serve immediately.
- Serving: Lime juice will keep avocados from browning immediately, but serve right away.
- Cucumber variation: Try an English cucumber if you dislike the bitterness of traditional cucumbers.
Depending on what you’re serving with your avocado salad, you can either pick a light, fresh wine or a nice red, like: – Malbec like 2017 Solar del Alma Malbec from Mendoza, Argentina
– Pinot Noir like 2018 Adelante Pinot Noir from Casablanca Valley, Chile
– Sauvignon Blanc like 2019 Adelante Sauvignon Blanc from Chile