Creamy, crunchy, lightly sweet coleslaw that’s totally keto-friendly! With only 1g net carb per serving, this is the perfect low carb side dish for BBQ, grilling out, or any Southern or summer flavor!
We absolutely love this recipe because the coleslaw is so good, you can serve it in place of a traditional coleslaw, and no one will know the difference! Sweet, yet tangy, this slaw is perfect as a side, with BBQ like pulled pork or ribs, or even pulled jackfruit. Here in Memphis, we traditionally eat our BBQ pulled pork with a heaping spoonful of coleslaw in our sandwiches. If you’re on a keto or low carb diet, try it with keto hamburger buns or in a lettuce wrap. It’s so perfectly summer!
What Make This Recipe So Good
Coleslaw mix – No need to chop vegetables with this easy recipe! Just a bag of traditional coleslaw mix with cabbage and carrots is the perfect base for your keto coleslaw.
Mayo – A good quality, creamy mayo like Hellmann’s, Sprout’s Organic, or Duke’s gives the coleslaw its creaminess and rich flavor.
Swerve or keto sweetener – Using Swerve or a keto sweetener like erythritol is what make this coleslaw keto without taking away any of the sweetness.
Vinegar – Acetic and tangy, vinegar makes the coleslaw bright and fresh.
Lemon juice – Another tangy component to the coleslaw that adds just a splash of citrus.
Dry mustard – Aromatic with some heat, dry mustard is also an emulsifier that helps hold the mayo and other ingredients together, as well as adding the coleslaw’s tang.
Salt & pepper – Just a little simple seasoning to finish the whole thing off.
How To Make It
The full recipe & ingredients list are below, but here you’ll find a quick overview for making this recipe perfectly, along with useful tips and info!
Whisk together all the ingredients except the coleslaw mix until smooth and creamy.
Add the coleslaw and stir until it’s fully coated.
- Plan to make your coleslaw about an hour before serving it so that it can chill in the fridge for awhile first. While it tastes just fine not chilled, giving it a little bit to let the cabbage soak in everything does enhance the flavor.
- Your coleslaw will keep in the fridge 3-5 days in an airtight container. We definitely recommend eating it within a day or two if you can!
More Perfect Summer Recipes
- Air Fryer Hot Dogs
- Instant Pot Potato Salad
- Air Fryer Zucchini Chips
- 3-Ingredient Watermelon Margarita Recipe
- Blueberry Smoothie
- Southwestern Egg Roll in a Bowl
- Whisk mayonnaise, sugar, lemon juice, vinegar, pepper, and salt together in a bowl until smooth and creamy.
- Add the mayo mixture coleslaw mix and stir until coleslaw is fully coated.
- Preparation: Chill 1 hour prior to serving.
- Storage: Keeps in fridge in airtight container 3-5 days.
Number of total servings shown is approximate. Actual number of servings will depend on your preferred portion sizes.
Nutritional values shown are general guidelines and reflect information for 1 serving using the ingredients listed, not including any optional ingredients. Actual macros may vary slightly depending on specific brands and types of ingredients used.
To determine the weight of one serving, prepare the recipe as instructed. Weigh the finished recipe, then divide the weight of the finished recipe (not including the weight of the container the food is in) by the desired number of servings. Result will be the weight of one serving.