This tarragon chicken salad recipe is just so elegant and full of flavor. Slivered almonds add the perfect crunch and fresh tarragon gives this super quick and easy chicken salad recipe a springy, fancy feel. Perfect for a baby shower or bridal shower served in lettuce cups or on croissants, and it’s great for meal prep, too. Naturally Whole30, paleo, low carb, and keto-friendly.
I am so obsessed with this tarragon chicken salad with almonds.
Thankfully, it’s super quick and easy, and it’s pretty darn healthy, too! It could be worse… I’m looking at you, paleo brownies, paleo chocolate cupcakes, and healthy cookie dough. They might have “paleo” or “healthy” in the title, but when you eat 4 servings of them, well…
And, as elegant and gourmet as this tarragon chicken salad is, the truth is that our obsession with is started with the deli tarragon chicken salad found at Publix!
Since we don’t actually have Publix where we live, we make a stock-up trip to the store a part of our beach ritual. We load up on easy lunches to munch on the sand, and this tarragon chicken salad with almonds is always, always our go-to.
But even though we aren’t near a Publix the rest of the year, we can absolutely have creamy, elegant tarragon chicken salad any time now, thanks to this quick and easy recipe.
What Makes This Tarragon Chicken Salad with Almonds So Good
- It’s crazy quick and easy. Chop some tarragon, stir together the ingredients, and you’re set!
- This recipe is amazing for baby and bridal showers, wonderful serves on croissants, in lettuce or serving plastic cups, or on salad greens.
- The tarragon adds such a gorgeous, fresh flavor that you aren’t used to with chicken salad but that is so good.
- The sliced almonds provide the perfect crunch, ramping up the deliciousness of this recipe with the perfect texture!
- This recipe is naturally Whole30, paleo, low carb, and keto-friendly.
How to Make This Chicken Salad
It’s almost too simple to need an explanation! Here it goes:
Mix all ingredients in a large bowl and stir to combine well.
Keep in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-5 days.
How long will this tarragon chicken salad last?
I’d keep this chicken salad in an airtight container in the fridge at least 3-4 days, likely up to 5.
Ways to Serve This Chicken Salad
Need ideas for ways to serve this Publix inspired chicken salad at a shower? Try:
- In lettuce cups (Very low carb/keto!)
- In super cute wonton cups
- On apple slices
- On sliced croissants
- With water crackers
- With bread
- On lettuce as salad
Whole30 / Paleo Version
There are no modifications needed to make this recipe Whole30 compliant, but make sure you use Whole30 mayonnaise! I have a great recipe for a foolproof, Whole30-compliant immersion blender mayonnaise. Try it out!
Other Recipes You’ll Love:
- Herb Roasted Sweet Potato Salad
- Panera Fuji Apple Salad with Chicken
- Whole30 Steak with Bearnaise Sauce
Hey – you’ve made it this far, and now we’re best friends! If you make this recipe, I’d love for you to give it a star rating ★ below. Make sure you follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook, too!
Tarragon Chicken Salad with Almonds
An absolutely delicious chicken salad with fresh tarragon and crunchy sliced almonds. Perfect for lunches, bridal and baby showers, or potlucks, this recipe is quick, easy, Whole30 compliant, paleo, and low carb, too.
- 6-7 cups cooked chicken breasts diced (from about 4 large chicken breasts, weighing about 3-3 1/2 pounds), see Note 1
- 1 1/2 - 2 cups mayonnaise see Note 2
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup sliced almonds see Note 3
- 1 1/2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 6 tablespoons fresh tarragon leaves minced, see Note 4
Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Stir well. Keep in an airtight container until ready to serve. Chicken salad will last in the fridge at least 3-4 days.
Keep in an airtight container in the fridge 5-6 days.
To bake chicken breasts, place chicken in a baking dish and bake at 350º F for about 30 minutes, or until internal temperature reaches 160º F. Let rest before dicing.
If on Whole30 or paleo, use Whole30-compliant mayonnaise, like my One Minute Whole30 Mayonnaise.
I prefer sliced almonds over slivered, as sliced add the perfect, light crunch. They're thinner than slivered almonds and blend into the texture of the tarragon chicken salad perfectly. I get them from the bulk section at my grocery store.
To use dried tarragon leaves, start with 1 tablespoon and add more, 1 teaspoon at a time, until desired taste is reaches. You will use about 1 1/2 tablespoons dried tarragon or so. Flavor will increase in intensity over time with dried tarragon.