Easy Golden Milk
Golden milk is a delicious healing drink made with anti-inflammatory turmeric and other warming spices. Perfect before bed or anytime you want a healthy drink that’s caffeine-free. Vegan and paleo. The warm version of my popular Iced Golden Milk!
Golden milk is one of the best beverages in my healthy drinks arsenal. It’s warming and calming, a classic Ayurvedic drink that’s healing for all body types. This warm golden milk is based on my popular Iced Golden Milk recipe, perfect for fall, winter, and right before bedtime!
Why This Recipe Is So Good
- It’s so easy to make and it’s ready in less than 10 minutes.
- It’s really delicious and flavorful!
- It’s calming, soothing, and great for sleep.
- It’s full of anti-inflammatories, which can help boost your immune system.
- It’s vegan, paleo, and caffeine free.
What is in Golden Milk?
This drink is made with a non-dairy milk that is mixed with a blend of spices:
- ground turmeric
- ground ginger
- ground cinnamon
- vanilla extract
- ground cardamom
- ground black pepper
- Maple syrup
This results in a flavorful warm drink, that is not only good for you but super tasty too!
What Are The Origins of Golden Milk?
This holistic drink was created in India thousands of years ago. In Ayurveda, there’s something that’s recommended for all body types (or doshas): golden milk. It’s soothing and healing for all. It supports the body’s natural response to inflammation.
Is This Drink Good For You?
Golden milk comes with so many health benefits, it’s a great drink to include in your diet and daily routine! Golden milk can…
- builds immunity
- supports the liver
- helps treat colds and coughs
- supports digestion
- purifies the blood
- supports your treatment of autoimmune disease
Is Golden Milk Good For Sleep?
Golden milk is a great drink to have before bedtime. The turmeric eases your digestive system and detoxifies the liver, which helps you get to sleep quicker. You will sleep better and wake feeling refreshed. If you have trouble shutting off and sleeping at night, I highly recommend you try a mug of this before bedtime.
Variations Of This Recipe
The spices used in this drink all play their part so it is highly recommended you don’t leave any of them out. The black pepper is especially important as this activates the curcumin in the turmeric which releases those anti-inflammatories.
You can use your favorite non-dairy milk for this recipe. We like to use 1 cup light coconut milk from a can, along with 2 cups almond milk for a really rich and creamy texture that isn’t overwhelming. You can use any combination of milks here, but be careful of using too much ‘canned’ coconut milk or it will be very thick!
- Use any kind of milk you prefer, like almond, macadamia, coconut, or regular milk, too.
- You can substitute 2 cinnamon sticks for the ground cinnamon if you prefer a smoother golden milk.
- For the most beneficial drink, do not skip any of the ingredients.
More Healthy Drinks
Easy Golden Milk
- 3 cups non-dairy milk like almond, coconut, or macadamia. See Note
- 2-3 teaspoons ground turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Pinch ground cardamom optional but recommended
- Pinch ground black pepper
- 4-5 teaspoons Maple syrup
- Add all of the ingredients to a saucepan and gently heat. Whisk until everything is combined. Serve immediately.
Number of total servings shown is approximate. Actual number of servings will depend on your preferred portion sizes.
Nutritional values shown are general guidelines and reflect information for 1 serving using the ingredients listed, not including any optional ingredients. Actual macros may vary slightly depending on specific brands and types of ingredients used.
To determine the weight of one serving, prepare the recipe as instructed. Weigh the finished recipe, then divide the weight of the finished recipe (not including the weight of the container the food is in) by the desired number of servings. Result will be the weight of one serving.
Leave a Comment