No flag on this play – these buffalo chicken sliders are perfect for tailgates, game day gatherings, or enjoying all on your own. They’re easy, impressive, and totally delicious, combining spicy shredded chicken, creamy ranch, melty mozzarella, sweet bread, and a savory seasoned butter topping for a crowd-pleasing take on a classic party dip.
What Makes This Recipe So Good
- Buffalo chicken sliders might be small in size, but they’re BIG on flavor. Cooked & shredded chicken smothered in a spicy buffalo sauce, tempered by cool & creamy ranch, then covered with melty mozzarella and sandwiched in the center of soft sweet rolls topped with savory seasoned butter sauce.
- They’ll look super impressive on your snack table, even though they’re super easy to throw together in no time at all. To make them even easier, use shredded rotisserie chicken. If you want to cook and shred chicken specifically for your sliders, though, check out my recipe for the BEST shredded chicken. I even included 5 different shredding methods in that post!
- Hosting a watch party for the big game? Need something incredible for your next potluck? You can easily double or triple the recipe to feed a crowd. You could even prep them ahead of time if you wanted to cut down your day-of to-do list. Just follow the instructions through step 5. Once you’ve placed the top layer of rolls on the sandwiches, stop there and cover the baking dish. Stick the dish in the fridge up to 24 hours, then when you’re ready to bake the sliders, set them out and let them come to room temperature first. Top them with the seasoned butter sauce and bake as instructed below!
- Let’s talk bread. Buffalo chicken sliders work with a variety of rolls, so if Hawaiian sweet rolls are your thing, that’s totally fine! Try them with yeast rolls, french dinner rolls, kaiser rolls, pretzel slider buns, brioche slider buns, or any other slider-sized bread you like best.
- Baking the sliders covered is just as important as baking them uncovered, so make sure you do both! Covering them with aluminum foil keeps the heat trapped in the baking dish, ensuring the chicken and sauces are warmed through and the cheese is fully melted. Uncovering them lets the top of the rolls get nice and toasty, adding a delicious texture (not to mention a beautiful golden color) to the sandwiches.
- Want to take your buffalo chicken sliders to the next level? Serve them with extra buffalo sauce, extra ranch dressing, hot sauce, and blue cheese crumbles. A dollop of coleslaw on top of the sliders would also be delicious, and the crunch would offset the soft slider texture really well! Of course, you can’t forget the celery and carrots. What’s buffalo chicken without them??
Side Ideas For Buffalo Chicken Sliders
- Cucumber Tomato Salad
- Air Fryer Frozen French Fries
- Kale Caesar Salad
- Air Fryer Green Beans
- Grilled Mango With Chili-Lime Salt
- 9×13 baking dish
- cooking spray or butter or parchment paper
- Large bowl
- large mixing spoon
- Small bowl
- Pastry brush optional
- Aluminum Foil
- Preheat oven to 350° Fahrenheit. Lightly grease baking dish with cooking spray or butter, or line baking dish with parchment paper. Place bottom halves of dinner rolls in baking dish then set dish aside.
- Add shredded chicken, buffalo sauce, and ranch dressing to large bowl. Stir until ingredients are fully incorporated, with chicken thoroughly coated in buffalo sauce and ranch.
- Spoon chicken mixture on top of halved rolls in baking dish, spreading chicken mixture out to evenly cover rolls.
- Cover chicken mixture with shredded mozzarella, making sure cheese is added in one even layer.
- Cover cheese layer with top of halves of dinner rolls.
- In small bowl, whisk together melted butter, Italian seasoning, and garlic powder until ingredients are thoroughly combined. Use pastry brush to brush butter sauce over tops of rolls, or carefully drizzle butter sauce over tops of rolls as evenly as possible.
- Cover baking dish with aluminum foil, then place baking dish in preheated oven. Bake sliders 10 to 15 minutes, then remove baking dish from oven. Remove and discard aluminum foil and return baking dish to oven for another 5 minutes or until rolls have lightly browned. Check sliders often and be careful not to burn rolls.
- Once sliders are lightly browned and warmed through, remove baking dish from oven and transfer sliders to serving tray or plates. Separate sliders to serve if desired, or serve as one large pull-apart dish. Serve sliders warm with extra buffalo sauce, ranch dressing, hot sauce, and blue cheese crumbles if desired.
- This is a great way to use up any leftover chicken, or you can use store-bought rotisserie chicken. If you’re cooking and shredding chicken specifically for these sliders, check out my recipe for the BEST shredded chicken. It also includes 5 different methods for shredding chicken that just make things easier.
- Feel free to increase the amount of shredded chicken you use in your filling, to up the protein in these sliders and make them that much more satisfying.
- For the buffalo sauce, store-bought works, or you can make your own using this recipe.
Number of total servings shown is approximate. Actual number of servings will depend on your preferred portion sizes.
Nutritional values shown are general guidelines and reflect information for 1 serving using the ingredients listed, not including any optional ingredients. Actual macros may vary slightly depending on specific brands and types of ingredients used.
To determine the weight of one serving, prepare the recipe as instructed. Weigh the finished recipe, then divide the weight of the finished recipe (not including the weight of the container the food is in) by the desired number of servings. Result will be the weight of one serving.