This immune booster shot recipe has everything you need to raise that immune system! With everything from garlic and ginger, to lemon and orange juice, to apple cider vinegar, honey, and turmeric, it’s jam packed with immune boosting ingredients.
Please note that we are not medical professionals, and the information contained on this blog should not be used to diagnose, treat or prevent any disease or health illness. Please consult with a qualified health care professional before acting on any information presented here.
Also, check out our post on more immunity boosters.
Why This Immune Booster Shot Recipe Is So Good!
- I have used this for years to stave off colds and other illnesses – it really does work!
- It actually tastes pretty good – it’s like fire cider but easier to drink!
- It’s packed full of immune boosting and healthy ingredients.
- It only takes 5 minutes to make!
How to Make This Immune Boosting Shot
- Mince the garlic (ideally put through a garlic press) and set aside for 10 minutes. This gives the enzymes a chance to form and ensures maximum benefits.
- Whisk together the honey, turmeric, and hot water, until the honey is incorporated and smooth.
- Then you just stir in everything else and drink!
What is in an Inmune Booster Shot?
This drink is loaded with immune boosting ingredients and a tonne of antioxidants, vitamins and minerals!
- Honey is rich in antioxidants and is often used to soothe sore throats. It adds a natural sweetness to the drink.
- Lemon juice is very high in vitamin C and can help to support heart and digestive health.
- Orange juice is naturally high in vitamin C, folate and potassium, as well as being a great source of antioxidants.
- Garlic is known to boost the function of the immune system, and in studies it has been shown to reduce the symptoms of a common cold.
- Ginger has a very long history of use in traditional and alternative medicine. It has been used to help digestion, reduce nausea and help fight the common cold and other illnesses, to name a few. It also gives the immune booster shot a little zing.
- Cayenne has many health benefits that is a result of the active component, capsaicin. It can boost metabolism and lower blood pressure.
- Turmeric is a great anti-inflammatory and antioxidant.
Black Pepper is used to activate the curcumin in the turmeric.
- Apple Cider Vinegar can kill harmful bacteria.
A cold and illness drink that really works!
Whenever I start feeling like I’m coming down with something, I make an immune booster shot and get a bit of rest. I’ve done this for years and whenever I have, I have never gotten fully sick! I know it’s crazy, but I swear it works!
A great drink to have when you are sick
This immune booster drink is not only full of super healthy and cold fighting drinks but it actually tastes pretty good too! The honey adds a natural sweetness and the ginger and lemon give a wonderful zing – you feel better as soon as you’ve had a sip!
Top Tips to Make This Immune Booster Shot Recipe
- Before making the drink, mince the garlic and set aside for 10 minutes for maximum benefits.
- Use fresh ingredients and check that your spices aren’t stale.
- Drink immediately.
Can I Make This Recipe Ahead of Time?
While the ingredients will the most potent when they’re fresh, you can make this early and store in the fridge for 2-3 days.
More On Health & Wellness
- Easy Golden Milk
- Benefits of Chlorella
- Benefits of Moringa
- Digital Detox
- Medicinal Mushrooms for Anxiety
- 5 Yoga Poses For Stress Relief
- Best 5 Adaptogens For Anxiety Relief And Stress Reduction
Hey – you’ve made it this far, and now we’re best friends! If you make this recipe, I’d love for you to give it a star rating ★ below. Make sure you follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook, too!
Immune Booster Shot Recipe
This immune booster shot recipe has everything you need to raise that immune system and fight off illnesses during sick season!
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Juice of 1 navel orange
- 1-2 cloves garlic minced and set aside 10 m
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger grated
- Dash of cayenne pepper
- Dash of real sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- Grind of black pepper
- 1 tablespoon Natures Intent, with "the Mother", organic apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon hot water
Mince the garlic (ideally put through a garlic press) and set aside for 10 minutes. This gives the enzymes a chance to form and ensures maximum benefits.
Whisk together the honey, turmeric, and hot water, until the honey is incorporated and smooth.
Then you just stir in everything else and drink!
- Storing: This recipe can be made ahead of time and stored in the fridge for 2-3 days. Ingredients, however, are strongest when fresh.