What’s better than fluffy, sweet whipped coffee over milk? Boozy whipped coffee, of course! This easy cocktail pairs coffee liqueur with milk, all topped with a little cloud of whipped coffee for an Instagram-worthy drink. Perfect for brunch or after dinner, and easy to make vegan.
Why This Boozy Whipped Coffee Is So Good
- Whipped or dalgona coffee is all the rage right now for its light, sweet flavor and fluffy texture, so what’s the best way to improve on that? Make it a cocktail, of course!
- Like a delicious, chilled coffee house speciality coffee with a kick of Kahlúa, this is about to become your fave drinks for brunch, parties, and just special treats. It’s the modern version of The Dude’s favorite beverage, a White Russian.
- This recipe is super easy and surprisingly cheap, too! Just whip up a few ingredients and pour it into a glass. That’s it!
How To Make This Recipe
- To make the whipped coffeee, add the instant coffee, hot water, and sweetener to a medium-sized bowl, then whip on medium to high speed with a hand-mixer. (See our post on whipped coffee for more tips and tricks!)
- Fill a glass with the ice. Pour the Kahlúa or chocolate liqueur in, then the milk. Spoon or pipe the whipped coffee on top.
Top Tips For Making Boozy Whipped Coffee
- Use any sort of granulated sweetener in your whipped coffee, like sugar, coconut sugar, or granulated Swerve.
- We love whole milk in our whipped coffee because of how rich and delicious it makes the drink, but almond, coconut, oat, or whatever milk you have on hand is fine!
- For a vegan drink, just use non-dairy milk!
- We used Kahlúa in our drink, but you can use any coffee liqueur you like. You can even make your own!
More Cocktail & Drink Recipes
- Paleo Red, White, and Blue Cocktails (Dairy Free, Vegan, Refined Sugar Free)
- Healthy Pink Drink Strawberry Refresher (Whole30, Unsweetened, Caffeine-Free, Vegan)
- Mango Pineapple Smoothie
- Champagne Jello Shots with Blueberries
- Perfect Cinnamon Apple Cider Mimosa
Hey – you’ve made it this far, and now we’re best friends! If you make this recipe, I’d love for you to give it a star rating ★ below. Make sure you follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook, too!
Boozy Whipped Coffee
- Mixer or whisk
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee
- 2 tablespoons sweetener
- 1/2 cup milk to serve
- 1/4 cup Kahlúa
- ice to serve
- Add water, coffee, and sweetener to bowl and whip on medium to high speed or whisk.
- Fill glass with ice, pour Kahlúa in, then milk. Top with a dollop of whipped coffee.
- Milk: Whole recommended, also almond, oat, etc.
- Sweetener: Any granulated, such as sugar, Swerve, coconut sugar, etc.
- Vegan: Use non-dairy milk.
- Coffee liqueur: We used Kahlua, but any will do, as well as homemade.
Cheryl Malik is the recipe developer, writer, and photographer behind the healthy, flavorful, family friendly recipes at 40 Aprons. She’s been a blogger for 10+ years and is known for her delicious recipes and detailed recipe instructions. Cheryl is a mom of three who lives in Memphis, TN.