What’s better than fluffy, sweet whipped coffee over milk? Boozy whipped coffee, of course! This easy cocktail pairs coffee liqueur with milk, all topped with a little cloud of whipped coffee for an Instagram-worthy drink. Perfect for brunch or after dinner, and easy to make vegan.
Why This Recipe Is So Good
- Whipped or dalgona coffee is all the rage right now for its light, sweet flavor and fluffy texture, so what’s the best way to improve on that? Make it a cocktail, of course!
- Like a delicious, chilled coffee house speciality coffee with a kick of Kahlúa, this is about to become your fave drinks for brunch, parties, and just special treats. It’s the modern version of The Dude’s favorite beverage, a White Russian.
- This recipe is super easy and surprisingly cheap, too! Just whip up a few ingredients and pour it into a glass. That’s it!
How To Make It
- To make the whipped coffeee, add the instant coffee, hot water, and sweetener to a medium-sized bowl, then whip on medium to high speed with a hand-mixer. (See our post on whipped coffee for more tips and tricks!)
- Fill a glass with the ice. Pour the Kahlúa or chocolate liqueur in, then the milk. Spoon or pipe the whipped coffee on top.
- Use any sort of granulated sweetener in your whipped coffee, like sugar, coconut sugar, or granulated Swerve.
- We love whole milk in our whipped coffee because of how rich and delicious it makes the drink, but almond, coconut, oat, or whatever milk you have on hand is fine!
- For a vegan drink, just use non-dairy milk!
- We used Kahlúa in our drink, but you can use any coffee liqueur you like. You can even make your own!
More Cocktail & Drink Recipes
- Paleo Red, White, and Blue Cocktails (Dairy Free, Vegan, Refined Sugar Free)
- Healthy Pink Drink Strawberry Refresher (Whole30, Unsweetened, Caffeine-Free, Vegan)
- Mango Pineapple Smoothie
- Champagne Jello Shots with Blueberries
- Perfect Cinnamon Apple Cider Mimosa
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee
- 2 tablespoons sweetener
- 1/2 cup milk to serve
- 1/4 cup Kahlúa
- ice to serve
- Mixer or whisk
- Add water, coffee, and sweetener to bowl and whip on medium to high speed or whisk.
- Fill glass with ice, pour Kahlúa in, then milk. Top with a dollop of whipped coffee.
- Milk: Whole recommended, also almond, oat, etc.
- Sweetener: Any granulated, such as sugar, Swerve, coconut sugar, etc.
- Vegan: Use non-dairy milk.
- Coffee liqueur: We used Kahlua, but any will do, as well as homemade.
Number of total servings shown is approximate. Actual number of servings will depend on your preferred portion sizes.
Nutritional values shown are general guidelines and reflect information for 1 serving using the ingredients listed, not including any optional ingredients. Actual macros may vary slightly depending on specific brands and types of ingredients used.
To determine the weight of one serving, prepare the recipe as instructed. Weigh the finished recipe, then divide the weight of the finished recipe (not including the weight of the container the food is in) by the desired number of servings. Result will be the weight of one serving.