This soup couldn’t be easier, and it’s the best black bean soup I’ve ever had! It’s so versatile and delicious, filling, and comforting. Only takes about 5 minutes to pull together!
Why This Soup Is So Good
- This bean soup is the perfect easy, fast lunch or dinner recipe. All you need are 5 minutes, 4 ingredients, and the toppings of your choice. Plus it’s incredibly inexpensive to fix yourself a bowl of this filling, warm soup (begone, instant ramen!).
- Totally customizable with whatever garnishes you choose, we love that this recipe can be totally different (or the same!) every single time.
- This soup is super easy to make with just a can of refried beans, or kick it up a notch with our homemade refried black beans recipe.
How To Make Easy Black Bean Soup
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine all the ingredients and whisk until smooth. Let the soup heat for 5 minutes.
- Ladle into 2 serving bowls and garnish however you like. Serve and enjoy!
Top Tips For Making Black Bean Soup
- Out of refried beans but have regular black beans on hand? It’s actually really easy to make your own refried beans at home. You just need avocado oil, an onion, garlic cloves, salt, and water.
- Chipotle aioli (blend one chipotle pepper, 1 teaspoon of adobo sauce, and a squeeze of lime with 1/2 cup mayo)
- Sour cream
- Plain greek yogurt
- Mexican hot sauce
- Chopped cilantro
- Pickled jalapeños
- Chopped tomatoes or salsa
- Cotija or queso fresco
- Lime wedges
- Tortilla chips or strips
Try something else? Let us know in the comments! The possibilities are pretty much endless.
More Crazy Delicious Recipes
- Black Bean Brownies
- Instant Pot Frozen Chicken Breast
- BBQ Jackfruit Bowls
- Loaded Greek Chicken Bowls
- Crab Stuffed Mushrooms
- Mexican Soup
- Marry Me Chicken
- Mexican Chicken Casserole
Hey – you’ve made it this far, and now we’re best friends! If you make this recipe, I’d love for you to give it a star rating ★ below. Make sure you follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook, too!
Easy Black Bean Soup
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine all ingredients. Whisk until smooth. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Ladle into serving bowls and garnish. Serve.
- Homemade refried beans: See our recipe for refried beans here.
- Garnish ideas: Chipotle aioli, sour cream, plain greek yogurt, Mexican hot sauce, chopped cilantro, pickled jalapeños, chopped tomatoes or salsa, onions, avocados, cotija or queso fresco, lime wedges, tortilla chips or strips, scallions
- Chipotle aioli: Blend one chipotle pepper, 1 teaspoon of adobo sauce, and a squeeze of lime with 1/2 cup mayo.
Cheryl Malik is the recipe developer, writer, and photographer behind the healthy, flavorful, family friendly recipes at 40 Aprons. She’s been a blogger for 10+ years and is known for her delicious recipes and detailed recipe instructions. Cheryl is a mom of three who lives in Memphis, TN.