Easy Black Bean Soup
This soup couldn’t be easier, and it’s the best black bean soup I’ve ever had! It’s so versatile and delicious, filling, and comforting. Only takes about 5 minutes to pull together!
Why This Soup Is So Good
- This bean soup is the perfect easy, fast lunch or dinner recipe. All you need are 5 minutes, 4 ingredients, and the toppings of your choice. Plus it’s incredibly inexpensive to fix yourself a bowl of this filling, warm soup (begone, instant ramen!).
- Totally customizable with whatever garnishes you choose, we love that this recipe can be totally different (or the same!) every single time.
- This soup is super easy to make with just a can of refried beans, or kick it up a notch with our homemade refried black beans recipe.
How To Make It
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine all the ingredients and whisk until smooth. Let the soup heat for 5 minutes.
- Ladle into 2 serving bowls and garnish however you like. Serve and enjoy!
- Out of refried beans but have regular black beans on hand? It’s actually really easy to make your own refried beans at home. You just need avocado oil, an onion, garlic cloves, salt, and water.
- Chipotle aioli (blend one chipotle pepper, 1 teaspoon of adobo sauce, and a squeeze of lime with 1/2 cup mayo)
- Sour cream
- Plain greek yogurt
- Mexican hot sauce
- Chopped cilantro
- Pickled jalapeños
- Chopped tomatoes or salsa
- Cotija or queso fresco
- Lime wedges
- Tortilla chips or strips
Try something else? Let us know in the comments! The possibilities are pretty much endless.
More Crazy Delicious Recipes
- Black Bean Brownies
- Instant Pot Frozen Chicken Breast
- BBQ Jackfruit Bowls
- Loaded Greek Chicken Bowls
- Crab Stuffed Mushrooms
- Mexican Soup
- Marry Me Chicken
- Mexican Chicken Casserole
Easy Black Bean Soup
- 2 cups refried black beans (from a can or homemade)
- 1/2 cup water or stock
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tbsp recommended garnishes: chipotle aioli (see note), "sour cream" or yogurt, Mexican hot sauce, chopped cilantro, pickled jalapeños
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine all ingredients. Whisk until smooth. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Ladle into serving bowls and garnish. Serve.
- Homemade refried beans: See our recipe for refried beans here.
- Garnish ideas: Chipotle aioli, sour cream, plain greek yogurt, Mexican hot sauce, chopped cilantro, pickled jalapeños, chopped tomatoes or salsa, onions, avocados, cotija or queso fresco, lime wedges, tortilla chips or strips, scallions
- Chipotle aioli: Blend one chipotle pepper, 1 teaspoon of adobo sauce, and a squeeze of lime with 1/2 cup mayo.
Number of total servings shown is approximate. Actual number of servings will depend on your preferred portion sizes.
Nutritional values shown are general guidelines and reflect information for 1 serving using the ingredients listed, not including any optional ingredients. Actual macros may vary slightly depending on specific brands and types of ingredients used.
To determine the weight of one serving, prepare the recipe as instructed. Weigh the finished recipe, then divide the weight of the finished recipe (not including the weight of the container the food is in) by the desired number of servings. Result will be the weight of one serving.
Leave a Comment