This Mexican soup is easy yet delicious! It’s loaded with veggies, chicken, and a few simple spices. Throw this quick meal together with just one-pot and very little effort!
What Makes This Mexican Soup So Good
- It’s incredibly easy to make! Simply throw everything in a pot, then leave the soup to simmer. In just 30 minutes you’ll have a flavorful and satisfying dish.
- It requires just one pot! One pot for the entire recipe doesn’t just mean easy cooking, it means quick and easy cleanup too. Make life a little easier with this effortless Mexican soup recipe.
- It’s got a ton of flavor with just a handful of simple ingredients! Chicken, veggies, broth, and a couple of spices is all you’ll need. This uncomplicated soup is the easiest meal you’ll make all week.
Key Ingredients for Mexican Soup
Cooked and Shredded Chicken – I used this easy Instant Pot method to cook and shred my chicken for this recipe. However, any cooked and shredded chicken will work here. If you’re lucky enough to find pre-cooked and shredded chicken at your local grocery store, then I highly recommend you pick some up. Also, if shredded chicken isn’t your thing, feel free to use diced chicken instead.
Fire Roasted Diced Tomatoes – Fire roasted diced tomatoes give this Mexican soup a slightly smoky and delicious charred flavor. I love using anything fire roasted in my Mexican-inspired recipes. This key ingredient really helps to amp up the flavor of the overall dish. Though if you can’t find fire roasted diced tomatoes, you can use regular diced tomatoes instead.
- Wait until the very end to taste the soup and adjust any seasonings. The soup needs the entire 30 minutes to simmer and allow the flavors to fully develop. Once that time is up, you’re free to give things a taste and add anything you’d like!
- Serve this Mexican soup however you’d like! Enjoy it with some fresh sliced avocado, cilantro, and a squeeze of lime juice for a low-carb meal. Or, my personal favorite, serve it alongside a bowl of crunchy tortilla chips for dipping!
- Add or remove any vegetables based on your preferences. Black beans and corn stick to the Mexican theme of this meal, though can easily be swapped for whatever you’d like. Pinto beans and/or bell pepper would make great additions to this recipe!
More Easy and Delicious Soup Recipes
- Tom Yum Soup
- Easy Black Bean Soup
- Udon Soup
- Instant Pot Butternut Squash Soup
- Keto Egg Drop Soup
- Instant Pot Lentil Soup
- Seafood Soup
- Keto Broccoli Cheese Soup
- Slow Cooker Tom Kha Soup (Thai Coconut Chicken Soup)
Hey – you’ve made it this far, and now we’re best friends! If you make this recipe, I’d love for you to give it a star rating ★ below. Make sure you follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook, too!
- Large pot
- Place all soup ingredients in a large pot, simmer for 30-45 minutes. Taste and adjust seasoning as desired.
- Make it Paleo: Omit the black beans and corn to make this recipe paleo.
If you enjoyed this recipe, be sure to check out 40 Aprons Premium! 40 Aprons Premium offers exclusive recipes, monthly meal plans, grocery lists, and more – all completely ad free!
Hi! I’m Sam, a travel, food and fitness enthusiast from the New York metro area. I love creating new and inventive recipes, and my favorite part is sharing them with others. My love of food goes all the way back to my early childhood, I grew up cooking alongside my mom and Nonna – the two best cooks I know! When I’m not in the kitchen, I’m either planning my next vacation, spending time outdoors (preferably on a beach), or bingeing Netflix’s latest docu-series. My passion for eating and living well led me to create the blog and Instagram account, Sam Does Her Best, where I health-ify my favorite comfort foods. I’m a big believer that good-for-you food can still be exploding with flavor and (most importantly) easy to make. I’m thrilled to be here at 40 Aprons doing what I do best – creating, photographing, and sharing delicious recipes with you all!