This Mexican soup is easy yet delicious! It’s loaded with veggies, chicken, and a few simple spices. Throw this quick meal together with just one-pot and very little effort!
What Makes This Soup So Good
- It’s incredibly easy to make! Simply throw everything in a pot, then leave the soup to simmer. In just 30 minutes you’ll have a flavorful and satisfying dish.
- It requires just one pot! One pot for the entire recipe doesn’t just mean easy cooking, it means quick and easy cleanup too. Make life a little easier with this effortless Mexican soup recipe.
- It’s got a ton of flavor with just a handful of simple ingredients! Chicken, veggies, broth, and a couple of spices is all you’ll need. This uncomplicated soup is the easiest meal you’ll make all week.
Cooked and Shredded Chicken – I used this easy Instant Pot method to cook and shred my chicken for this recipe. However, any cooked and shredded chicken will work here. If you’re lucky enough to find pre-cooked and shredded chicken at your local grocery store, then I highly recommend you pick some up. Also, if shredded chicken isn’t your thing, feel free to use diced chicken instead.
Fire Roasted Diced Tomatoes – Fire roasted diced tomatoes give this Mexican soup a slightly smoky and delicious charred flavor. I love using anything fire roasted in my Mexican-inspired recipes. This key ingredient really helps to amp up the flavor of the overall dish. Though if you can’t find fire roasted diced tomatoes, you can use regular diced tomatoes instead.
- Wait until the very end to taste the soup and adjust any seasonings. The soup needs the entire 30 minutes to simmer and allow the flavors to fully develop. Once that time is up, you’re free to give things a taste and add anything you’d like!
- Serve this Mexican soup however you’d like! Enjoy it with some fresh sliced avocado, cilantro, and a squeeze of lime juice for a low-carb meal. Or, my personal favorite, serve it alongside a bowl of crunchy tortilla chips for dipping!
- Add or remove any vegetables based on your preferences. Black beans and corn stick to the Mexican theme of this meal, though can easily be swapped for whatever you’d like. Pinto beans and/or bell pepper would make great additions to this recipe!
More Easy and Delicious Soup Recipes
- Tom Yum Soup
- Easy Black Bean Soup
- Udon Soup
- Instant Pot Butternut Squash Soup
- Keto Egg Drop Soup
- Instant Pot Lentil Soup
- Seafood Soup
- Keto Broccoli Cheese Soup
- Slow Cooker Tom Kha Soup (Thai Coconut Chicken Soup)
- Large pot
- Place all soup ingredients in a large pot, simmer for 30-45 minutes. Taste and adjust seasoning as desired.
- Make it Paleo: Omit the black beans and corn to make this recipe paleo.
Number of total servings shown is approximate. Actual number of servings will depend on your preferred portion sizes.
Nutritional values shown are general guidelines and reflect information for 1 serving using the ingredients listed, not including any optional ingredients. Actual macros may vary slightly depending on specific brands and types of ingredients used.
To determine the weight of one serving, prepare the recipe as instructed. Weigh the finished recipe, then divide the weight of the finished recipe (not including the weight of the container the food is in) by the desired number of servings. Result will be the weight of one serving.