These crab stuffed mushrooms are completely addictive! They’re jam packed full of flavor but are really quick and easy to make, too. Perfect appetizers for finger food heaven!
What Makes This Recipe So Good
- They are so delicious and packed full of flavor, everyone will love these!
- They are so simple to make but are still fancy enough to serve to guests.
- You can make them ahead of time for easy entertaining.
The Perfect Make-Ahead Appetizer
When it comes to holiday entertaining, I’m all about planning ahead and keeping things simple, so these crab stuffed mushrooms are perfect! You can make the filling and prep the mushrooms several hours ahead of time, so all you need to do is pop them in the oven when guests arrive. Easy!
Can You Freeze These?
You can’t freeze these stuffed mushrooms once they’ve been cooked, but you can freeze them once they are fully prepped and ready to go in the oven. Freeze the mushrooms on a baking tray, and once frozen you can transfer them to a freezer bag. You can cook the mushrooms from frozen.
What’s the Best Way to Serve This App?
These crab stuffed mushrooms are the perfect finger food to serve at a party. Once they are cooked, serve them immediately on a serving plate. I like to serve two or three finger foods together, so try serving alongside Bacon Wrapped Dates Tofu ‘Chicken’ Nuggets or Sriracha Devilled Eggs.
- Make them several hours ahead of time and keep them covered in the fridge.
- You can use fresh crab meat in place of canned if you wish.
- Clean the mushrooms thoroughly.
- Serve immediately.
More Amazing Appetizers & Party Foods
- Greek Appetizer Platter
- Perfect Keto Charcuterie Board
- Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Cocktail Blini (For Caviar and More!)
- The Best Ever Cranberry Brie Bites
- Vegan Spinach Artichoke Dip
- Whole30 Grazing Board (Paleo, Dairy Free, Gluten Free)
- Chimichurri Shrimp Skewers
- 1 ½ pounds fresh mushrooms
- 2 6-ounce cans crab meat or 12 ounces fresh crab meat
- 5 green onions thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1-2 cloves garlic minced
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 10 tablespoons mayonnaise ½ cup + 2 tablespoons
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese + 2-4 additional tablespoons for topping
- Medium bowl
- Shallow baking dish
- Preheat the oven to 350° Fahrenheit. Wipe mushrooms clean with a damp towel and remove stems. Spoon out gills and base of stem to make deep cups. Discard gills and stems.
- In medium bowl, combine crabmeat, green onions, Italian seasoning, garlic, and pepper. Mix in mayonnaise and ¼ cup parmesan cheese until well combined. Refrigerate filling until ready to use.
- Sprinkle salt over mushroom cups, then fill with rounded teaspoonfuls of crab meat filling. Place mushrooms in ungreased shallow baking dish. Sprinkle parmesan over tops of crab meat.
- Place baking in dish in preheated oven. Bake 20 minutes at 350°F, then change setting to Broil. Broil on high 2 to 3 minutes, to browned tops of mushroom cups, being careful not to burn them. Remove stuffed mushrooms from oven and serve immediately
Number of total servings shown is approximate. Actual number of servings will depend on your preferred portion sizes.
Nutritional values shown are general guidelines and reflect information for 1 serving using the ingredients listed, not including any optional ingredients. Actual macros may vary slightly depending on specific brands and types of ingredients used.
To determine the weight of one serving, prepare the recipe as instructed. Weigh the finished recipe, then divide the weight of the finished recipe (not including the weight of the container the food is in) by the desired number of servings. Result will be the weight of one serving.