These black bean brownies the BEST black bean brownies you’ll ever have – or maybe the best brownies! They’re so fudgy and rich, no one would guess they have black beans in them! Made with coconut sugar and a little coconut flour, they’re healthy, full of fiber, and gluten free.
Why These Black Bean Brownies Are Soooo Good
- These are the most decadent, rich, moist, fudgy brownies you will ever eat! If you love my paleo brownies, you are going to go crazy for these.
- We perfected this recipe until the texture and taste was just right (not kidding, we made 3 batches), and we are obsessed with them. You would never know they are made with beans!
- Since these brownies are made with black beans and healthy ingredients, these are an indulgent treat that you can feel good about eating (and sharing, if you can resist the urge to eat them all).
How To Make This Recipe
- Preheat the oven to 350º F. In a bowl, mix the avocado oil and 1/2 cup of the chocolate chips. Melt in the microwave by heating for 30 seconds, stirring, and then repeating. If not completely melted, continue heating at 30 second intervals.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs and sugar until well combined.
- Process everything other than the two mixtures above in a food processor until a doughy consistency.
- Place the above dough in a large bowl and mix in the chocolate chip mixture. Add in the egg mixture, folding in gently. Then fold in the rest of the chocolate chips
- Grease a square pan (either 8×8 or 9×9 is preferable) and line with parchment paper. Pour in the batter and bake for 40 minutes (checking at 30 and 35 minutes). The top should be nice and crackly when they are done (see notes for toothpick instruction). Allow them to cool before cutting and eating!
Top Tips For Making
- The brownies are ready when you stick a toothpick in them and it comes out mostly clean, but not entirely. It should have a few crumbs on it, but not be completely coated!
- We highly recommend using brewed coffee in your brownies, but you can substitute it with water if you prefer.
More Delicious Desserts
- Vegan Cookie Dough
- Turtle Bars Recipe (Paleo, Vegan)
- Best Chocolate Paleo Cupcakes Ever with Dark Chocolate Frosting (Gluten Free, Dairy Free)
- Almond Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Keto Buckeyes
Hey – you’ve made it this far, and now we’re best friends! If you make this recipe, I’d love for you to give it a star rating ★ below. Make sure you follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook, too!
Black Bean Brownies
- Food processor
- Preheat oven to 350º F. Mix avocado oil and 1/2 cup of chocolate chips in a bowl. Melt in the microwave by heating for 30 seconds, stirring, and then repeating. If not completely melted, continue heating at 30 second intervals.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs and sugar until well combined.
- Process everything other than above two mixtures in a food processor until a doughy consistency.
- Place the dough in large bowl and mix in the chocolate chip mixture. Add in the egg mixture, folding in gently. Fold in the rest of the chocolate chips.
- Grease square pan (either 8×8 or 9×9 is preferable) and line with parchment paper. Pour in batter and bake for 40 minutes (checking at 30 and 35 minutes). Allow to cool before cutting.
- Testing for doneness: Brownies are done when toothpick comes out mostly clean with some crumbs still attached.
- For coffee: Use brewed coffee that has been sitting out or refrigerator. Can be substituted with water, but coffee is highly recommended.
Cheryl Malik is the recipe developer, writer, and photographer behind the healthy, flavorful, family friendly recipes at 40 Aprons. She’s been a blogger for 10+ years and is known for her delicious recipes and detailed recipe instructions. Cheryl is a mom of three who lives in Memphis, TN.