Making sweet potato fries in the air fryer produces crispy fries super fast and with just a touch of oil! These air fryer sweet potato fries are quick and easy, perfectly spiced, and delicious as a side dish anytime. Naturally vegan and Whole30.
These salty and simply seasoned fries are not only delicious, but super easy! They taste restaurant quality, but with way less oil and made in just a few minutes in the air fryer. They are incredible on their own but insanely addictive with dips (check out the top tips for our faves). These air fried sweet potato fries are perfect for snacking (you or your kids), or are a great side with steak, burgers, or whatever your fry-loving heart desires!
What Makes This Recipe So Good
Sweet potatoes – Definitely not just for casseroles. These creamy potatoes with a hint of sweetness are absolutely delicious with savory, spicy seasonings.
Oil – Whether olive, avocado, or vegetable, just a little oil keeps the fries moist without making them greasy.
Garlic powder – For a hint of garlicky goodness, just like fries from your favorite restaurant.
Cinnamon – Just a little spicy with a woody, sweet flavor, cinnamon adds a layer of flavor to your fries.
Paprika – A little peppery spice rounds out the simple but delicious seasonings in this recipe.
How To Make It
The full recipe & ingredients list are below, but here you’ll find a quick overview for making this recipe perfectly, along with useful tips and info!
Preheat the air fryer at 400º F.
Toss together all the ingredients in a bowl.
Arrange the fries in a single layer in the air fryer basket.
Cook each batch until the the tips and edges of the fries start to brown.
- If you’re cooking more than one sweet potato, cook them in batches, spreading them in flat layers in the air basket so that every fry gets nice and crispy.
- There are sooo many delicious dips for these fries. Besides ketchup, we love honey mustard, spicy mayo (just add a little Sriracha or hot sauce to some mayonnaise), comeback sauce, maple mustard (add some maple syrup to yellow or spicy brown mustard), or garlic mayo (add a little minced garlic to some mayo). If you’re on Whole30, remember to use a compliant dip!
More Air Fryer Recipes
- Air Fryer Steak with Easy Herb Butter
- Air Fryer Shrimp with Comeback Sauce
- Sausage in the Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Hot Dogs
- Air Fryer Chicken Breast
- Air fryer
- Preheat air fryer for 5 minutes at 400º F. Peel sweet potato and cut into sticks.
- Toss together all ingredients in medium bowl.
- Arrange in a single layer in air fryer basket and cook 8-10 minutes, shaking midway, or until tips and edges begin to brown and fries look matte.
- Cooking multiple sweet potatoes: Cook in batches, spreading them in flat layers in the air basket.
- Dip suggestions: Ketchup, honey mustard, spicy mayo (add a little Sriracha or hot sauce to some mayonnaise), comeback sauce, maple mustard (add some maple syrup to yellow or spicy brown mustard), or garlic mayo (add a little minced garlic to some mayo).
Number of total servings shown is approximate. Actual number of servings will depend on your preferred portion sizes.
Nutritional values shown are general guidelines and reflect information for 1 serving using the ingredients listed, not including any optional ingredients. Actual macros may vary slightly depending on specific brands and types of ingredients used.
To determine the weight of one serving, prepare the recipe as instructed. Weigh the finished recipe, then divide the weight of the finished recipe (not including the weight of the container the food is in) by the desired number of servings. Result will be the weight of one serving.