Cooking frozen salmon fillets in the air fryer gives you perfectly tender, flaky salmon with barely any time or effort. With a delicious honey dijon mustard glaze, this delicious low-carb entrée pairs well with a number of sides and is ready to eat in less than 30 minutes.
What Makes This Recipe So Good
- This method is super quick and super easy. You don’t even need to thaw the salmon fillets first – just pop them right in the air fryer. It’ll take care of the defrosting for you.
- The simple honey dijon glaze adds an incredible sweet-and-tangy flavor to the salmon. Odds are good you have all the ingredients you’ll need for it in your pantry, too.
- Salmon is a delicious, low-carb, gluten-free, keto-friendly protein that pairs well with almost anything. A small salad, sautéed broccoli, green beans, roasted potatoes and carrots – the list goes on and on!
- Salmon cooks quickly, and it’s pretty unpleasant when it overcooks. Use a meat thermometer to judge the doneness of your fillets, rather than eyeballing it. For medium-rare fillets, take them out of the air fryer when they read 125° Fahrenheit internally. For well-done fillets, you want an internal temp of 145° Fahrenheit.
- The salmon will continue cooking a little as they rest after you take them out of the air fryer. Be sure to factor that in to your temperature readings. Allow for another 5° or so increase during that rest time.
- If your fillets are smaller than 6 ounces or particularly thin, you’ll want to adjust the cook time to avoid overcooking them. Start with a 5-minute defrost followed by a 5-minute cook time. You can always add more time if needed.
More Air Fryer Recipes You Should Try
- Air Fryer Canned Cinnamon Rolls with Homemade Cream Cheese Frosting
- Air Fryer Frozen Burgers
- Frozen French Fries in the Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Tilapia
- Air Fryer Chicken Nuggets (Chick-Fil-A Style)
- Crispy Air Fryer Pecan-Crusted Chicken with Honey Mustard Sauce
- air fryer
- spray oil safe for air fryers
- Medium bowl
- Basting Brush
- Meat thermometer
- Preheat air fryer to 390° Fahrenheit. Spray basket lightly with spray oil safe for air fryers.
- Place frozen salmon fillets skin-side down in air fryer basket and place basket in air fryer. Cook salmon 7 minutes or until just defrosted.
- While salmon cooks, add olive oil, dijon mustard, honey, lemon juice, garlic, salt, and pepper to medium bowl. Whisk well until thoroughly combined.
- After salmon has defrosted, remove basket and brush honey dijon glaze mixture liberally over tops of salmon.
- Return basket to air fryer. Cook another 7 to 9 minutes or until salmon reaches internal temperature of 120° Fahrenheit for medium-rare salmon up to 145° Fahrenheit for well-done fillets. Serve immediately with desired sides.
- Cook Time: If your salmon fillets are smaller than 6 ounces or particularly thin, you’ll need to reduce the cook time so you don’t overcook them. Start with a 5 minute defrost and a 5 minute cook time, then add more time if needed. Be sure to use your meat thermometer!
- Make it Keto: Use your favorite keto-friendly keto sweetener instead of honey. Depending on the sweetener you use, you may need to use less than 2 teaspoons.
Number of total servings shown is approximate. Actual number of servings will depend on your preferred portion sizes.
Nutritional values shown are general guidelines and reflect information for 1 serving using the ingredients listed, not including any optional ingredients. Actual macros may vary slightly depending on specific brands and types of ingredients used.
To determine the weight of one serving, prepare the recipe as instructed. Weigh the finished recipe, then divide the weight of the finished recipe (not including the weight of the container the food is in) by the desired number of servings. Result will be the weight of one serving.