This collection of paleo Mother’s Day recipes makes it easy to show a paleo mama you care. With 50 paleo brunch and paleo Mother’s Day recipes, there’s something for every mama! Ideal for breakfast in bed or brunch at home.
Mother’s Day changed two years ago. Before that, it’d been a frenzy of last-minute gifts and lunch plans and crowds of procrastinators hovering over the seasonal greeting card section at Target. But two years ago, I was almost a mama myself, pregnant enough that the general public felt confident enough to start conversations with my ballooned status.
I hadn’t met Leo yet then, but I was already his mother. We were on our way to a quick babymoon cruise from New Orleans, so we opted for dinner at Mr. B’s Bistro in the heart of the French Quarter. Once I waded through the party perimeter surrounding the classic restaurant, pinching my super pregnant nose and jealously rolling my eyes at the drunken tourists with shot glass necklaces (gotta keep it close), we had a fantastic traditional meal in the rich, wood-paneled space. O opted for Cajun BBQ shrimp, and, of course, they brought him a bib…
I have photographic evidence, but, you know, I like being married.
And me? I don’t even remember. I just remember the feeling of Leo spinning around in my belly, so content in the anticipation of meeting my little man. It was the perfect first Mother’s Day.
Things are a little different these days! Leo’s over a year and a half, and he’s a wild toddler with his tantrums and his sweetness and his teetering independence as he both desperately needs us and needs to begin to do his own thing. It’s loaded and wonderful and emotional and hard and easy and fun and tedious and the best thing ever. So happy Mother’s Day to all you mamas out there, and a big hang in there to all the future moms out there struggling with infertility. I know this day is hard for you.
If you’re cooking for your paleo mom or for your paleo wife this Mother’s Day, I’ve got you covered! I’ve put together 50 paleo Mother’s Day recipes to help you serve up a fantastic paleo Mother’s Day without fighting the crowds at an overpriced restaurant where mom can’t even get what she really wants anyway. Try a mixture of sweet and savory brunch recipes with a fruit salad and lots of mimosas… how could that be bad?
I’m thrilled to share a couple more fantastic paleo Mother’s Day recipes this week (including my Whole30-approved McGriddles [!!!!!] and a carrot cake paleo breakfast bake with cream-cheese glaze. WHAT.), so make sure you subscribe! You really don’t want to miss these – pinky promise.
What are you doing to celebrate Mother’s Day?
- Bacon and egg cups
- Breakfast bake with sausage, eggs, spinach, and mushrooms
- Broccoli quiche with bacon
- Cauliflower Benedict
- Chicken salad
- Easy Whole30 breakfast sausage
- Loaded sweet potato fries
- Plantain bacon fritters with avocado and poached egg
- Poached egg avocado sweet potato hash browns
- Sweet potato hash
- Sweet potato waffle breakfast sandwich
- Tortilla Española
- Quiche with crab and spinach
- Whole30 breakfast sandwiches (AKA Whole30 McGriddles)
Sweet Paleo Mother’s Day Recipes
- Apple cake
- Best paleo banana bread
- Blackberry and apple paleo Dutch baby
- Blueberry banana breakfast bread
- Blueberry coconut soufflé bake
- Blueberry coffee cake
- Blueberry lemon donuts
- Carrot cake paleo breakfast bake with cream-cheese glaze
- Carrot cake with cream cheese frosting
- Cinnamon raisin bagels
- Cinnamon rolls
- Cinnamon roll coffee cake
- Crêpes cake with lemon strawberry coconut cream
- French crêpes (use ghee or coconut oil instead of butter)
- Honey almond granola
- Mimosa gluten-free coffee cake
- Paleo cereal
- Peach ginger paleo muffins
- Sweet plantain apple bacon breakfast hash
- Sweet potato blueberry breakfast bars
- Waffles with mango-coconut cream (!!!)
- Whole30 “bread pudding” with sweet potatoes and apples
Salads for Paleo Mother’s Day
- Apple walnut spinach salad
- Berry and mint fruit salad with a honey lime dressing
- Honey basil fruit salad
- Honey lime rainbow fruit salad
- Kale salad with cranberries
- Piña colada fruit salad
- Superfood salad with blueberry lemon vinaigrette
- Watermelon salad with coconut lime dressing
Mimosas for Paleo Mother’s Day
- Blushing mimosas
- Coconut mimosa
- Grapefruit mimosa
- Mimosa sangria
- Pineapple strawberry mimosas
- Strawberry mimosas
Cheryl Malik is the recipe developer, writer, and photographer behind the healthy, flavorful, family friendly recipes at 40 Aprons. She’s been a blogger for 10+ years and is known for her delicious recipes and detailed recipe instructions. Cheryl is a mom of three who lives in Memphis, TN.