This salmon salad is incredibly nutritious and loaded with flavor! Baked salmon filets are placed atop a bed of fresh greens, herbs, and veggies then topped off with a tangy dressing. Prep this salmon salad ahead of a busy week for a quick, healthy, and delicious lunch option.
What Makes This Salmon Salad So Good
- It’s jam-packed with healthy ingredients! Rich in omega-3s, salmon is the perfect healthy protein to top off this nutritious salad. Other ingredients such as romaine lettuce, avocado, and red onion add an extra boost of good-for-you vitamins.
- It’s quite literally exploding with flavor. Buttery salmon, a citrusy salad dressing, fresh dill, and tangy Kalamata olives pack a ton of delicious flavor in every bite of this salmon salad!
- It’s the perfect meal-prep lunch or dinner! Bake the salmon, make the dressing, then chop the veggies at the beginning of your week. When you need a quick and healthy meal, assemble this salmon salad and enjoy!
Key Ingredients for Salmon Salad
Salmon Filets – Any type of salmon will work for this recipe! Head on over to the seafood counter and pick out whatever salmon filets look best.
Fresh Dill – There’s just something about fresh herbs on a salad that make it so good! The fresh dill in this dish take the overall taste to the next level. Simply grab a handful of fresh dill, give it a rinse, roughly chop it, then sprinkle it over your salad!
Feta Cheese – This soft, crumbly cheese gives this salmon salad the perfect savory bite! The taste of feta pairs perfectly with the fresh and dried herbs used in this recipe, though you can use any kind of cheese you’d like. And if you’d like to make this dairy-free, simply leave out the feta cheese.
- When storing leftovers for this salmon salad, be sure to store each component of the recipe separately. Place the salmon in one container, store the dressing in a jar secured with a lid, and store all vegetables in their own container. You have the option of reheating the salmon for 30 seconds in the microwave or simply eating it cold.
- Do not dress this salad until right before eating! If prepping this salmon salad ahead of serving, avoid adding any dressing to the vegetables as this will result in a soggy salad. Keep things tasting fresh by waiting until the last minute to add the dressing to this salmon salad.
- Save time and dishes by adding all dressing ingredients to a jar, then securing it with a lid and shaking it to combine. If you’re making this salad as part of a meal prep, I highly recommend going this route. This way you can just stick the dressing straight into the fridge!
More Healthy and Delicious Salad Recipes
- Kale Caesar Salad
- Spinach Salad with Hot Bacon Dressing
- Chicken Cobb Salad
- Chef Salad
- Keto Broccoli Salad
Hey – you’ve made it this far, and now we’re best friends! If you make this recipe, I’d love for you to give it a star rating ★ below. Make sure you follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook, too!
- Baking dish
- Small bowl
For the dressing:
For the salad:
- 6 cups romaine lettuce washed and chopped, see Notes
- 1 cup cucumber sliced
- ½ cup red onion sliced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes sliced
- 2 avocados sliced
- ¼ cup fresh dill chopped
- ½ cup Kalamata olives
- 1 cup feta cheese crumbled
- Preheat oven to 425° Fahrenheit.
- Place salmon filets in a baking dish and drizzle with olive oil, then sprinkle evenly with salt and black pepper. Bake salmon for 8-10 minutes.
- Add all dressing ingredients to a bowl and whisk to combine.
- Assemble all salad ingredients on a plate, top with salmon filets and serve with dressing.
- Lemon Juice: If you don’t have lemon juice you can use white wine vinegar or apple cider vinegar instead.
- Romaine Lettuce: Feel free to use whatever kind of lettuce you’d like in this recipe!
If you enjoyed this recipe, be sure to check out 40 Aprons Premium! 40 Aprons Premium offers exclusive recipes, monthly meal plans, grocery lists, and more – all completely ad free!
Hi! I’m Sam, a travel, food and fitness enthusiast from the New York metro area. I love creating new and inventive recipes, and my favorite part is sharing them with others. My love of food goes all the way back to my early childhood, I grew up cooking alongside my mom and Nonna – the two best cooks I know! When I’m not in the kitchen, I’m either planning my next vacation, spending time outdoors (preferably on a beach), or bingeing Netflix’s latest docu-series. My passion for eating and living well led me to create the blog and Instagram account, Sam Does Her Best, where I health-ify my favorite comfort foods. I’m a big believer that good-for-you food can still be exploding with flavor and (most importantly) easy to make. I’m thrilled to be here at 40 Aprons doing what I do best – creating, photographing, and sharing delicious recipes with you all!