This paleo cereal recipe will totally transform your mornings. It’s super quick, easy, and versatile, as well as perfectly crunchy and naturally a bit sweet. Ready in about 3 minutes and made from whatever nuts, seeds, and dried fruit that you have on hand. Vegan, raw, and gluten and grain free, too.
Y’ALL GET READY ARE YOU READY TELL ME WHEN YOU’RE READY
Phew. I can hardly contain my excitement because this is paleo cereal and that means you can skip the eggs this morning, I KNOW.
I went through this long process when we transitioned into a paleo sort of way of living because uh, I kind of hate eggs. I mean, I actually like eggs, but I can’t get down with that texture every single day. I actually Googled “eggs give me anxiety” the other day, because whenever I eat scrambled eggs, I end up with this nervous stomach for no reason I can identify.
I’d rather have a bowl of Basic 4, because I’m basic and I’m pretty sure the rest of the name is “4 u,” and I’m Basic 4 U, baby. I won’t be ashamed of my love for that old-man cereal, no!
Until one day I just realized I could grind up some paleo trail mix and, tada! Cold paleo cereal. Or hot, if you decide to go that route. You do you, my friend!
Why This Paleo Cereal Is So Good
- It’s insanely versatile. You can use pretty much any nuts or dried fruit you have on hand.
- You can eat it hot or cold!
- It comes together in a matter of about 3 minutes.
- It’s delicious with a handful of fresh fruit sprinkled on top.
- You can keep a container of this paleo cereal in the pantry at all times, and a nourishing breakfast will be ready in seconds.
It’s that simple, y’all.
How to Make Paleo Cereal
I really love to blitz my paleo cereal mix of nuts, seeds, and dried fruit in the food processor to give it a really lovely texture that’s crunchy but not overwhelming. It also integrates the natural sweetness from the dried fruit better, so I highly recommend you go about it this way, rather than simply shaking things up in a jar.
You can, however, totally do that!
But I recommend the following method.
Place any whole nuts in the bowl of your food processor and pulse until broken up into even pieces.
Add in dried fruit and pulse until chopped evenly.
Add remaining ingredients (coconut and seeds) and pulse until well mixed. Transfer to an airtight container and keep in the pantry for about 4 weeks.
How to Eat Paleo Cereal
Three options really:
- Cold with alt-milk like almond, coconut, or macadamia milk, with a touch of maple syrup or honey if not vegan, topped with fresh fruit like raspberries, strawberries, or blueberries, if you like.
- Warm with alt-milk, fresh fruit, and a touch of maple syrup.
- With a tempered egg. Warm the alt-milk for your cereal. Whisk an egg in a small separate bowl. Then, whisking the egg constantly, slowly pour in about 1/2 cup of the warm alt milk, a little bit at a time, so the egg accepts the warm milk and does not curdle. Once you’ve poured all the milk in, pour over the paleo cereal. Add a little sweetener if desired and any fresh fruit you like.
Options for Paleo Cereal
Nuts for Paleo Cereal
- Brazil nuts
- Macadmia nuts
Seeds for Paleo Cereal
- Chia seeds
- Hemp seeds
- Sunflower seeds
- Pumpkin seeds
- Sesame seeds
- Raisins are my favorite
- Dates, especially Medjool, are positively delicious
- Dried cherries
- Dried figs
- Dried blueberries
- Dried mango
- Dried goji berries
- Skip the coconut or add more.
- Add a sprinkle of cocoa powder when blitzing in the food processor for a chocolatey vibe.
- Add in a nice handful of freeze-dried strawberries at the end of processing for a delicious “red berries” flavor.
- Stir in a scoop of collagen powder when serving for a boost in protein and overall health.
- Try a bit of vegan chocolate chips for an indulgent twist.
Make this for better paleo mornings How badly do I wish we could clink spoons to “cheers” right now? Way too badly.
Other Recipes You’ll Love:
- Paleo Blueberry Muffins (Gluten Free, Grain Free)
- Crunchy Paleo Granola
- Vegan Nutella
- Paleo Sweet Potato Apple Breakfast Bake
Hey – you’ve made it this far, and now we’re best friends! If you make this recipe, I’d love for you to give it a star rating ★ below. Make sure you follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook, too!
Paleo Cereal (Vegan)
This paleo cereal is super fast and easy, made in only three minutes, with whatever nuts and dried fruit you have on hand. Great cold or hot, it's super versatile, naturally vegan, and healthy.
Place the nuts in the bowl of a food processor and pulse until roughly and evenly chopped.
Add raisins and/or dried fruit and process briefly until slightly chopped. Do not overprocess, or the raisins will become paste.
Add seeds and coconut flakes to food processor. Process until the texture of a cereal like Grape Nuts or as desired.
Keep in an airtight container at room temperature for up to about 4 weeks. Serve with alt milk, a little maple syrup, and fresh fruit, if desired. Serve hot or cold.
If using dates, chop manually with a knife to prevent stickiness and clumping.
To temper an egg, crack an egg into a small bowl and whisk. Warm up the almond (or other) milk you'll serve with your cereal until pretty hot, but not boiling. While whisking the egg, very slowly drizzle about 1/4 cup of the hot almond milk into the egg. Once you've poured in about 1/4 cup of hot liquid, you can add the egg into your cereal bowl without worrying about it curdling.