The epitome of summer, these 3 ingredient watermelon margaritas are fruity, naturally sweet, boozy, and crazy easy! Inspired by sweet watermelon juice, spiked with a generous serving of tequila and tart lime juice, this watermelon margarita recipe takes only 3 minutes to make and is always a hit! Made slushy with frozen watermelon, or served on the rocks with fresh watermelon.
What Makes This Recipe So Good
Watermelon – Light, sweet, and juicy, watermelon pairs perfectly with the stronger flavor of the tequila.
Tequila – Made from the blue agave plant, tequila is a must-have for a margarita.
Lime juice – Just a hint of lime juice is all you’ll need to enhance the flavor of the tequila without overwhelming the watermelon. (Wondering how much juice is in your lime?)
How To Make Watermelon Margaritas
The full recipe & ingredients list are below, but here you’ll find a quick overview for making this recipe perfectly, along with useful tips and info!
Blend all the ingredients until smooth.
Pour into salt- or sugar-rimmed glasses and garnish with a lime wedge.
Top Tips For Making
- We used frozen watermelon cubes for our margaritas to make them perfectly slushy and chilled. If you don’t have time to freeze your watermelon, serve your margaritas over ice.
- This recipe makes either 4 small margaritas or 2 large ones (or 1 really jumbo one).
- To rim your glass, make a small cut down the middle of a lime wedge. Stick this cut right on the edge of your glass, and rub the lime all the way around. Dip the lime-covered edge into a shallow bowl or dish filled with coarse salt or granulated sugar.
Why Watermelon Is So Good For You
Eating (or drinking) watermelon has a ton of health benefits, so feel free to tell people you’re drinking this cocktail for your health!
- It helps you stay hydrated. Due to watermelon’s high water content (92% water!), watermelon is a delicious way to stay hydrated. Plus, eating watermelon can help you feel full.
- Full of antioxidants. Watermelon has vitamin C, lycopene, and other nutrients that have antioxidant properties that can help the body fight off free radicals.
- It may be good for heart health. Lycopene also helps lower bad cholesterol and blood pressure. It can also help keep your arteries healthy. Citrulline in watermelons can also lower blood pressure.
- Great for skin and hair. The vitamins in watermelon help the body create collagen for healthy skin and hair, as well as helping create and repair skin cells.
- It can also help with inflammation, keep your eyes healthy, help with brain health, and keep muscles from getting sore.
More Fruity Recipes
- Blueberry Smoothie
- Mango Habanero Wings
- Mango Pineapple Smoothie
- Watermelon Feta Salad with Mint
- Orange Julius Recipe
- Peach Bellini
- Strawberry Mojito
- Chelada (Mexican Beer Cocktail with Lime)
Hey – you’ve made it this far, and now we’re best friends! If you make this recipe, I’d love for you to give it a star rating ★ below. Make sure you follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook, too!
3-Ingredient Watermelon Margarita Recipe
- 2 cups watermelon cubed and frozen
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2/3 cup tequila
- 1 lime half cut into wedges, half juiced for rimming glass
- coarse salt or granulated sugar for rimming glasses
- Blend all the ingredients until smooth.
- Pour into salt- or sugar-rimmed glasses and garnish with a lime wedge. Serve immediately.
- Frozen watermelon: Cut watermelon into cubes and freeze for at least 1 hour. If you don’t have time to freeze your watermelon, serve your margaritas over ice.
- Serving size: Recipe makes 4 small margaritas, 2 large, or 1 jumbo.
- To rim glass with salt or sugar: Make a small cut down the middle of a lime wedge. Stick this cut right on the edge of your glass, and rub the lime all the way around. Dip the lime-covered edge into a shallow bowl or dish filled with coarse salt or granulated sugar.
- See also: How to cut a watermelon and how much juice is in one lime