These air fryer zucchini chips are insanely crispy and delicious! The air fryer cooks the zucchini perfectly and is a much healthier alternative to deep-frying. These air fryer zucchini chips are cheesy, crunchy, and loaded with Italian seasoning. Dip them in marinara sauce for a tasty appetizer or snack!
What Makes These Air Fryer Zucchini Chips So Good
- They’re jam-packed with flavor! Buttery Panko breadcrumbs, savory parmesan cheese, and flavorful Italian seasoning surround each zucchini chip for maximum deliciousness.
- The air fryer makes them super crispy, without any oil. Zucchini has a high water content and it’s usually a challenge to get it crispy, but the air fryer makes it easy! Simply pop these chips in the air fryer, cook for 10 minutes, flip, then finish off with another 5 minutes and you’ll have insanely crunchy air fryer zucchini chips.
- They’re surprisingly simple to make. Slice the zucchini, then set up an assembly line with your three bowls. Dip, dunk, coat, and then transfer to the air fryer. That’s pretty much it! To serve, I pick up my favorite jarred marinara sauce from the store, assemble everything on a plate, and enjoy.
Key Ingredients for Air Fryer Zucchini Chips
Zucchini – You can peel your zucchini if you’d like, but it’s totally not necessary. Feel free to eliminate that extra step and go straight into slicing the zucchini into 1/2-inch slices. If you want even crispier chips, then I’d recommend slicing them into 1/4-inch slices.
Panko Breadcrumbs – Panko breadcrumbs are dryer and flakier than most breadcrumbs, and that’s why they’re my favorite for getting things extra crispy. They also have this incredible, subtle buttery flavor which make these air fryer zucchini chips that much more delicious. However, you can use regular breadcrumbs or Italian breadcrumbs if you’d like.
Parmesan Cheese – Make sure to use grated (not shredded) parmesan cheese in this recipe. Both the texture and taste of grated parmesan cheese pairs perfectly with the breadcrumbs and creates the tastiest air fryer zucchini chips ever.
- Use one hand for dunking the zucchini chips in the egg mixture, and the other hand for dunking them in the flour and breadcrumb mixture. This will make the dredging process a whole lot neater!
- After dredging the zucchini in the flour, tap the chip on the edge of the bowl to remove any excess flour. The same goes for the egg – after dunking the zucchini in the egg mixture, let any excess egg drip off before moving on to the breadcrumbs.
- If you have leftovers, store them in an airtight container in the fridge for up to five days. To reheat, pop them in the air fryer set at 380° Fahrenheit for three minutes or until warm.
More Delicious Air Fryer Recipes
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- Air fryer
- 3 (three) bowls
- Preheat air fryer to 380° Fahrenheit.
- Mix Panko breadcrumbs, parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, and salt in a small bowl. In separate bowl, beat 2 eggs. Add flour to third bowl.
- Dredge zucchini slices in flour, then toss in beaten egg. Dip and coat well in breadcrumb mixture.
- Transfer coated zucchini slices to air fryer in a single layer and cook for 10 minutes. Flip each slice and cook for an additional 5 minutes. Remove from air fryer and serve with marinara sauce.
- Make it Gluten-Free: Use gluten-free breadcrumbs instead of Panko breadcrumbs and gluten-free flour instead of all purpose flour.
- Make it Dairy-Free: Use 1/2 cup of nutritional yeast instead of parmesan cheese.
Number of total servings shown is approximate. Actual number of servings will depend on your preferred portion sizes.
Nutritional values shown are general guidelines and reflect information for 1 serving using the ingredients listed, not including any optional ingredients. Actual macros may vary slightly depending on specific brands and types of ingredients used.
To determine the weight of one serving, prepare the recipe as instructed. Weigh the finished recipe, then divide the weight of the finished recipe (not including the weight of the container the food is in) by the desired number of servings. Result will be the weight of one serving.