These Instant Pot egg bites are the perfect grab-and-go breakfast! Prep a batch of these ahead of a busy week for an easy and nutritious breakfast or snack all week long. Loaded with fresh veggies and cheese, they’re super delicious too!
What Makes This Recipe So Good
- They’re incredibly quick and easy to make! Simply blend the eggs, then add in your veggies before transferring to the mold and cooking them in the Instant Pot for just 8 minutes. You’ll have a protein-packed, healthy breakfast in no time!
- It’s actually delicious! Over are the days where good-for-you wasn’t always synonymous with being tasty. Perfectly seasoned then finished off with sharp cheddar cheese, these healthy egg bites won’t let your taste buds down!
- They’re the best, most handy breakfast. I love incorporating these Instant Pot egg bites into my meal prep for the week. Knowing I have a nutritious and flavorful breakfast waiting for me in the fridge gets me out of bed in the morning!
Eggs – I used whole eggs for this recipe, though feel free to use just egg whites instead. Also, the blender does most of the mixing for us, so no need to whisk these eggs by hand!
Cottage Cheese – Cottage cheese adds an extra savory bite to the egg bites, while also making them super light and fluffy. If you’re not a cottage cheese fan like me, don’t worry, since you’ll hardly taste it in this recipe. Instead, the additional cheese will simply add more flavor and a delightful texture.
- Switch up the veggies in this recipe however you’d like! Diced tomatoes, some fresh chopped herbs, or even a dash of your favorite spice blend would taste delicious in these Instant Pot egg bites. Get creative and use up whatever fresh produce you have on-hand!
- Don’t forget to reduce the heat on your Instant Pot to manual low pressure. My Instant Pot defaults to high pressure, which would overcook the egg bites. Therefore, be careful to select low pressure instead.
- For leftover egg bites, store them in an airtight container in the fridge for up to three days. To reheat the bites, place them on a plate in the microwave for about 30 seconds. Either cut through the egg bites with a fork, or simply eat with your hands!
Other Easy Instant Pot Recipes You Must Try
- Instant Pot Eggs
- Tender Instant Pot Beets
- Instant Pot Quinoa
- Buttery Instant Pot Cabbage
- Instant Pot Green Beans
- Whole30 Instant Pot Chicken Tortilla-Less Soup (Paleo)
- Instant Pot Bacon
- 4 large eggs
- ¼ cup cottage cheese
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ cup bell pepper any color, chopped
- ¼ cup fresh spinach chopped
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Small bowl
- Instant Pot
- Silicone egg mold for Instant Pot
- Wire steam rack for Instant Pot
- Add eggs, cottage cheese, salt, and black pepper to blender. Blend until smooth.
- Transfer to bowl and stir in chopped bell pepper, spinach, and shredded cheese.
- Lightly spray silicone egg mold with spray cooking oil, then fill each mold with egg mixture.
- Pour one cup water into Instant Pot. Cover mold with silicone lid or piece of parchment paper, then place onto wire steam rack, before placing into the Instant Pot.
- Secure lid on Instant Pot and cook on Manual Low Pressure for 8 minutes. Manually release steam then carefully remove egg bites from pot.
- Make it Keto: Purchase a block of cheddar cheese and shred it yourself for this recipe, to avoid any unnecessary carbs/fillers!
- Make it Lower Fat: Use egg whites only instead of whole eggs.
Number of total servings shown is approximate. Actual number of servings will depend on your preferred portion sizes.
Nutritional values shown are general guidelines and reflect information for 1 serving using the ingredients listed, not including any optional ingredients. Actual macros may vary slightly depending on specific brands and types of ingredients used.
To determine the weight of one serving, prepare the recipe as instructed. Weigh the finished recipe, then divide the weight of the finished recipe (not including the weight of the container the food is in) by the desired number of servings. Result will be the weight of one serving.