This watermelon feta salad with mint is the definition of a refreshing summer side dish! A hit at every get together, this is a family favorite; sweet, juicy watermelon, tossed in a simple lime juice dressing, finished with plenty of salty feta and fresh mint leaves. It just doesn’t get better than this! Perfect for any cookout, BBQ, or summer party.
If you’ve got leftover watermelon, be sure to check out our recipe for incredible, simple Watermelon Juice (No Juicer!)
What Makes This Watermelon Feta Salad Recipe So Good
I love a good fruit salad in the summer, but I’m always looking for ways to kick the basic one up a notch. This watermelon feta salad does EXACTLY that! Tender, juicy watermelon combined with salty feta cheese and a tart, sweet dressing makes the ultimate flavor combo. If you haven’t tried salt with watermelon, you are in for a major treat!
Key Ingredients for Watermelon Feta Salad
Watermelon – Sweet and refreshing, watermelon goes so well with the saltiness of the other ingredients.
Feta – Crumbled feta is the perfect soft, salty cheese for this salad.
Mint Leaves – With a sweet, cool flavor, mint adds another touch of summer to this salad.
Olive Oil and Lime Juice – Combined together, they make a light, citrusy dressing that makes the flavors of the fruit and cheese pop.
- Make sure to assemble the watermelon feta salad right before serving, otherwise, it becomes really juicy and soggy.
- Not sure how to cut a watermelon? Check out my post on how to cut and pick the perfect watermelon.
- Click here for tips on juicing a lime and how much juice is in one lime.
More Summery Side Dishes
- Cucumber Tomato Salad
- Mexican Street Corn Salad
- Red Potato Salad
- Roasted Chili Corn Salsa
- Perfect Pea Salad
- Chickpea Salad (Mediterranean Style)
- Keto Broccoli Salad
- Corn Relish
- 8 cups watermelon cubed
- ½ cup crumbled feta
- ¼ loose cup mint leaves chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Whisk together olive oil, salt, and lime juice.
- Place watermelon in large bowl and toss with dressing right before serving, then gently fold in feta and mint.
- Make salad immediately prior to serving so that it doesn’t become too juicy.
- Watermelon: How to cut a watermelon and pick a ripe one each time.
- Lime juice: How much juice is in one lime.
Number of total servings shown is approximate. Actual number of servings will depend on your preferred portion sizes.
Nutritional values shown are general guidelines and reflect information for 1 serving using the ingredients listed, not including any optional ingredients. Actual macros may vary slightly depending on specific brands and types of ingredients used.
To determine the weight of one serving, prepare the recipe as instructed. Weigh the finished recipe, then divide the weight of the finished recipe (not including the weight of the container the food is in) by the desired number of servings. Result will be the weight of one serving.