This watermelon feta salad with mint is the definition of a refreshing summer side dish! A hit at every get together, this is a family favorite; sweet, juicy watermelon, tossed in a simple lime juice dressing, finished with plenty of salty feta and fresh mint leaves. It just doesn’t get better than this! Perfect for any cookout, BBQ, or summer party.
I love a good fruit salad in the summer, but I’m always looking for ways to kick the basic one up a notch. This salad does just that! Tender, juicy watermelon combined with salty feta cheese and a tart, sweet dressing makes the ultimate flavor combo. If you haven’t tried salt with watermelon, you are in for a major treat!
What Makes This Recipe So Good
Watermelon – Sweet and refreshing, watermelon goes so well with the saltiness of the other ingredients.
Feta – Crumbled feta is the perfect soft, salty cheese for this salad.
Mint leaves – With a sweet, cool flavor, mint adds another touch of summer to this salad.
Olive oil and lime juice – Combined together, they make a light, citrusy dressing that makes the flavors of the fruit and cheese pop.
How To Make Watermelon Feta Salad
Whisk together the olive oil, salt, and lime juice.
Add watermelon to a large bowl and toss with dressing right before serving
Gently fold in the feta and mint.
Top Tips For Making
- Make sure to assemble the salad right before serving, otherwise, it becomes really juicy and soggy.
- Not sure how to cut a watermelon? Check out my post on how to cut and pick the perfect watermelon.
- Click here for tips on juicing a lime and how much juice is in one lime.
More Summery Side Dishes
Hey – you’ve made it this far, and now we’re best friends! If you make this recipe, I’d love for you to give it a star rating ★ below. Make sure you follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook, too!
Watermelon Feta Salad
This sweet and salty salad is light, refreshing, and full of flavor.
- 8 cups watermelon cubed
- 1/2 cup feta crumbled
- 1/4 cup mint leaves chopped, loose cup
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
Whisk together olive oil, salt, and lime juice.
Place watermelon in large bowl and toss with dressing right before serving, then gently fold in feta and mint.
- Assembly: Make salad immediately prior to serving so that it doesn’t become too juicy.
- Watermelon: How to cut a watermelon and pick a ripe one each time.
- Lime juice: How much juice is in one lime.