These Crockpot chicken fajitas just couldn’t be easier or more delicious! They’re easy to make in the slow cooker and totally loaded with flavor. Delicious in tortillas, burrito bowls, or salads, these chicken fajitas are crazy tender and healthy, naturally Whole30 compliant, paleo, and low carb.
What makes these the best Crockpot Chicken Fajitas
- The chicken is really and truly super tender and succulent!
- This recipe couldn’t be easier – it’s a great dump and go meal!
- Naturally Whole30, paleo and low carb.
How to make Crockpot Chicken Fajitas
Coat the bowl of the Crockpot with a little spray oil. Add the sliced chicken, onion, and bell peppers to the Crockpot.
In a small bowl, whisk together lime juice, oil, garlic, taco seasoning, and salt. Pour over chicken, onions, and peppers and toss to coat well.
Cover and cook on high for 2-3 hours or on low for 4-6 hours, or until chicken is cooked through. Chicken should break apart easily, be firm, not soft or floppy.
What are chicken fajitas?
Fajitas originated from Mexico, and ‘fajita means ‘little belt’ or ‘strip. Originally the dish is made from skirt or flank steak that is cut into strips, and in this recipe the steak is replaced with chicken. The meat is seasoned with taco seasoning and cooked with bell peppers and red onion.
What do you serve with Crockpot Chicken Fajitas
These slow cooker chicken fajitas are not only super tasty, but they’re really versatile too! I love to stuff tortillas with it to make chicken fajita tacos but they are also great to place on top of burrito bowls or a salad, and serve with desired garnishes. Serving them with rice is always a good option too!
Benefits of using a Crockpot
Making these chicken fajitas in a Crockpot works so well! The ingredients are slow cooked, so the chicken is beautifully tender and it allows the flavors to really develop. I also love that you just dump all the ingredients in one pot and let it do it’s thing until you are ready to serve. Mexican meals just got easy!
Top Tips to Make Crockpot Chicken Fajitas
- Use one red, one yellow, and one orange bell pepper for a nice variety of color.
- Make your own taco seasoning easily by following a recipe like this one.
- Use gluten free, low carb, or paleo tortillas to suit your specific dietary preference.
- Use organic chicken that has been raised without antibiotics for a healthier dish.
Be sure to check out these other tasty Mexican recipes!
- Instant Pot Mexican Sweet Stuffed Potatoes
- Chelada – Mexican Beer Cocktail
- Fajita Salad with Steak
- Fish Taco Bowls
Hey – you’ve made it this far, and now we’re best friends! If you make this crockpot chicken fajita recipe, I’d love for you to give it a star rating ★ below. Make sure you follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook, too!
Crockpot Chicken Fajitas
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken breast sliced into very thin strips
- 1 medium red onion sliced into thin strips
- 3 medium bell peppers deseeded and sliced into thin strips. See Note
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 5 tablespoons neutral oil like avocado oil or refined coconut oil
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 4 tablespoons taco seasoning See Note
- 1 1/2-2 teaspoons salt
- spray oil like avocado oil
- shredded cheese like Monterey
- fresh salsa
- fresh cilantro chopped
- red onion chopped
- guacamole or avocado slices
- sour cream or yogurt
- Coat the bowl of the Crockpot with a little spray oil. Add the sliced chicken, onion, and bell peppers to the Crockpot.
- In a small bowl, whisk together lime juice, oil, garlic, taco seasoning, and salt. Pour over chicken, onions, and peppers and toss to coat well.
- Cover and cook on high for 2-3 hours or on low for 4-6 hours, or until chicken is cooked through. Chicken should break apart easily, be firm, not soft or floppy.
- Use tongs to stuff tortillas or place on top of burrito bowls or a salad, then serve with desired garnishes.