Italian dressing chicken is incredibly easy and loaded with flavor! With minimal effort you’ll have juicy, healthy chicken that pairs well with virtually anything. Prep this recipe ahead of a busy week for a readily available protein.
What Makes This Italian Dressing Chicken Recipe So Good
- It’s so easy! Let the chicken marinate, then bake it in the oven – that’s it.
- It’s the perfect dish to meal prep ahead of a busy week. Throw a piece of chicken over a salad for a quick lunch or pair it with roasted potatoes and veggies for a healthy dinner.
- The chicken soaks up the Italian dressing while it marinates. The end result is juicy chicken breasts with delicious flavor all throughout.
- It’s naturally keto! Serve it with veggies, sprinkle on some parmesan cheese, and you’ll have a tasty, easy, low-carb meal.
Key Ingredients for Italian Dressing Chicken
White Wine Vinegar – Less acidic than its counterparts, white wine vinegar offers a delicious tanginess to this dish.
Lemon Juice – Adds a bit of brightness, if you don’t have any lemon juice on-hand, you can go without it.
Italian Seasoning – It wouldn’t be Italian dressing chicken without Italian seasoning! Simply don’t forget it.
- The longer you leave your chicken to marinate, the more flavorful it will be! Keep that party going in the fridge for up to 8 hours.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade before baking it. Don’t worry, it’ll still retain a ton of flavor as it cooks.
- If you want to make this even easier, add all the Italian dressing ingredients straight into the resealable bag with the chicken. You can skip the mixing in a separate bowl step by shaking all ingredients in the bag together!
More Easy Chicken Recipes
- Instant Pot Frozen Chicken Breast
- Best Ever Easy Roast Chicken
- Crockpot Chicken Fajitas
- Air Fryer Chicken Legs
- Cranberry Chicken Salad
- Easy Sheet Pan Chicken Sausage
- Marry Me Chicken
- Dreamy Instant Pot Chicken and Rice
Hey – you’ve made it this far, and now we’re best friends! If you make this recipe, I’d love for you to give it a star rating ★ below. Make sure you follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook, too!
Italian Dressing Chicken
- Resealable plastic bag
- Small bowl
- 9×9 baking dish
- 4 chicken breasts
- In small bowl, whisk together all dressing ingredients.
- Place chicken breasts and Italian dressing in large resealable plastic bag. Refrigerate at least one hour, up to 8 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350° Fahrenheit. Remove chicken from marinade and place in 9×9 baking dish. Bake 45-50 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165° Fahrenheit.
- White Wine Vinegar: If you don’t have white wine vinegar, you can use red wine vinegar or apple cider vinegar instead.
If you enjoyed this post, be sure to check out 40 Aprons Premium! 40 Aprons Premium offers exclusive recipes, monthly meal plans, grocery lists, and more – all completely ad free!
Hi! I’m Sam, a travel, food and fitness enthusiast from the New York metro area. I love creating new and inventive recipes, and my favorite part is sharing them with others. My love of food goes all the way back to my early childhood, I grew up cooking alongside my mom and Nonna – the two best cooks I know! When I’m not in the kitchen, I’m either planning my next vacation, spending time outdoors (preferably on a beach), or bingeing Netflix’s latest docu-series. My passion for eating and living well led me to create the blog and Instagram account, Sam Does Her Best, where I health-ify my favorite comfort foods. I’m a big believer that good-for-you food can still be exploding with flavor and (most importantly) easy to make. I’m thrilled to be here at 40 Aprons doing what I do best – creating, photographing, and sharing delicious recipes with you all!