These Mexican tortilla wraps are crunchy on the outside and cheesy on the inside! Loaded with seasoned beef, nacho cheese, and tortilla chips, these wraps are exploding with flavor. The best part is, the four-fold hack turns it into a portable, handheld meal!
What Makes This Mexican Tortilla Wrap Hack So Good
- It’s honestly so fun to make! I got my whole family involved in the stuffing and the folding. Even the most inexperienced cooks are happy to create such an exciting meal!
- There’s flavor in every fold. I’ve managed to stuff as many tasty ingredients as I could in this wrap. The end result is deliciousness in every bite!
- These wraps are totally portable. Make them for your little ones for an easy handheld meal they’ll love!
Key Ingredients for Mexican Tortilla Wraps
Ground Beef – Cooked in taco seasoning, the ground beef gives you those delicious Mexican spices we all know and love. You can easily substitute ground turkey or chicken for the beef if you’d like.
Flour Tortillas – These are incredibly important to your Mexican tortilla wraps. Flour tortillas are far more pliable than corn tortillas and fold easily. They’re the foundation for this recipe, and do an amazing job at housing the rest of our ingredients.
Crushed Tortilla Chips – We fry our tortilla wraps at the end of the recipe to achieve a nice crispy outside, but what about the inside? That’s where the crushed tortilla chips come in. They offer an extra layer of crunch to these wraps. Trust me on this, they’re necessary.
- Remember to work carefully when folding. This part of the process can’t be rushed or else the insides will come spilling out. Focus on making neat folds all the way around your tortilla.
- When cooking the ground beef, drain as much of the grease from it as you can. Depending on how lean your meat is, the beef will release quite a bit of fat. Remove this fat before adding in the taco seasoning and water.
- Play around with the fillings! Add in black beans if you’d like. Swap out the shredded Mexican cheese for your preferred type of cheese. Whatever additions you choose, there really is no wrong way to stuff these Mexican tortilla wraps!
More Delicious Handheld Recipes
- Corned Beef Sandwich
- Epic Black Bean Burgers
- Healthier In N Out Burgers
- Keto Grilled Cheese
- Shredded Chicken Tacos
- Chicken Burgers with Chipotle Aioli
Hey – you’ve made it this far, and now we’re best friends! If you make this recipe, I’d love for you to give it a star rating ★ below. Make sure you follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook, too!
Mexican Tortilla Wrap Hack (TikTok Hack)
- Large skillet
- Small pan
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound ground beef see Notes
- 1 packet taco seasoning or make your own
- ¼ cup water
- 6 (8-inch) flour tortillas
- ½ cup nacho cheese
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 medium tomato diced
- ½ cup tortilla chips crushed
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1 tablespoon butter or olive oil
- Add olive oil to large pan over medium heat. Once hot, add in ground beef and cook until no longer pink. Drain grease. Add in taco seasoning and water. Mix to combine. Leave to simmer for 3 minutes, then set aside.
- Lay one flour tortilla on flat surface. From bottom edge, cut halfway up tortilla to center. Add cooked nacho cheese and cooked ground beef to lower left quadrant of tortilla. Add small handful of shredded lettuce and tomatoes to top left quadrant. Add crushed tortilla chips to top right quadrant. Finish with sour cream and shredded cheese in lower right quadrant.
- Fold ground beef & nacho cheese quadrant up to lay on top of lettuce & tomato quadrant.
- Fold first two quadrants over to lay on top of tortilla chip quadrant.
- Fold first three quadrants down to lay on top of cheese & sour cream quadrant.
- Melt butter in non-stick skillet over medium heat and carefully place crunchwrap in hot pan. Cook 1 to 2 minutes per side, or until golden brown.
- Repeat process for remaining crunchwraps.
- Make it Vegetarian: Use black beans, tempeh, or your favorite meatless substitute instead of the ground beef.
- Storing Leftovers: If you have any leftovers, store each ingredient individually. Don’t assemble wraps until you’re ready to heat and eat them.
If you enjoyed this recipe, be sure to check out 40 Aprons Premium! 40 Aprons Premium offers exclusive recipes, monthly meal plans, grocery lists, and more – all completely ad free!
Hi! I’m Sam, a travel, food and fitness enthusiast from the New York metro area. I love creating new and inventive recipes, and my favorite part is sharing them with others. My love of food goes all the way back to my early childhood, I grew up cooking alongside my mom and Nonna – the two best cooks I know! When I’m not in the kitchen, I’m either planning my next vacation, spending time outdoors (preferably on a beach), or bingeing Netflix’s latest docu-series. My passion for eating and living well led me to create the blog and Instagram account, Sam Does Her Best, where I health-ify my favorite comfort foods. I’m a big believer that good-for-you food can still be exploding with flavor and (most importantly) easy to make. I’m thrilled to be here at 40 Aprons doing what I do best – creating, photographing, and sharing delicious recipes with you all!