These Whole30 fish taco bowls with mango salsa and chipotle aioli make an absolutely wonderful Whole30 dinner. Loaded with guacamole, mango salsa, red cabbage slaw, coconut-lime cauliflower rice, and spicy chipotle aioli, I promise this will become your favorite paleo fish recipe or Whole30 fish recipe. Pinky promise! This Whole30 fish taco bowls recipe is gluten-free, dairy-free, grain-free, and sugar-free. Nothin’ fishy about it (SORRY!).
Ever since this Whole30 fish taco bowl recipe popped into my head, I have been unbearably excited to share it with you. Why? Well, let me describe this recipe to you; just the ingredients.
- pan-seared chili-rubbed tilapia loins over
- coconut-lime cauliflower rice, topped with
- red cabbage slaw,
- fresh mango salsa,
- guacamole, and
- a spicy chipotle aioli.
I’m pretty sure this is the most appropriate use of this expression ever: holy guacamole. What I very truly did was combine everything good I could think of for a fish taco bowl, leaving no stone unturned. My internal dialogue went a little like this:
“Do we need this in here?”
“Would adding that be too much?”
And so, you’re welcome. I think you just might want to Whole30 forever with this Whole30 fish taco bowl recipe, because y’all. I can’t even explain how beautifully the spiced, tender fish mingles with the creamy avocado, the oh-so-sweet mango, the rich coconut-lime cauliflower rice, the crunchy red cabbage.
It could be sleeting outside, and one bite? You’re automatically transferred to a sandy beach in Mexico, waiting patiently on that salty margarita you just ordered.
This Whole30 fish taco bowl is absolutely gluten free, grain free, sugar free, and dairy free. All of its deliciousness comes from wholesome ingredients you can feel
good amazing about, and it’ll make you feel fantastic, too. No bloating, no overfullness, no tummy aches, nada. Just plenty of energy to plan that trip to a sandy beach in Mexico, where they serve salty margaritas, that you suddenly need to take.
Whole30 Fish Taco Bowls with Mango Salsa, Chipotle Aioli, Coconut-Lime Cauliflower Rice (Paleo)
- 2 pieces avocados , peeled, seeded, and diced
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 2 tablespoons cilantro , chopped
- 1/2 pieces lime , juice of, plus more to taste
- 1 pinch Salt , to taste
- 1 piece mango , peeled, seeded, and diced
- 1 tablespoon cilantro , chopped
- 2 tablespoons red onion , chopped
- 1/4 piece lime , juice of
- 1 pinch Pinch of salt
Red Cabbage Slaw
- 1/4 piece head red cabbage , 2 cups, sliced thin or shaved
- 1/2 piece lime juiced
- 1 tsp Salt
Coconut-Lime Cauliflour Rice
- 1 piece head cauliflower , stemmed and loosely chopped, about 3 cups
- 1 cup full-fat coconut milk
- 1/2 piece lime , juice of
- 1 pinch Salt , to taste
- Prepare each item for your Whole30 fish taco bowls:
- Combine all spices in a small bowl and rub generously over top and bottom of fish filets. Heat coconut oil in a medium skillet over medium heat and add fish. Cook about 3-4 minutes on each side, or until fish flakes easily. Do not overcook.
- Combine all ingredients and mash until desired consistency. Add more salt or lime juice to taste.
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth. Taste and add more salt or lime juice to taste.
- Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl.
Red Cabbage Slaw:
- Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl. With your hands, massage lime juice and salt into cabbage to tenderize, until purple juices are released.
Coconut-Lime Cauliflower Rice:
- Fit your foot processor with the shredding blade or regular blade and feed chopped cauliflower in. Process until cauliflower resembles rice or couscous. Add all ingredients to a medium saucepan and place over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to medium. Cook until liquid is mostly evaporated and cauliflower is tender, about 7-10 minutes. Remove from heat and serve.
Assemble Your Whole30 Fish Taco Bowls:
- Spoon coconut-lime cauliflower rice into individual serving bowl. Spoon red cabbage slaw next to cauliflower rice. Top with fish filet, guacamole, then mango salsa. Finally, top with chipotle aioli. Serve immediately.
You can combine the steps for the guacamole and the mango salsa: just mix all ingredients for both steps in a medium bowl and stir to combine.
To save even more time, you can combine the guacamole and mango salsa ingredients with the red cabbage slaw: follow the directions for the red cabbage slaw first, since massaging the cabbage is important, and then combine the ingredients for the guacamole and the mango salsa. Stir to combine.