Bye bye, fast food! You won’t need the drive-thru anymore if you have a bag of frozen french fries and an Air Fryer! The Air Fryer crisps up ready-made french fries better than anything, and they truly taste deep-fried. If you’re looking for homemade air fryer french fries, you’ll love our crispy fast-food style recipe!
Some links in this post may be affiliate links. Should you click through to that product and make a purchase, 40 Aprons will receive a small compensation, at no additional cost to you. Anything mentioned here is referred solely based on my experience and satisfaction with the company and/or product, and not because of any potential commission. I’ll identify any affiliate links when they appear within the post!
Why This Recipe Is So Good
- We love simplicity and ease of cooking frozen french fries in an air fryer! Plus, they’re way healthier than those fried in oil.
- These are the perfect, easy snack for picky kids (or anyone craving junk food) without having to feel guilty!
How To Cook French Fries In An Air Fryer
The full recipe & ingredients list are below, but here you’ll find a quick overview for making this recipe perfectly, along with useful tips and info!
Preheat your air fryer and spray the basket with oil.
In a bowl, spray the fries lightly with oil and sprinkle with salt if desired. Add fries to the air fryer.
Cook, tossing the fries midway through the cycle. (See notes for more info and tips!)
Top Tips For Air Fryer Frozen French Fries
- You can adjust the cooking time depending on how crispy you like your fries or how thick they are. For softer or thinner fries, decrease time. For crispier or thicker fries, increase it.
- If you’re using an air fryer that doesn’t rotate, toss your fries very, very well midway through. Make sure the fries that are sitting on the bottom of the bowl are scooped up to the top.
- If your air fryer does rotate, be sure to check on them halfway to judge how thoroughly cooked they are.
- Do not spray too much oil, or your fries will get mushy!
- You don’t have to preheat your air fryer, but be aware that your cooking time may be longer!
- Try your fries with different seasonings for a more gourmet snack. Try garlic or onion powder, seasoned salt (mmm, Milo’s salt), or chipotle powder for fries with a kick.
More Easy Recipes You’ll Love
- Air Fryer Chicken Breast
- Air Fryer Tater Tots
- Sausage in the Air Fryer
- Instant Pot Frozen Chicken Breast
- Bean and Cheese Taquitos (4 Ingredients)
- Air Fryer Frozen Chicken Nuggets
- Air Fryer Salmon with Brown Sugar Crust
- Crispy Air Fryer Chicken Wings in Buffalo Sauce
- Pizza Rolls in the Air Fryer
Hey – you’ve made it this far, and now we’re best friends! If you make this recipe, I’d love for you to give it a star rating ★ below. Make sure you follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook, too!
Air Fryer Frozen French Fries
- Air fryer
- 1 bag frozen french fries
- air-fryer-safe spray oil neutral oil, like avocado or olive
- Preheat air fryer for 400º. Spray basket with oil.
- Spray fries with oil and sprinkle with salt, if desired.
- Cook for 20-25 minutes, tossing halfway.
Cook for about 20-25 minutes at 400º.
Compared to french fries deep fried or from a fast food restaurant, yes, they are healthier!
Oil isn’t necessary, but we like to add some in this recipe to keep the fries tender on the inside and add some flavor.
Try garlic or onion powder, seasoned salt, or chipotle powder.
If you enjoyed this post, be sure to check out 40 Aprons Premium! 40 Aprons Premium offers exclusive recipes, monthly meal plans, grocery lists, and more – all completely ad free!
Cheryl Malik is the recipe developer, writer, and photographer behind the healthy, flavorful, family friendly recipes at 40 Aprons. She’s been a blogger for 10+ years and is known for her delicious recipes and detailed recipe instructions. Cheryl is a mom of three who lives in Memphis, TN.