These keto shortbread cookies are surprisingly tasty and made with only 4 ingredients. Easy to whip together whenever you’re on a low carb diet and craving something sweet. Tender with crispy edges, they’re a must for any keto baking repertoire.
Some links in this post may be affiliate links. Should you click through to that product and make a purchase, 40 Aprons will receive a small compensation, at no additional cost to you. Anything mentioned here is referred solely based on my experience and satisfaction with the company and/or product, and not because of any potential commission. I’ll identify any affiliate links when they appear within the post!
What Makes This Recipe So Good
- These keto shortbread cookies are surprisingly easy to make, yet absolutely delicious. Made with just a few pantry staples, they are the perfect low carb treat.
- These cookies are absolutely perfect for the holidays. With just a sprinkle of sugar substitute, a little keto icing, or cut into cute shapes with cookie cutters, they are a great way to feel festive while staying in ketosis!
Swerve – Without a chemical-y taste, Swerve is perfect for these shortbread cookies. It’s sweet like sugar, but won’t take you out of ketosis or impact your blood sugar.
How To Make Keto Shortbread Cookies
The full recipe & ingredients list are below, but here you’ll find a quick overview for making this recipe perfectly, along with useful tips and info!
Mix all of the ingredients together and knead into a smooth dough. Roll out the dough and cut into rectangles or use cookie cutters to make them into cute shapes.
Prick the surface of the cookies gently with a fork and bake until the bottom edges are golden brown.
Top Tips For Making
- If you’d like, brush a little bit of cream on the cookies while they’re still warm and sprinkle with some granulated erythritol on top for a classic shortbread look. We also love these cookies topped with keto cream cheese frosting or keto royal icing.
More Keto Desserts
- Keto Chocolate Mousse
- Keto Mug Brownie
- Keto Pumpkin Cheesecake
- Soft Keto Peanut Butter Cookies
- Keto Peanut Butter Cups
- Cream Cheese Fat Bombs
Hey – you’ve made it this far, and now we’re best friends! If you make this recipe, I’d love for you to give it a star rating ★ below. Make sure you follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook, too!
Keto Shortbread Cookies
- 2 cups fine almond flour
- ⅓ cup granulated 1:1 sugar substitute blend like granulated Swerve, See Notes
- 5 tablespoons butter softened
- ¾ teaspoon sugar-free vanilla extract
- pinch salt
- heavy cream optional, for decoration
- granulated erythritol optional, for decoration
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Mix all of the ingredients.
- Knead until you get a smooth dough.
- Roll out the dough until it's a little less than 1/2" thick. Cut the dough into rectangles or use a cookie cutter to cut out shapes. Prick the cookies' surface lightly with a fork.
- Add cookies to parchment paper-lined or lightly greased baking sheet. Bake 7-9 minutes or until bottom edges are golden brown.
If you enjoyed this recipe, be sure to check out 40 Aprons Premium! 40 Aprons Premium offers exclusive recipes, monthly meal plans, grocery lists, and more – all completely ad free!
Cheryl Malik is the recipe developer, writer, and photographer behind the healthy, flavorful, family friendly recipes at 40 Aprons. She’s been a blogger for 10+ years and is known for her delicious recipes and detailed recipe instructions. Cheryl is a mom of three who lives in Memphis, TN.