These keto shortbread cookies are surprisingly tasty and made with only 4 ingredients. Easy to whip together whenever you’re on a low carb diet and craving something sweet. Tender with crispy edges, they’re a must for any keto baking repertoire.
What Makes This Recipe So Good
- These keto shortbread cookies are surprisingly easy to make, yet absolutely delicious. Made with just a few pantry staples, they are the perfect low carb treat.
- These cookies are absolutely perfect for the holidays. With just a sprinkle of sugar substitute, a little keto icing, or cut into cute shapes with cookie cutters, they are a great way to feel festive while staying in ketosis!
- We sweeten our keto shortbread cookies with Swerve sweetener! It’s sweet like sugar, but won’t take you out of ketosis or impact your blood sugar. Plus there’s no chemical-y taste or cooling sensation.
- If you’d like, brush a little bit of cream on the cookies while they’re still warm and sprinkle with some granulated erythritol on top for a classic shortbread look. We also love these cookies topped with keto cream cheese frosting or keto royal icing.
More Keto Desserts
- Keto Chocolate Mousse
- Edible Cookie Dough (Keto, Gluten Free, Egg Free)
- Keto Mug Brownie
- 2-Ingredient Keto Magic Shell (Sugar-Free Chocolate Shell)
- Keto Pumpkin Cheesecake
- Soft Keto Peanut Butter Cookies
- Keto White Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake (Sugar-Free)
- Keto Donuts with Vanilla or Chocolate Glaze
- 3-Ingredient Keto Caramel Sauce
- Keto Peanut Butter Cups
- Cream Cheese Fat Bombs
- Keto Peppermint Layer Brownies
- 2 cups fine almond flour
- ⅓ cup granulated 1:1 sugar substitute blend like granulated Swerve, See Notes
- 5 tablespoons butter softened
- ¾ teaspoon sugar-free vanilla extract
- pinch salt
- heavy cream optional, for decoration
- granulated erythritol optional, for decoration
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Mix all of the ingredients.
- Knead until you get a smooth dough.
- Roll out the dough until it's a little less than 1/2" thick. Cut the dough into rectangles or use a cookie cutter to cut out shapes. Prick the cookies' surface lightly with a fork.
- Add cookies to parchment paper-lined or lightly greased baking sheet. Bake 7-9 minutes or until bottom edges are golden brown.
Number of total servings shown is approximate. Actual number of servings will depend on your preferred portion sizes.
Nutritional values shown are general guidelines and reflect information for 1 serving using the ingredients listed, not including any optional ingredients. Actual macros may vary slightly depending on specific brands and types of ingredients used.
To determine the weight of one serving, prepare the recipe as instructed. Weigh the finished recipe, then divide the weight of the finished recipe (not including the weight of the container the food is in) by the desired number of servings. Result will be the weight of one serving.