Making corn on the cob in the Instant Pot couldn’t be easier or faster, but it’s our melted honey butter glaze that really takes this sweet corn to the very top level. All made in the Instant Pot, this will become your family’s favorite corn on the cob recipe at first bite!
Why This Recipe Is So Good
Corn on the cob just screams summer to me, and this honey butter glaze? Whoa. This sweet, buttery, golden glaze takes my favorite summer veggie up a major notch. You can leave the honey butter out if you’re vegan or just not a fan, but if you have no dietary restrictions, I highly recommend you go crazy with it.
Cooking corn on the cob in the Instant Pot or pressure cooker is so easy and fast, too! Serve this recipe as a side at your next barbecue or dinner, and don’t be surprised when the honey glaze disappears before the corn. It’s that good!
- Corn – Fresh corn on the cob is more than just a vehicle to get the honey glaze in your mouth — its sweet, crunchy flavor enhances every bite.
- Butter – You can use margarine if you don’t have butter, but I highly recommend you go for the real thing.
- Honey – The sweet, light flavor of honey combined with the deep richness of butter is out of this world.
How To Make It
- Place the corn on the trivet in the Instant Pot and pour the water over it.
- Secure the lid and cook on Manual High pressure for one minute.
- Quick release the pressure and then remove the corn using some long tongs.
- Pour out the water and return the cooking pot back to the Instant Pot.
- Turn on Sauté mode at low heat and add the butter, honey, and salt.
- Let everything melt and stir until it’s smooth.
- Put the corn back in the Instant Pot and turn each piece to coat everything in melty honey butter.
- Serve with lots of the honey butter for basting.
- If you don’t have an Instant Pot, check out my post on how to boil corn. You can heat your honey glaze in a pan on the stove!
- If you like spicy, try using hot honey instead of regular. It adds a major kick to the glaze. Sprinkle your corn with a little cayenne for serving.
More Instant Pot Recipes
- Instant Pot Carnitas
- Instant Pot Brown Rice
- Instant Pot Frozen Chicken Breast
- Instant Pot Steel Cut Oats
- Instant Pot Pinto Beans (No Soak!)
- 4 ears of corn shucked, or 8 ears of corn, shucked and halved
- 1 cup water
Honey butter glaze
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Place the corn on the trivet in the Instant Pot and pour the water over it. Secure the lid and cook on Manual High pressure for one minute.
- Quick release the pressure and then remove the corn using some long tongs. Pour out the water and return the cooking pot back to the Instant Pot.
- Turn on Sauté mode at low heat and add the butter, honey, and salt. Let everything melt and stir until it's smooth.
- Put the corn back in the Instant Pot and turn each piece to coat everything in melty honey butter. Serve with lots of the honey butter for basting.
- No pressure cooker: Can boil corn and heat honey butter glaze in a pan on the stove.
- Ingredient variations: Use hot honey and sprinkle corn with cayenne pepper.
Number of total servings shown is approximate. Actual number of servings will depend on your preferred portion sizes.
Nutritional values shown are general guidelines and reflect information for 1 serving using the ingredients listed, not including any optional ingredients. Actual macros may vary slightly depending on specific brands and types of ingredients used.
To determine the weight of one serving, prepare the recipe as instructed. Weigh the finished recipe, then divide the weight of the finished recipe (not including the weight of the container the food is in) by the desired number of servings. Result will be the weight of one serving.