These keto chips are crispy, easy to make, and made of bacon! They’re the perfect chips to go with your guac or other keto dips, and you’ll become addicted at first bite.
Why These Chips Are So Good
- These chips are incredibly crispy and the perfect snacks or fat bomb for the keto diet!
- This recipe is a great substitute for tortilla or potato chips when on keto! Try them with low carb queso, guacamole, or other potato chip dip.
- They’re bacon — need we say more?
How To Make Bacon Chips
- Preheat oven to 400º.
- Cut 8 slices of bacon into thirds and place on a wire rack on top of a cookie sheet.
- Bake the bacon for 20-30 minutes. Thin bacon will take about 24 minutes, while thicker bacon will take more like 30-34 minutes. (You can test the chips to see if they are done: take the bacon out of the oven and let it cool for a minute or two. Carefully press on a chip and if it gives quite a lot, put the baking sheet back in the oven for 3-5 minutes then test again. If the bacon gives just a little, it’ll cool nice and crispy.)
Top Tips For Making
- You want to make sure to bake the bacon long enough so that the pieces are crispy, but not burned. The bacon will turn a solid orangey-reddish color, but will not be darkened around the edges just yet when it is ready!
- Thin bacon is actually preferable here. It takes on an airy quality and tastes more like a potato chip than thick bacon. It also typically has a higher fat content, making it more like a fat bomb than meaty bacon!
- Give these keto chips a tortilla chip spin: sprinkle them with a small amount of fresh lime juice after baking until crisp. Alternately, sprinkle with taco seasoning before baking.
More Tasty Keto Recipes
- Keto Buckeyes
- Perfect Deviled Eggs with Bacon (Keto, Low Carb, Whole30)
- Flourless Keto Chocolate Torte Dessert (Gluten Free, Sugar Free, Grain Free)
- Everything Bagel Chicken with Scallion Cream Cheese Sauce (Keto)
Hey – you’ve made it this far, and now we’re best friends! If you make this recipe, I’d love for you to give it a star rating ★ below. Make sure you follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook, too!
And if you’re counting grams of net carbs, make sure you bookmark our Net Carb Calculator to easily calculate carbs for a keto or low carb diet.
These perfectly crispy bacon chips are a delicious keto option for all of your favorite dips.
- 8 slices bacon
Preheat oven to 400º.
Cut slices of bacon into thirds and place on a wire rack on a cookie sheet.
Bake bacon for 20-30 minutes. (See notes)
- Thin bacon is preferable for these chips.
- Bacon should be baked until it is crispy, but not burned. Thin bacon takes about 24 minutes, thick takes about 30 to 34 minutes.