These keto chips are crispy, easy to make, and made of bacon! They’re the perfect chips to go with your guac or other keto dips, and you’ll become addicted at first bite.
Why These Chips Are So Good
- These chips are incredibly crispy and the perfect snacks or fat bomb for the keto diet!
- This recipe is a great substitute for tortilla or potato chips when on keto! Try them with low carb queso, guacamole, or other potato chip dip.
- They’re bacon — need we say more?
How To Make Them
- Preheat oven to 400º.
- Cut 8 slices of bacon into thirds and place on a wire rack on top of a cookie sheet.
- Bake the bacon for 20-30 minutes. Thin bacon will take about 24 minutes, while thicker bacon will take more like 30-34 minutes. (You can test the chips to see if they are done: take the bacon out of the oven and let it cool for a minute or two. Carefully press on a chip and if it gives quite a lot, put the baking sheet back in the oven for 3-5 minutes then test again. If the bacon gives just a little, it’ll cool nice and crispy.)
- You want to make sure to bake the bacon long enough so that the pieces are crispy, but not burned. The bacon will turn a solid orangey-reddish color, but will not be darkened around the edges just yet when it is ready!
- Thin bacon is actually preferable here. It takes on an airy quality and tastes more like a potato chip than thick bacon. It also typically has a higher fat content, making it more like a fat bomb than meaty bacon!
- Give these keto chips a tortilla chip spin: sprinkle them with a small amount of fresh lime juice after baking until crisp. Alternately, sprinkle with taco seasoning before baking.
More Tasty Keto Recipes
- Keto Buckeyes
- Keto Granola
- Perfect Deviled Eggs with Bacon (Keto, Low Carb, Whole30)
- Keto Ramen
- Flourless Keto Chocolate Torte Dessert (Gluten Free, Sugar Free, Grain Free)
- Keto Alfredo Sauce
- Everything Bagel Chicken with Scallion Cream Cheese Sauce (Keto)
- Keto Broccoli Cheese Soup
- Cauliflower Potato Salad
- The Best Filet Mignon Recipe Ever with Garlic Herb Compound Butter (Reverse Sear)
Hey – you’ve made it this far, and now we’re best friends! If you make this recipe, I’d love for you to give it a star rating ★ below. Make sure you follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook, too!
And if you’re counting grams of net carbs, make sure you bookmark our Net Carb Calculator to easily calculate carbs for a keto or low carb diet.
- 8 slices bacon thin cut bacon preferred
- Cutting board & sharp knife
- Wire rack
- Baking sheet
- Preheat oven to 400º and place wire rack on baking sheet. Cut slices of bacon into thirds (24 pieces total) and place on wire rack.
- Bake bacon for 20-30 minutes. Note: Bacon should be baked until it is crispy, but not burned. Thin bacon takes about 24 minutes, thick takes about 30 to 34 minutes.
- Remove baking sheet from oven and let bacon cool, then serve with dip of choice.
Number of total servings shown is approximate. Actual number of servings will depend on your preferred portion sizes.
Nutritional values shown are general guidelines and reflect information for 1 serving using the ingredients listed, not including any optional ingredients. Actual macros may vary slightly depending on specific brands and types of ingredients used.
To determine the weight of one serving, prepare the recipe as instructed. Weigh the finished recipe, then divide the weight of the finished recipe (not including the weight of the container the food is in) by the desired number of servings. Result will be the weight of one serving.