This keto alfredo sauce is the real deal! Rich, cheesy, and creamy, it comes together in just about 10 minutes. Toss with palmini for a “That’s really keto?!” dinner the whole family will love, just like mine does!
What Makes This Recipe So Good
- Ready in just 10 minutes, it’s the perfect base for a low carb dinner on those nights when you want something quick, easy, and satisfying.
- You can store this alfredo sauce in the refrigerator up to 6 days, which means it’s great for meal prepping! Use a glass jar with a lid for maximum freshness.
- This recipe is so good, you won’t even know it’s keto. Seriously, even my kids love it!
Keto Alfredo Sauce Ingredients
Heavy Cream – Are your favorite soups and sauces velvety smooth? You can thank heavy cream for that. Because of its fat content, heavy cream is curdle-resistant, so it won’t clump or chunk at high heats. Trust me, no one wants that.
Cream Cheese – High fat, low carb, and low protein – the keto dream! It’s a must for rich, creamy sauce.
Parmesan – Name something that doesn’t taste better once you add Parmesan cheese. Oh, wait, that’s im-pasta-ble. It’s buttery, salty, and makes this sauce thick and cheesy. If you really want to elevate your alfredo, use a fresh Parmigiano Reggiano.
How to Make Keto Alfredo Sauce
The full recipe & ingredients list are below, but here you’ll find a quick overview for making this recipe perfectly, along with useful tips and info!
In a medium saucepan, melt the butter and cook the garlic until it’s fragrant. Add the heavy cream and cream cheese, then slowly stir in the Parmesan cheese until it’s well incorporated and thick. Finish up with a little salt and pepper to taste!
- Garlic burns easily, so keep a close eye on it. Add the heavy cream as soon as the garlic is fragrant.
- Avoid cream cheese clumps by bringing the cream cheese to room temperature before making your sauce. Clumps happen when the cream cheese is too cold and the mixture is too hot!
- High heat can make the parmesan stringy instead of smooth, so take the pan off the heat when you stir in the cheese.
- A side of keto green beans complements this alfredo sauce perfectly! My favorite keto green bean recipe comes from our sister site, Easy Healthy Recipes.
More Amazing Keto Recipes
- Keto White Chicken Chili
- Keto Broccoli Salad
- Keto Egg Salad
- Keto Ramen
- 20 Delicious Keto Breakfast Recipes
Hey – you’ve made it this far, and now we’re best friends! If you make this recipe, I’d love for you to give it a star rating ★ below. Make sure you follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook, too!
Keto Alfredo Sauce
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 4 ounces cream cheese see Notes
- 1 cup grated parmesan
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- ground pepper
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan. Cook garlic until fragrant, about 2 minutes.
- Add heavy cream and cream cheese.
- Slowly add Parmesan cheese, stirring constantly until well incorporated and sauce thickens, 5 to 7 minutes. Stir in salt and pepper.
- Any cream cheese will work, but I recommend Philadelphia brand because of the carb count. For this recipe, Philadelphia cream cheese will net you 4 grams of carbs, while the same amount of Kroger brand cream cheese nets 8 grams.
- Keep it keto: I like to use 3 cans of palmini noodles (or just 2 cans when I want it really saucy) to get that great pasta texture with only 2g net carbs per serving. Shirataki noodles, zoodles (zucchini noodles), and kelp noodles are great alternatives, too! For a side dish, check out the keto green bean recipe from our sister site, Easy Healthy Recipes.
- Pinot Grigio, like the 2019 Che Fico from Terre di Chieti, Italy
- Chardonnay, like the 2018 Fieldhouse from Mendocino County, California
- Pinot Noir, like the 2019 Gallivant from North Coast, California