Cooking asparagus in the air fryer produces perfect asparagus! It’s tender but with crispy ends, and it’s not at all stringy. The best part is that it’s oh so easy! Quick to throw together, perfect for a weeknight vegetable side dish, and elegant enough for company. All you need is two basic ingredients to make the best asparagus!
This is really the best asparagus I’ve ever had. The tips and spears are perfectly crisp and not at all soggy. This asparagus is an amazing side with steak, chicken, pork, seafood, risotto, or really whatever you’re craving. It’s such an elegant dish, yet so cheap and easy.
Asparagus in the air fryer is also so easy and quick. This recipe only uses 4 ingredients and takes under 15 minutes. It’s the most effortless yet fanciest side dish ever!
What You’ll Need To Make This Recipe
Asparagus – Be sure to use fresh asparagus for this recipe
Oil – Olive oil is preferable
Salt and pepper – Simple seasoning is all you need for this recipe
How To Make It
The full recipe & ingredients list are below, but here you’ll find a quick overview for making this recipe perfectly, along with useful tips and info!
- Trim your asparagus if it comes with the thick bottoms still attached. (See the top tips below on how to do it.) Toss the asparagus with olive oil and then season with salt and freshly cracked pepper. Put the asparagus in the air fryer basket. Cook at 400º F for 7-11 minutes, depending on how large the spears are.
- Remove the basket and shake it gently after cooking for 5 minutes so all the asparagus cooks evenly. Make sure to keep an eye on it while it’s cooking! The asparagus is done when it’s vibrantly green with the ends beginning to brown. Remove it from the air fryer immediately as soon as it’s done so it doesn’t overcook!
- If your asparagus comes with the woody roots still attached, you’ll definitely want to remove them prior to cooking. Place the bottom of the asparagus between your thumb and forefinger and bend it until it breaks.
- If making more than 1 pound of asparagus, make them in batches so that they cook evenly.
More Easy Air Fryer Recipes
- Air Fryer Mozzarella Sticks
- Air Fryer Cauliflower with Lemon-Garlic Aioli
- Perfect Air Fryer Bacon
- Air Fryer Pizza Rolls
- Sausage in the Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Potatoes
- Air Fryer Tofu
- 1 pound fresh asparagus
- 1 tablespoon oil
- salt to taste
- fresh cracked pepper to taste
- Air fryer
- Trim your asparagus. (See notes.) Toss with olive oil and liberally season with salt and freshly cracked pepper. Add to basket of air fryer and cook at 400º F for 7-11 minutes, depending on how large the spears are.
- Remove basket after 5 minutes and gently shake. Keep an eye on the asparagus for the rest of the cooking time. The asparagus is done when vibrantly green with the ends beginning to brown. Remove from air fryer immediately as soon as it's done.
- How to remove roots: Place the bottom of the asparagus between your thumb and forefinger and bend it until it breaks.
- More than 1 pound of asparagus: Make in batches.
Number of total servings shown is approximate. Actual number of servings will depend on your preferred portion sizes.
Nutritional values shown are general guidelines and reflect information for 1 serving using the ingredients listed, not including any optional ingredients. Actual macros may vary slightly depending on specific brands and types of ingredients used.
To determine the weight of one serving, prepare the recipe as instructed. Weigh the finished recipe, then divide the weight of the finished recipe (not including the weight of the container the food is in) by the desired number of servings. Result will be the weight of one serving.