Cooking asparagus in the air fryer produces perfect asparagus! It’s tender but with crispy ends, and it’s not at all stringy. The best part is that it’s oh so easy! Quick to throw together, perfect for a weeknight vegetable side dish, and elegant enough for company. All you need is two basic ingredients to make the best asparagus!
This is really the best asparagus I’ve ever had. The tips and spears are perfectly crisp and not at all soggy. This asparagus is an amazing side with steak, chicken, pork, seafood, risotto, or really whatever you’re craving. It’s such an elegant dish, yet so cheap and easy.
Asparagus in the air fryer is also so easy and quick. This recipe only uses 4 ingredients and takes under 15 minutes. It’s the most effortless yet fanciest side dish ever!
What You’ll Need To Make This Recipe
Asparagus – Be sure to use fresh asparagus for this recipe
Oil – Olive oil is preferable
Salt and pepper – Simple seasoning is all you need for this recipe
How To Make Asparagus in the Air Fryer
The full recipe & ingredients list are below, but here you’ll find a quick overview for making this recipe perfectly, along with useful tips and info!
- Trim your asparagus if it comes with the thick bottoms still attached. (See the top tips below on how to do it.) Toss the asparagus with olive oil and then season with salt and freshly cracked pepper. Put the asparagus in the air fryer basket. Cook at 400º F for 7-11 minutes, depending on how large the spears are.
- Remove the basket and shake it gently after cooking for 5 minutes so all the asparagus cooks evenly. Make sure to keep an eye on it while it’s cooking! The asparagus is done when it’s vibrantly green with the ends beginning to brown. Remove it from the air fryer immediately as soon as it’s done so it doesn’t overcook!
Top Tips For Making
- If your asparagus comes with the woody roots still attached, you’ll definitely want to remove them prior to cooking. Place the bottom of the asparagus between your thumb and forefinger and bend it until it breaks.
- If making more than 1 pound of asparagus, make them in batches so that they cook evenly.
More Easy Air Fryer Recipes
- Air Fryer Mozzarella Sticks
- Air Fryer Cauliflower with Lemon-Garlic Aioli
- Perfect Air Fryer Bacon
- Air Fryer Pizza Rolls
- Sausage in the Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Potatoes
- Air Fryer Tofu
Hey – you’ve made it this far, and now we’re best friends! If you make this recipe, I’d love for you to give it a star rating ★ below. Make sure you follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook, too!
Air Fryer Asparagus
- Air fryer
- 1 pound fresh asparagus
- 1 tablespoon oil
- salt to taste
- fresh cracked pepper to taste
- Trim your asparagus. (See notes.) Toss with olive oil and liberally season with salt and freshly cracked pepper. Add to basket of air fryer and cook at 400º F for 7-11 minutes, depending on how large the spears are.
- Remove basket after 5 minutes and gently shake. Keep an eye on the asparagus for the rest of the cooking time. The asparagus is done when vibrantly green with the ends beginning to brown. Remove from air fryer immediately as soon as it's done.
- How to remove roots: Place the bottom of the asparagus between your thumb and forefinger and bend it until it breaks.
- More than 1 pound of asparagus: Make in batches.
If you enjoyed this recipe, be sure to check out 40 Aprons Premium! 40 Aprons Premium offers exclusive recipes, monthly meal plans, grocery lists, and more – all completely ad free!
Cheryl Malik is the recipe developer, writer, and photographer behind the healthy, flavorful, family friendly recipes at 40 Aprons. She’s been a blogger for 10+ years and is known for her delicious recipes and detailed recipe instructions. Cheryl is a mom of three who lives in Memphis, TN.