These paleo chocolate chip cookies are simply delicious. Soft and sweet, bakery-style cookies filled with gooey chocolate chips, made with only 7 ingredients and prepared in just a few minutes. They’re just the best!
These indulgent, decadent cookies are so dang good, it’s really hard to believe they’re paleo. Perfectly soft with melty, gooey chocolate with a little sprinkle of sea salt on top, they just taste like the best cookies you ever made. Made almost entirely with pantry staples, these cookies are perfect for whipping up when you absolutely have to have something sweet. Because they’re paleo, they’re also gluten free, and so long as you use dairy-free chocolate chips or chunks, they’re dairy free, too! And did I mention how good they are?
What Makes This Recipe So Good
Tapioca starch – Gives these cookies a really tender texture that a lot of paleo baked goods lack. It also helps bind the ingredients of the cookie together (no crumbly mess!) and mimics the chew of a traditional, gluten cookie.
Almond butter – Instead of traditional, dairy butter, the almond butter is the bulk of the cookie and the fat needed for super delicious baked goods. Surprisingly, it doesn’t make the cookie taste like almond butter, but just makes for a seriously delicious dessert.
Coconut sugar – Very similar to brown sugar, but made from the sweet sap of the flowers from a coconut tree, not the actual coconut!
Eggs – Eggs add more fat to the cookies and add a rich flavor.
Vanilla extract – A little extra flavor that helps bring these cookies from basic to way extra.
Chocolate chips or chunks – You can’t have chocolate chip cookies without chocolate chips! For a little extra indulgence, chop up a fancy chocolate bar. Be sure to use dairy free chocolate if you are on a strict paleo diet.
Flaky sea salt – Optional but definitely recommended. A little salt with your sweet takes these cookies to bakery level.
How To Make Bakery-Style Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookies
The full recipe & ingredients list are below, but here you’ll find a quick overview for making this recipe perfectly, along with useful tips and info!
Preheat your oven to 325º F.
Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
Whisk together everything but the chocolate and sea salt.
After everything is mixed, fold in the chocolate chips.
Drop dollops of batter, about 2 tablespoons per cookie, onto the parchment paper-lined baking sheets about an inch and half apart from one another.
Press down each cookie slightly to flatten.
Sprinkle with the sea salt (if you desire).
Bake in the oven until the edges of the cookies start to crisp, about 10-11 minutes.
Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for at least about 5 minutes before removing them.
Top Tips For Making
- No need to refrigerate your cookies unless you absolutely want to! You can just store them in an airtight container in your pantry, cabinet, or just eat them right away (just being real, y’all).
- I prefer a no-stir almond butter over has a fat ol’ layer of almond oil on top. No-Stir Simply Nature Almond Butter is a perfect choice.
- Make sure to use dairy-free chocolate chips or chunks if you’re on a strict paleo or dairy-free diet.
Other Delicious Desserts
- Gluten Free Sugar Cookies
- Paleo Carrot Cake (Gluten Free)
- Keto Mug Brownie
- Black Bean Brownies
- Healthy Edible Brownie Batter
- Vegan Red Velvet Cupcakes
Hey – you’ve made it this far, and now we’re best friends! If you make this recipe, I’d love for you to give it a star rating ★ below. Make sure you follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook, too!
Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookies (Bakery Style)
- Preheat your oven to 325º F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Whisk together the almond butter, tapioca starch, eggs, coconut sugar, baking soda, vanilla, and kosher salt together in a bowl.
- After everything is mixed, fold in the chocolate chips.
- Drop dollops of batter, about 2 tablespoons per cookie, onto the parchment paper-lined baking sheets about an inch and half apart from one another. Press down each cookie slightly to flatten. Sprinkle with the sea salt (if you desire).
- Bake in the oven until the edges of the cookies start to crisp, about 10-11 minutes. Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for at least about 5 minutes before removing them.
- Storage: No need to refrigerate, just store in an airtight container.
- Almond butter: Use a no-stir almond butter like No-Stir Simply Nature Almond Butter.
- Chocolate chips or chunks: Be sure to use dairy free if on a strict paleo or dairy free diet.
I recommend buying wine from Scout and Cellar, especially for lower carb or sugar and the health conscious. There’s no added sugar to these wines, and they’re all much lower in carbs, calories, and sugar. For me, there’s no headache or fogginess the next day!
With sweet, chocolatey cookies, you want a wine that won’t take away from the sweetness, so I recommend:
– Cabernet Sauvignon, like 2018 Bookbinder 3rd Edition from Napa Valley, California
– Chardonnay, like 2019 Fiddleneck from Lake County, California
– Sauvignon Blanc, like 2019 Gallivant from Lake County, California