This buffalo chicken dip is super creamy and rich, perfectly spicy, and oh so easy! Made in the slow cooker or Crockpot, it’s a tailgating favorite and a perfect appetizer.
What makes this the best buffalo chicken dip recipe?
- This dip is really creamy, rich and super moist.
- It’s such a super super easy recipe! Simply pop everything in a slow cooker and let it do it’s thing!
- Everyone will love it! This dip is always a big hit!
How to make buffalo chicken dip
This recipe really couldn’t be any easier! Combine all ingredients in a slow cooker or Crockpot. Cook on low for 1 1/2-2 hours or on high for 1 hour, stirring occasionally, or until hot, melted, and bubbly.
Easy crockpot buffalo chicken dip recipe
I love my slow cooker, it’s just so easy to dump all of the ingredients in and then just forget about it until you are ready to serve! You can also keep the dip warm in your slow cooker if you are not ready to serve it right away.
What to serve with buffalo chicken dip
To make this dip a real show stopper, I like to garnish it with blue cheese crumbles and sliced green onions. Serve it up with chips, crostini, or parmesan crisps and celery sticks or carrot sticks.
Low Carb and Keto Or Make It Paleo or Dairy Free
This recipe is not only tasty, but it is also low carb and keto. It makes enough for eight servings, and each serving is under 400 calories and high in protein. To make this paleo or dairy free, simply sub the cream cheese with a good-quality dairy-free cream cheese like Kite Hill.
How long does buffalo chicken dip last?
This dip shouldn’t be left out for more than two hours. It will last covered in the fridge for around 4 to 5 days, so it’s great to make ahead of time and you don’t have to throw leftovers out! It can be reheated in the microwave or on the stovetop – because it has chicken in it, you should only reheat it once.
Top Tips to Make Buffalo Chicken Dip in the Slow Cooker
- Use a slow cooker liner for almost zero cleanup.
- You can cook the chicken breasts for this recipe in the oven, slow cooker, or Instant Pot and shred them with a fork.
- To save even more time, you can use a rotisserie chicken in this recipe.
- Use organic chicken raised without antibiotics and organic dairy to make this buffalo chicken dip a bit healthier!
For more tasty dip and tailgating recipes, be sure to check out:
- Buffalo Chicken Meatballs
- Spinach Artichoke Dip
- Paleo Buffalo Chicken Casserole
- Buffalo Chicken Ranch Meal Prep
- Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
- French Onion Dip
Hey – you’ve made it this far, and now we’re best friends! If you make this recipe, I’d love for you to give it a star rating ★ below. Make sure you follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook, too!
Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Dip
- 4 cups chicken cooked, shredded – about 2 medium boneless skinless chicken breasts (weighing about 1 ½ pounds uncooked)
- 12 ounces cream cheese
- ½ cup ranch dressing
- ¾ cup Franks red hot sauce or regular hot sauce of choice
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup crumbled blue cheese for garnish optional
- green onions for garnish, optional
- tortilla chips crostini, or parmesan crisps, for serving
- celery sticks and carrot sticks for serving
- Combine all ingredients in a slow cooker or Crockpot. Cook on low for 1 1/2-2 hours or on high for 1 hour, stirring occasionally, or until hot, melted, and bubbly.