These grilled carrots are perfectly tender and sweet! This four ingredients recipe will make a great addition to any summer barbecue. Fresh carrots are coated in a bit of olive oil and salt, tossed on the grill, then brushed with a touch of maple syrup.
What Makes These Maple Glazed Grilled Carrots So Good
- Grilling releases the natural sugars found in carrots. Then, they’re finished off with a brushing of maple syrup to bring out even more of that delicious flavor!
- It requires all of four ingredients to make! Carrots, olive oil, salt, and maple syrup is all you’ll need for this entire recipe. And the only appliance you’ll need is a grill – super easy!
- The grill equals easy cleanup! Adding these grilled carrots to your grilling lineup is a no-brainer. They taste great alongside virtually anything and act as a healthier side dish!
Key Ingredients for Grilled Carrots
Carrots – In my experience, thicker carrots perform a bit better in this recipe than thinner ones. However, you can use really any carrots you can get your hands on for these grilled carrots! Carrots are typically very dirty and you’ll need to be scrub them well before eating. For this recipe, you’ll then want to peel the outer layer of each carrot before proceeding.
Maple Syrup – There is something so satisfying about the sweet and salty combo found in these grilled carrots! When cooked, carrots release a bit of sweetness, therefore just a little bit of maple syrup is all you’ll need to bring that incredible flavor out. You can even drizzle more maple syrup over your finished dish, if you’d like!
- Check on your carrots every 5 minutes or so while they grill. Depending on the overall size of your carrots, they can cook slower or faster than the times recommended in this recipe. No need to hover, just open the lid on your grill and check on them every so often until cooked do your desired tenderness!
- Add any herbs and/or spices you’d like to this recipe! A sprinkling of cinnamon would make a great addition to this dish. Or even some fresh chopped herbs would be perfect to bring out those fresh flavors!
- These carrots are best enjoyed warm, directly off the grill! However, store any leftover carrots in an airtight container in the fridge for 4-5 days.
More Grilled Recipes You’ll Love
- Grilled Cauliflower
- Grilled Eggplant
- Baked Potatoes on the Grill
- Grilled Red, White, and Blue Potato Skewers
- Grilled Peaches with Honey
- Pork Belly Burnt Ends on the Grill
- Grilled Broccoli
- Grilled Brussels Sprouts
Hey – you’ve made it this far, and now we’re best friends! If you make this recipe, I’d love for you to give it a star rating ★ below. Make sure you follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook, too!
Maple Glazed Grilled Carrots
- Toss carrots in olive oil and salt to coat.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat and place carrots over direct heat for 7-10 minutes, turning often.
- Transfer carrots to indirect heat, brush with maple syrup, and cook for 15-20 minutes or until tender.
- Make it Sugar-Free: Use your favorite sugar-free maple flavored syrup instead of the maple syrup in this recipe.
If you enjoyed this recipe, be sure to check out 40 Aprons Premium! 40 Aprons Premium offers exclusive recipes, monthly meal plans, grocery lists, and more – all completely ad free!
Hi! I’m Sam, a travel, food and fitness enthusiast from the New York metro area. I love creating new and inventive recipes, and my favorite part is sharing them with others. My love of food goes all the way back to my early childhood, I grew up cooking alongside my mom and Nonna – the two best cooks I know! When I’m not in the kitchen, I’m either planning my next vacation, spending time outdoors (preferably on a beach), or bingeing Netflix’s latest docu-series. My passion for eating and living well led me to create the blog and Instagram account, Sam Does Her Best, where I health-ify my favorite comfort foods. I’m a big believer that good-for-you food can still be exploding with flavor and (most importantly) easy to make. I’m thrilled to be here at 40 Aprons doing what I do best – creating, photographing, and sharing delicious recipes with you all!