These baked chicken meatballs are super simple and delicious! Enjoy them on their own, dipped in tomato sauce, or over your favorite pasta. Throw together these easy baked chicken meatballs with just one bowl, in under 30 minutes!
What Makes These Baked Chicken Meatballs So Good
- They’re insanely easy to make! Simply mix all ingredients together in a bowl, then roll the meatballs and bake. In just three quick steps you’ll have a delicious meal or side dish.
- It’s a foolproof recipe that yields perfectly baked chicken meatballs every time! By baking these meatballs, we not only take all of the guesswork out of how long to cook them, but avoid the mess associated with pan-frying. No greasy oil splatter or hard-to-clean frying pans happening over here!
- They’re all-purpose and can be enjoyed any which way you’d like! I love dipping mine in tomato sauce as a quick and delicious appetizer. Though over pasta, in a sandwich, or alongside your favorite roasted veggies would make for a tasty lunch or dinner!
Key Ingredients for Baked Chicken Meatballs
Ground Chicken – If you don’t have ground chicken, ground turkey would work perfectly in its place. I used 93% lean ground chicken, though anything above 80% lean would taste great in this recipe.
Panko Breadcrumbs – These light and airy breadcrumbs make for light and airy baked chicken meatballs. Panko breadcrumbs give this recipe an almost crunchy bite that is truly unmatched. I highly recommend using Panko over any other type of breadcrumbs. And I also recommend against using flavored breadcrumbs, since this recipe has enough seasoning as-is.
Parmesan Cheese – Be sure to use grated, rather than shredded parmesan cheese in this recipe. The cheese not only adds delicious flavor, but helps to bind these meatballs together once baked.
- Stir together the meatball mixture until just combined. Whatever you do, avoid over-mixing at all costs! If you mix beyond the point of just combined, your meatballs could bake up hard and tough.
- The seasoning in this recipe is flexible, so feel free to play around with it! Dried basil or even an Italian seasoning blend would taste delicious in these baked chicken meatballs. Don’t be afraid to get creative and make this recipe your own.
- You can easily freeze these meatballs to enjoy later on! To do this, arrange them in a single layer on a baking sheet then freeze until solid. Once frozen, transfer them to a zip-top bag or airtight container and leave in the freezer for up to 3 months.
More Delicious Meatball Recipes
- Vegan Moroccan Meatballs
- Buffalo Chicken Meatballs
- Chimichurri Whole30 Meatballs
- Healthy Swedish Meatballs
- Keto Spaghetti and Meatballs
Hey – you’ve made it this far, and now we’re best friends! If you make this recipe, I’d love for you to give it a star rating ★ below. Make sure you follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook, too!
Baked Chicken Meatballs
- Large bowl
- 9×13 baking sheet
- Preheat oven to 400° Fahrenheit and line a 9×13-inch baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl, then scoop and roll into even-sized balls and place on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until cooked through.
- Make it Gluten-Free: To make these baked chicken meatballs gluten-free, use gluten-free breadcrumbs in place of the Panko breadcrumbs in this recipe.
- Make it Keto: Use additional freshly grated parmesan cheese in place of the Panko breadcrumbs.
If you enjoyed this post, be sure to check out 40 Aprons Premium! 40 Aprons Premium offers exclusive recipes, monthly meal plans, grocery lists, and more – all completely ad free!
Hi! I’m Sam, a travel, food and fitness enthusiast from the New York metro area. I love creating new and inventive recipes, and my favorite part is sharing them with others. My love of food goes all the way back to my early childhood, I grew up cooking alongside my mom and Nonna – the two best cooks I know! When I’m not in the kitchen, I’m either planning my next vacation, spending time outdoors (preferably on a beach), or bingeing Netflix’s latest docu-series. My passion for eating and living well led me to create the blog and Instagram account, Sam Does Her Best, where I health-ify my favorite comfort foods. I’m a big believer that good-for-you food can still be exploding with flavor and (most importantly) easy to make. I’m thrilled to be here at 40 Aprons doing what I do best – creating, photographing, and sharing delicious recipes with you all!