Baked Chicken Meatballs
These baked chicken meatballs are super simple and delicious! Enjoy them on their own, dipped in tomato sauce, or over your favorite pasta. Throw together these easy baked chicken meatballs with just one bowl, in under 30 minutes!
What Makes This Recipe So Good
- They’re insanely easy to make! Simply mix all ingredients together in a bowl, then roll the meatballs and bake. In just three quick steps you’ll have a delicious meal or side dish.
- It’s a foolproof recipe that yields perfectly baked chicken meatballs every time! By baking these meatballs, we not only take all of the guesswork out of how long to cook them, but avoid the mess associated with pan-frying. No greasy oil splatter or hard-to-clean frying pans happening over here!
- They’re all-purpose and can be enjoyed any which way you’d like! I love dipping mine in tomato sauce as a quick and delicious appetizer. Though over pasta, in a sandwich, or alongside your favorite roasted veggies would make for a tasty lunch or dinner!
Ground Chicken – If you don’t have ground chicken, ground turkey would work perfectly in its place. I used 93% lean ground chicken, though anything above 80% lean would taste great in this recipe.
Panko Breadcrumbs – These light and airy breadcrumbs make for light and airy baked chicken meatballs. Panko breadcrumbs give this recipe an almost crunchy bite that is truly unmatched. I highly recommend using Panko over any other type of breadcrumbs. And I also recommend against using flavored breadcrumbs, since this recipe has enough seasoning as-is.
Parmesan Cheese – Be sure to use grated, rather than shredded parmesan cheese in this recipe. The cheese not only adds delicious flavor, but helps to bind these meatballs together once baked.
- Stir together the meatball mixture until just combined. Whatever you do, avoid over-mixing at all costs! If you mix beyond the point of just combined, your meatballs could bake up hard and tough.
- The seasoning in this recipe is flexible, so feel free to play around with it! Dried basil or even an Italian seasoning blend would taste delicious in these baked chicken meatballs. Don’t be afraid to get creative and make this recipe your own.
- You can easily freeze these meatballs to enjoy later on! To do this, arrange them in a single layer on a baking sheet then freeze until solid. Once frozen, transfer them to a zip-top bag or airtight container and leave in the freezer for up to 3 months.
More Delicious Meatball Recipes
- Vegan Moroccan Meatballs
- Buffalo Chicken Meatballs
- Chimichurri Whole30 Meatballs
- Healthy Swedish Meatballs
- Keto Spaghetti and Meatballs
Baked Chicken Meatballs
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1 egg
- ½ cup Panko breadcrumbs
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Large bowl
- 9×13 baking sheet
- Preheat oven to 400° Fahrenheit and line a 9×13-inch baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl, then scoop and roll into even-sized balls and place on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until cooked through.
- Make it Gluten-Free: To make these baked chicken meatballs gluten-free, use gluten-free breadcrumbs in place of the Panko breadcrumbs in this recipe.
- Make it Keto: Use additional freshly grated parmesan cheese in place of the Panko breadcrumbs.
Number of total servings shown is approximate. Actual number of servings will depend on your preferred portion sizes.
Nutritional values shown are general guidelines and reflect information for 1 serving using the ingredients listed, not including any optional ingredients. Actual macros may vary slightly depending on specific brands and types of ingredients used.
To determine the weight of one serving, prepare the recipe as instructed. Weigh the finished recipe, then divide the weight of the finished recipe (not including the weight of the container the food is in) by the desired number of servings. Result will be the weight of one serving.
Leave a Comment