Craving tender, juicy chicken thighs with crispy skin… but only have frozen chicken thighs on hand? This Instant Pot recipe produces unbelievably moist and tender chicken with (really!) crispy, delicious skin, and there’s no need to even thaw the chicken thighs!
Why These Chicken Thighs Are So Good
- Cooking your chicken thighs in the Instant Pot with just a couple ingredients makes dinner so incredibly easy, yet still sooo tasty. This recipe is also perfect for meal prep or cooking your chicken to use in another recipe.
- I literally gasped when I tried these chicken thighs for the first time and said out loud (TO MYSELF!), “Oh, mama!” You know it’s good when you can’t help yourself!
- Forgot to thaw chicken for dinner? No problem! This recipe is meant for frozen chicken thighs. No more long waits or accidentally nuking your chicken in the microwave!
How To Make Frozen Chicken Thighs in the Instant Pot
- Season frozen chicken thighs with salt. Place the trivet in the Instant Pot. Pour in the brother. Place the chicken thighs inside on the trivet.
- Seal and cook on high pressure for 10-13 minutes. (See notes.) While chicken is in the Instant Pot, preheat the broiler in your oven.
- When time is up, let the pressure release for 5-10 minutes. Place chicken thighs on a baking sheet and pat dry. Add more salt or seasoning if you like.
- Place the chicken thighs on the baking sheet under the broiler, about 10 inches to a foot away from heat. Broil until skin is golden brown, about 5-10 minutes.
Top Tips For Making
- Cooking time varies based on whether your thighs have bones or not. For boneless thighs, cook in the Instant Pot for 10 minutes. For thighs with bones, cook for 13.
More Instant Pot Recipes
- Dreamy Instant Pot Chicken and Rice
- Instant Pot Sweet Potatoes
- Instant Pot Brown Rice
- Instant Pot Black Beans
- Instant Pot Pulled Pork
- Instant Pot Frozen Chicken Breast
- Instant Pot BBQ Chicken
Hey – you’ve made it this far, and now we’re best friends! If you make this recipe, I’d love for you to give it a star rating ★ below. Make sure you follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook, too!
Instant Pot Frozen Chicken Thighs
- Instant Pot or electric pressure cooker
- Sprinkle frozen thighs with salt. Place trivet in the Instant Pot and add broth. Place chicken thighs inside on the trivet.
- Seal and cook on high pressure for 13 minutes. (See notes for boneless chicken thighs.) Preheat broiler.
- Let the pressure release for 5-10 minutes. Place chicken thighs on a baking sheet and pat dry. Add more salt or seasoning if desired.
- Place chicken thighs under the broiler, about 10 inches to a foot away from heat. Broil 5-10 minutes or until the skin is golden brown.
- Cooking times: For boneless thighs, cook High Manual Pressure in the Instant Pot for 8 minutes. For thighs with bones, cook High Manual Pressure for 13 minutes.