The Instant Pot makes the PERFECT brown rice. Not only is it totally hands off, but the brown rice is fluffy and tender every time. This method works with brown basmati rice, long grain brown rice, and short grain brown rice.
Why This Recipe Is So Good
- Cooking brown rice in the Instant Pot is so much easier (and faster) than cooking it on the stovetop! No more mushy rice or having to keep a close eye on your pot.
- This recipe is the perfect way to get tender, lightly salted brown rice every single time.
- This brown rice is perfect on its own, but also great with chicken, tofu, beans, or in any other dish you want!
How To Cook Brown Rice in the Instant Pot
- Rinse the brown rice in a mesh strainer.
- Add all the ingredients to the Instant Pot and secure the lid. Turn the valve all the way to the right to secure.
- Cook for 20 minutes on Manual High Pressure.
- Let manually release for at least 10 minutes, then open the lid. Fluff the rice using a fork or spoon and serve.
Top Tips For Making
- We love brown basmati rice in the Instant Pot, but this also works perfectly with any long or short grain brown rice.
- Don’t use the “Rice” button with brown rice. The setting works best with white rice and will not cook brown rice long enough.
- One cup of uncooked brown rice will make about 3-4 cups of cooked rice. If making a larger batch, keep that in mind when doubling or tripling the recipe.
Other Super Easy Recipes
- Instant Pot Black Beans
- Teriyaki Salmon (Whole30)
- Garlic Butter Shrimp
- Easy Black Bean Soup
- Dreamy Instant Pot Chicken and Rice
- Air Fryer Frozen French Fries
Hey – you’ve made it this far, and now we’re best friends! If you make this recipe, I’d love for you to give it a star rating ★ below. Make sure you follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook, too!
Instant Pot Brown Rice
Brown rice cooked in the Instant Pot is the perfect way to get tender, fluffy rice every single time!
- 1 cup brown rice
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
Rinse brown rice in mesh strainer.
Add all ingredients to Instant Pot. Secure lid by turning valve all the way to the right.
Cook for 20 minutes on Manual High Pressure.
Naturally release for at least 10 minutes, then quick release and open lid. Fluff rice and serve.
- Types of rice: Recipe works for basmati, short grain, and long grain brown rice. Do not cook white rice as long.
- “Rice” button: Should not be used with brown rice.
- 1 cup of uncooked brown rice will make about 3-4 cups of cooked rice.