Everything Bagel dip is your next must-make recipe for any party, potluck, BBQ, or gathering! All the deliciously savory flavor of Everything But the Bagel seasoning in a rich, creamy scallion cream cheese mixture that’s absolutely perfect for dipping, spreading, and schmearing. This appetizer recipe is SO easy to make, too!
🧂 What Makes This Recipe So Good
- Everything Bagel dip has all the incredible flavors of the famed seasoning, mixed into a creamy blend of sour cream, cream cheese, and mayo. It’s rich, zesty, and wonderfully savory, and it pairs amazingly well with the dipping vessels of your choice. I like to use something crisp and crunchy to balance the whipped texture of the dip, but you could totally tear up soft bagels and use those instead.
- There’s zero cooking in this dip recipe, so it comes together SUPER fast. All you have to do is blend it all together! You don’t have to chill it, either, so if you’re short on time, you can literally whip this up right before your guests arrive.
- Of course, you can make it ahead of time if that’s more your style. Just cover it well and refrigerate it until you need it. It’ll keep for 3 days as long as the container’s airtight! Serve it chilled, at room temperature, or even warmed if you want.
👩🏼🍳 Chef’s Tips
- The most important step of this recipe actually happens before you start preparing the dip. Before you begin, set the cream cheese out on the counter for at least 30 minutes. It’s honestly crucial that the cream cheese come to room temperature, otherwise it won’t blend well or easily. You’re likely to end up with lumps of cream cheese all throughout the dip. If you forget, don’t just throw it in the microwave! Dairy products can curdle or separate if they’re heated too quickly, plus you don’t want the cream cheese to be hot or it could affect the sour cream and mayo.
- A little Everything Bagel dip hack if you don’t feel like dragging out your mixer: use whipped cream cheese instead of a regular old block. If you start with whipped cream cheese, you can just stir everything together with a silicone spatula instead of using a mixer. Still let it come to room temperature first!
- The longer the prepared dip rests before serving, the more intense the flavors will be. Keep that in mind if you’re debating adding more Everything Bagel seasoning! You don’t want to overdo it, trust me.
🎊 Party-Perfect Dips, Apps, and Spreads to Please a Crowd
- Marry-Me 7 Layer Dip
- Whole30 Tzatziki (Paleo, Keto, Dairy Free)
- Mexican Corn Dip
- Tuna Carpaccio
- 3-Ingredient Sausage Dip (Stovetop or Crockpot)
- Fried Pickle Dip
- Loaded Baked Potato Dip
- Dill Dip
- 3-Ingredient Boursin Dip
- Buffalo Hummus
- Memphis-Style Cheese & Sausage Plate
- Perfect Keto Charcuterie Board
- 4-Ingredient Chili Cheese Dip
For the Everything Bagel Dip
Serving Suggestions (All Optional)
- additional Everything Bagel Seasoning to garnish
- additional sliced green onions to garnish
- bagel chips or pieces of torn bagels
- pretzels or pretzel chips
- naan dippers
- fresh veggies celery sticks, carrot sticks, cherry tomatoes, cucumber slices, sliced bell peppers, etc.
- Large mixing bowl or stand mixer bowl
- Hand mixer or stand mixer
- Silicone spatula
- serving bowl
- lid for serving bowl or plastic wrap to cover bowl, optional
- Add 1 8-ounce block full-fat cream cheese, ½ cup mayonnaise, ½ cup sour cream, ½ cup sliced green onions, 1 tablespoon Everything Bagel Seasoning, and ½ teaspoon garlic powder to mixing bowl or stand mixer bowl.
- Using hand mixer or stand mixer, begin mixing ingredients together on low speed. Continue until mixture is smooth and creamy, with no lumps of cream cheese remaining.
- Transfer Everything Bagel mixture to serving bowl. If desired, garnish dip with dusting of additional Everything Bagel Seasoning and additional sliced green onions. Serve dip immediately with vessels of choice, or cover bowl with lid or plastic wrap and refrigerate dip until ready to serve.
- Cream Cheese: Don’t forget to bring the cream cheese to room temperature before starting the recipe! Cold cream cheese is a nightmare to try to mix with other ingredients. Don’t microwave the cream cheese if you do forget, though. Heating dairy products too quickly can cause them to curdle or separate.
- Sour Cream: You can replace the sour cream with Greek yogurt if you’d rather.
- Temperature: Dip can be served chilled, at room temperature, or hot. To warm dip, microwave it in 20-second increments, stirring well between each, until warmed through. Alternately, transfer the dip to a cast-iron skillet or glass baking dish and bake at a low temp for 15 minutes or until desired temperature is reached.
- Leftovers: Refrigerate in an airtight container up to 3 days.
Homemade Everything Bagel Seasoning
- 2 teaspoons white sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon black sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon dried minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onion
- ½ teaspoon poppy seeds
- ½-¾ teaspoon sea salt (flaked or coarse)
Number of total servings shown is approximate. Actual number of servings will depend on your preferred portion sizes.
Nutritional values shown are general guidelines and reflect information for 1 serving using the ingredients listed, not including any optional ingredients. Actual macros may vary slightly depending on specific brands and types of ingredients used.
To determine the weight of one serving, prepare the recipe as instructed. Weigh the finished recipe, then divide the weight of the finished recipe (not including the weight of the container the food is in) by the desired number of servings. Result will be the weight of one serving.