Perfectly juicy and flavorful chicken breast, cooked in the Instant Pot! Simply seasoned, seared, then fully cooked and ready to eat in under 15 minutes.
What Makes This Recipe So Good
- It takes all the guesswork out of cooking chicken! These chicken breasts are fully cooked every time in the Instant Pot. No need to check temperature or cut any open to make sure they’re done.
- Everything happens in the same pot. The Instant Pot does everything from sear the chicken, to fully cook it. Quick cooking and quick cleanup make this the one of the best chicken recipes of all time!
- They’re simply seasoned, yet super flavorful! The Instant Pot locks in flavor, ensuring these chicken breasts absorb as much flavor while they cook as possible. The end result is delicious chicken, ready to be added to any meal!
- In step 2, make sure you only sear the chicken breasts, NOT cook them completely. A couple minutes on either side is all you’ll need to give your chicken a nice lightly golden brown color.
- Enjoy these Instant Pot chicken breast however you’d like! I love slicing and eating them over salads for a well-rounded meal. You can also shred the cooked chicken and use it in tacos, casseroles, soups, etc.
- Store leftover Instant Pot chicken breast in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days. If you’re not able to finish it within 4 days, you can freeze it instead. Just freeze it in an airtight container and it’ll keep up to 4 months.
Other Easy Chicken Recipes You’ll Love
- Paper towels
- Instant Pot
- rubber or silicone spatula
- Instant Pot trivet
- Pat chicken breasts completely dry with paper towels. Liberally season all sides of chicken breasts with salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, and paprika.
- Set Instant Pot to Sauté and add 2 tablespoons olive oil to Instant Pot. When oil is hot and shimmering, place seasoned chicken breasts directly in Instant Pot, working in batches as needed to avoid overcrowding.
- Quickly sear chicken breasts for 2 to 3 minutes, then flip and sear other side 2 to 3 minutes. Remove chicken from Instant Pot and repeat with any remaining chicken breasts.
- Turn off Instant Pot. Pour chicken broth into pot to deglaze and use spatula to scrape up any browned bits from bottom of pot.
- Place trivet in Instant Pot and arrange all seared chicken breasts on trivet. Secure lid on Instant Pot with valve in sealing position.
- Set Instant Pot to Manual High Pressure for 5 minutes. After 5 minute cook time is up, carefully Quick Release pressure and remove lid. Serve chicken warm with desired sides.
- Feel free to change up the seasoning you use each time you make this recipe.
- All appliances behave differently, so double-check your chicken with a food thermometer before serving to make sure it’s fully cooked. It should read 165° Fahrenheit internally. You may need to adjust the cook time slightly depending on the age of your Instant Pot.
Number of total servings shown is approximate. Actual number of servings will depend on your preferred portion sizes.
Nutritional values shown are general guidelines and reflect information for 1 serving using the ingredients listed, not including any optional ingredients. Actual macros may vary slightly depending on specific brands and types of ingredients used.
To determine the weight of one serving, prepare the recipe as instructed. Weigh the finished recipe, then divide the weight of the finished recipe (not including the weight of the container the food is in) by the desired number of servings. Result will be the weight of one serving.