A quick and easy lunch or snack recipe! The perfect way to use up that leftover ham, throw it in a food processor and mix it together with a few simple ingredients. Prep a big batch at the beginning of the week and enjoy this ham salad with crackers or in a sandwich all week long!
What Makes This Recipe So Good
- It’s so easy! Some light chopping and mixing is all it takes to pull this tasty ham salad together.
- It’s a crowd-pleaser! People can enjoy it however they’d like – on crackers, in a sandwich or simply by the spoonful – YUM!
- The flavors get better with time, so store it in the fridge for at least an hour and up to 5 days for an easy lunch or snack.
- It’s naturally keto and low-carb. Serve it as a dip for veggies and you’ve got yourself a simple and satisfying low-carb snack.
Cooked Ham – Use either leftover ham or head to the store for a pound of boneless, fully cooked ham. Honey-glazed or smoked, really any type of ham will work here, so go ahead and use what you prefer!
Celery – Offers an incredible crunch and does amazing things for the overall texture of this ham salad. I chop my celery into about 1/4 inch pieces, but feel free to chop larger or smaller based on your preferences.
Sweet Pickle Relish – You could use chopped pickles, but the relish offers a handful of spices that maximize the flavor. I find when using sweet pickle relish, your ham salad won’t even need additional spices like salt or pepper.
- Leave your ham salad to chill overnight, and by the morning it’ll exploding with flavor!
- Follow the ingredient amounts closely. This is made with the perfect amount of mayo, giving you a creamy salad that’s not too wet.
- Chop the green onion as small as you can get it, to allow its flavors to evenly disperse throughout the salad. You don’t want big chunks of green onion that could potentially overpower a bite of this ham salad.
Other Easy Salad Recipes
- Creamy Shrimp Salad
- Cornbread Salad
- Deviled Ham
- Buffalo Chicken Salad
- Keto Tuna Salad
- Keto Egg Salad
- Guacamole Salad
- Chicken Salad with Grapes
- 1 pound cooked ham diced
- 1 hard boiled egg
- 3/4 cups mayonnaise
- 3 celery stalks chopped
- 1 tablespoon sweet pickle relish
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons green onion finely chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Food processor or blender
- Large bowl
- Place ham in food processor and pulse until finely chopped, remove and transfer to a bowl.
- Place hard boiled egg in food processor and pulse until finely chopped, add to bowl with the ham.
- Add in remaining ingredients and mix well to combine.
- Cover bowl and let chill in the fridge for at least one hour and up to overnight.
- Consider adding chopped dill pickles for extra crunchy and pickle-y flavor.
- Hard Boiled Egg: Add egg to boiling water, turn off heat and let sit covered for 10-12 minutes. Remove from pot, run egg under cold water and peel to reveal a hard boiled egg.
- Dijon Mustard: While dijon tastes best in this recipe, you can use yellow mustard instead.
Number of total servings shown is approximate. Actual number of servings will depend on your preferred portion sizes.
Nutritional values shown are general guidelines and reflect information for 1 serving using the ingredients listed, not including any optional ingredients. Actual macros may vary slightly depending on specific brands and types of ingredients used.
To determine the weight of one serving, prepare the recipe as instructed. Weigh the finished recipe, then divide the weight of the finished recipe (not including the weight of the container the food is in) by the desired number of servings. Result will be the weight of one serving.
Leave a Comment